AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 22 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which city, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari has recently (in Feb ‘23) laid the Foundation Stone of the World’s largest and unique ‘Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park’?
1) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
2) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
5) Nagpur, MaharashtraAnswer-5) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, laid the Foundation Stone of the world’s largest and unique ‘Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park’ in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
About Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park:
i. Nitin Gadkari has mentioned Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park as the world’s first inclusive disabled park.
ii. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Government of India, has provided the provision of about Rs 12 crore for this park which has been built on 90,000 square feet.
iii. The park will have facilities for all 21 types of disabilities and this park acts as an initiative taken under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD Act).
- With which country’s Army, the Indian Army has recently (in Feb ‘23) commenced the 4th edition of the bilateral joint military exercise, ‘Ex-DUSTLIK IV – 2023′, in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand?
5) BangladeshAnswer-1) Uzbekistan
Ex-DUSTLIK IV – 2023, the 4th edition of the bilateral joint military exercise between the Indian Army and Uzbekistan Army commenced in Foreign Training Node in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand. The 14-day long joint exercise will culminate on 5th March 2023.
• To promote positive relations and interoperability between both the armies
• To enhance military capability to undertake multi-domain operations in a Sub Conventional scenario under United Nations Mandate.
ii. Participants: 45 soldiers each from Uzbekistan and the Indian Army.
• The Indian contingent will be represented by the 14th Battalion, The GARHWAL RIFLES, part of Western Command and the contingent from Uzbekistan is represented by troops of the North Western Military District of Uzbekistan Army.
- According to the RBI occasional paper “Do Bank Mergers Improve Efficiency? The Indian Experience” released in February 2023, Banking mergers in India have been Beneficial to the Banking Sector.
Who authored the occasional paper of RBI along with Snehal S. Herwadkar ?
1) Vivek Joshi
2) Shubham Gupta
3) Vaishnavi Chavan
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) occasional paper Vol. 43, No.1, 2022 titled ‘Do Bank Mergers Improve Efficiency? The Indian Experience’, banking mergers in India have been, on average, beneficial to the banking sector as the financial performance and efficiency of acquirers improved post-merger.
i. The paper is authored by Snehal S. Herwadkar, Shubham Gupta and Vaishnavi Chavan, Director, Department of Economic and Policy Research, RBI.
ii. It has evaluated bank mergers in India since 1997 to gauge their impact on acquirers’ efficiency.
iii. The Findings of data envelopment analysis (DEA) are for the period 1997-2017. The study covered all registered Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) in the Indian commercial banking industry, between 1997 and 2020. The sample reduced to includes 17 merger cases during 1997- 2017 and five merger cases during 2019-2020.
- Which Mutual fund company has recently (in Feb ‘23) launched the ‘dividend yield fund’, an open-ended equity scheme?
1) IDFC Mutual Fund
2) SBI Mutual Fund
3) Axis Mutual Fund
4) HDFC Mutual Fund
5) ICICI Prudential Mutual FundAnswer-2) SBI Mutual Fund
SBI Mutual Fund announced the launch of SBI Dividend Yield Fund, an open-ended equity scheme that will invest at least a minimum of 65% of the assets into equity & equity related instruments predominantly into dividend yielding companies.
i. The new fund offer (NFO) is opened on February 20, 2023 and will close on March 6, 2023. The first-tier of the fund is the NIFTY 500 TRI.
ii. The scheme would invest between 65% – 100% of its assets in equity and equity-related instruments of dividend-yielding companies, up to 35% in other equity and equity-related instruments, and up to 35% in debt securities.
- Name the bank that recently (in Feb ‘23) launched its own private cloud infrastructure to facilitate high-performance cloud capabilities for the digital infrastructure.
1) Bank of Maharashtra
2) Bank of India
3) Canara Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-1) Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has launched its own private cloud infrastructure, Mahabank Nakshatra, to improve the performance of cloud capabilities of the bank’s digital infrastructure and hosting applications.
i. A mobile app named Arjun (Automated Remote Junction for Monitoring of Assets Under Stress) was launched by the bank to provide a snapshot of stressed asset (SMA & Slippages) portfolio to bank staff and feat on street (FOT).
ii. The bank launched a legal case tracking software termed ‘Mykase’ to strengthen Recovery mechanism.
- Which Bank recently (in Feb ‘23) launched an integrated banking portal to provide inclusive digital banking and value-added services for business banking and corporate clients?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) South Indian Bank
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-4) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL) launched an integrated banking portal named ‘Kotak fyn‘, to provide inclusive digital banking and value-added services to its business banking and corporate clients.
i. Under the portal, services will be provided for all products, including trade & services, account services, payments, and collections.
- As per the research report released by the State Bank of India (SBI) Ecowrap in February 2023, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for Q3 FY23 is estimated at __________.
5) 3.9%Answer-3) 4.6%
As per the research report by the State Bank of India (SBI) Ecowrap, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for Q3 FY23 is estimated at 4.6%. The annual GDP projection for FY23 is estimated to grow between 6.8 and 7%.
i. This estimate is based upon an in-house SBI Artificial Neural Network (ANN) model.
ii. Notably India’s GDP grew at 0.7% and 5.4% in Q3 FY21 and Q3 FY22, respectively. In Q1FY23 the growth has been pegged at 13.5%, and for Q2FY23, it was at 6.3%.
- Name the bank that recently (in Feb ‘23) won “Prathista Puraskar” under ‘Digidhan Awards 2021-22’ from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
1) ICICI Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Induslnd Bank
4) Karnataka Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank Limited was awarded “Prathista Puraskar” under ‘Digidhan Awards 2021-22’ by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India (GoI), for achieving the target with the highest percentage in Bharat Interface for Money-Unified Payments Interface (BHIM-UPI) transactions in Private Sector Bank category.
i. The bank, known as “KBL-NxT”, is currently undertaking an accelerated digital drive under its transformation journey “KBL VIKAAS 2.0.”
- Name the personality who has recently (in Feb ‘23) appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) by Government of India.
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) Bikesh debroy
3) Amitabh Kant
4) Parameswaran Iyer
5) BVR SubrahmanyamAnswer-5) BVR Subrahmanyam
The Government of India (GoI) has approved the appointment of former Commerce Secretary BVR Subrahmanyam (56 years old) as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India).
i. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Subrahmanyam’s appointment for a period of 2 years from the date of assumption of the charge of the post.
ii. Subrahmanyam will succeed incumbent CEO Parameswaran Iyer, who will join the World Bank (WB) as Executive Director in Washington, DC, United States (US) for a 3-year term. He will take over for Rajesh Khullar.
- Who has recently (in Feb ‘23) became India’s 80th Grandmaster (GM), after defeating International Master (IM) Ilja Schneider (Germany) at the NordWest Cup 2023 in Germany?
1) N.R. Vignesh
2) M Pranesh
3) N.R. Visakh
4) Aditya Mittal
5) Rahul SrivatshavAnswer-1) N.R. Vignesh
Indian Chess Player N.R. Vignesh (25-year-old), from Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), became India’s 80th Grandmaster (GM) after defeating International Master (IM) Ilja Schneider of Germany at NordWest Cup 2023 (24th edition) at Bad Zwischenahn in Germany which was held from 26th January 2023 to 29th January 2023.
• He became the Grandmaster after crossing 2500 in the live ratings.
• N.R. Vignesh also became the 29th Grandmaster hailing from Tamil Nadu(TN).
i. India’s 1st Brothers duo of Grandmasters:
• N.R. Visakh and N.R. Vignesh, became India’s first pair of siblings (brothers) to hold the title of Grandmaster.
• N.R. Visakh, elder brother of Grandmaster N.R. Vignesh had become India’s 59th GM in 2019.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification