AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 22 February 2022
- In which state the 48th edition of the Khajuraho Dance Festival will be held from 20th to 26th February, 2022?
2) West Bengal
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh (MP) Governor Mangubhai Patel Inaugurated the Week long 48th Khajuraho Dance Festival in Khajuraho, located in Chhatarpur district, MP. The 48th edition of Khajuraho Dance Festival will be held from 20th to 26th February, 2022.
i. The Khajuraho Dance Festival is organised annually by the Government of Madhya Pradesh, Culture’ Department through Ustad Alauddin Khan Sangeet and Kala Academy, Madhya Pradesh Sanskriti Parishad, Bhopal
ii. The festival will be presenting artists with the ‘National Kalidas Award’ for dance for the years 2019-20 and 2020-21 and the ‘MP State Rupankar Kala Award’ at this ceremony.
iii. On the first day, disciples of the late ‘Pandit Birju Maharaj’ will perform which will be the centre of attraction.
- Which of the following Indian Air Force (IAF)’s aircraft represents India at the Singapore Air Show 2022 held at the Changi Exhibition Centre, Singapore in February 2022?
1) Sukhoi Su-27
2) Tejas MK-I
3) Kiran MK-II
5) Dhruv MK-IIIAnswer-2) Tejas MK-I
Indian Air Force (IAF) contingent participated in the Singapore Air Show 2022 held from 15th to 18th February 2022 at the Changi Exhibition Centre, Singapore. India showcased the IAF’s ‘Made in India’ Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas Mark-One (MK-1), a 4th generation fighter aircraft.
Singapore Air Show is a biennial event that provides a platform for the Global Aviation Industry to showcase its products. This is Asia’s largest Aerospace and Defence event.
About Tejas LCA:
i. The Indian fighter jet, Tejas, was developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the IAF and Indian Navy in collaboration with the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).
ii. Tejas LCA is powered by a General Electric F404-GE-IN20 engine and can carry a maximum payload of 3,500 kg.
• Length 13.2 m.
• Wingspan 8.2 m.
• Height 4.4 m.
• Max Take off Weight 13.5 Tonnes(T).
• Service Ceiling 16 km
- Which organisation recently (in Feb’22) received the “Most Dependable Public Sector in India Award 2022” by the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)?
1) Steel Authority of India Ltd
2) NTPC Ltd
3) Bharat Petroleum Ltd
4) Coal India Ltd
5) Oil and Natural Gas CorporationAnswer-4) Coal India Ltd
Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) awarded ‘Most Dependable Public Sector in India award 2022’ to Coal India Limited (CIL), an organization under Ministry of Coal during Energy Meet & Excellence Awards 2022 ceremony in Kolkata, West Bengal.
About The Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM): Establishment – 1920
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
President – Vineet Agarwal
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the “Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) Awards 2022”?
1) Bollywood actors Ranveer Singh and Kriti Sanon received awards in the Best Actor and Best Actress category for their performances in movies ‘83‘ and ‘Mimi‘.
2) Actress Asha Parekh was honoured with an award for her outstanding contribution to cinema.
3) ‘Pushpa: The rise’ Telugu film received the ‘film of the year’ award and Shershaah received the ‘Best Film in DPIFF’ Award 2022.
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Bollywood actors Ranveer Singh and Kriti Sanon received awards in the Best Actor and Best Actress category for their performances in movies ‘83‘ and ‘Mimi‘.
i. Actress Asha Parekh was honoured with an award for her outstanding contribution to cinema.
ii. ‘Pushpa: The rise’ Telugu film received the film of the year award and Shershaah received the Best Film in DPIFF Award 2022.
iii. The current (as of Feb’22) CEO of Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) is Abhishek Mishra.
- In February 2022, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reconstituted its Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC) with 20 members.
Who is the New Chairperson of the Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC)?
1) Salil Parekh
2) K Dinesh
3) Arjun Malhotra
4) Nandan Nilekani
5) NR Narayana MurthyAnswer-5) NR Narayana Murthy
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC), which has now 20 members and will be chaired by Infosys co-founder Nagavara Ramarao (NR) Narayana Murthy.
i. The committee advises SEBI on a range of issues that impact further development of the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) industry, and startup ecosystem in India. It also advises SEBI on issues which need to be taken up with other regulators for development of the AIF.
Note- Constituted by SEBI in 2015 with 22 members, the panel has submitted three reports on the AIF.
- Identify the International Chess Federation masters who were recently (in Feb’22) appointed as the Brand Ambassadors of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme?
1) Padmini Rout & Tania Rout
2) Jayshree Khadilkar & Vasanti Khadilkar
3) Saurav Anand & Garima Anand
4) Tanishka Kotia & Riddhika Kotia
5) Garima Gaurav & Kumar GauravAnswer-4) Tanishka Kotia & Riddhika Kotia
International Chess Player woman FIDE (International Chess Federation or World Chess Federation) Masters, Tanishka Kotia and her sister Riddhika Kotia are appointed as Brand Ambassadors for the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme for the Gurugram District of Haryana State.
About Tanishka Kotia & Riddhika Kotia:
i. Tanishka Kotia won the Limca Book of Records for being the youngest chess player in 2008. They belong to the Haryana state.
ii. Tanishka Kotia ranks 2nd in the country in the under-16 category, World Chess Federation rankings released in 2019.
iii. She won a Gold medal at the ASEAN Chess Championship in 2013 and silver at the Commonwealth Chess Championship In 2014 in Scotland.
iv. Riddhika Kotia represented India at several prestigious international events, including the World Junior Chess Championship 2020.
- Who recently (in Feb’22) got nominated as the Director of the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with effect from February 16th, 2022?
1) B Venugopal
2) Sanjay Malhotra
3) T Rabi Shankar
4) Ashwini Kumar Tewari
5) Swaminathan JAnswer-2) Sanjay Malhotra
The Government of India(GoI) has nominated Sanjay Malhotra, the Secretary of the Department of Financial Services(DFS), under the Ministry of Finance, as the Director of the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) with effect from 16th February 2022 and until further orders.
i. He has also been nominated as the Director on the central board of directors of State Bank of India (SBI), with immediate effect and until further order.
ii. He has served as the Chairman & Managing Director of REC Limited(formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited).
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the West Indies Tour of India – 2022?
A) India defeated West Indies by 3-0 in both One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty-20 Internationals (T20I) cricket under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma.
B) The Indian cricket team became the 1st team to win 100 T20I matches.
C) Rohit equalled Eoin Morgan (England) record of 9 consecutive T20I wins as a skipper.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only AAnswer-5) Only A
India defeated West Indies by 3-0 in both One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty-20 Internationals (T20I) cricket under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma.
i. The Indian cricket team became the 2nd team to win 100 T20I matches followed by Pakistan.
ii. Rohit equalled Sarfaraz Ahmed (Former Pakistan Captain) record of nine consecutive T20I wins as a skipper.
iii. India under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma, claims the T20I crown for the first time in six years, last time India held the ranking was under the leadership of MS Dhoni in early 2016.
- What is the theme of International Mother Language Day 2022, which is observed annually across the globe by the UN on the 21st of February?
1) Linguistic diversity & multilingualism count for sustainable development
2) Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities
3) Indigenous languages matter for development and peace building
4) Fostering multilingualism for inclusion in education and society
5) Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual EducationAnswer-2) Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities
The United Nations (UN)’s International Mother Language Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st February to promote multilingualism and to create awareness about linguistic and cultural diversity.
i. The theme of International Mother Language Day 2022 is “Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities”.
ii. Observance in India- Matrubhasha Diwas: On the occasion of the International Mother Language Day (Matrubhasha Diwas), the Ministry of Culture, Government of India has organised 2-day events (21st & 22d February 2022) under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav at Indira Gandhi National Center of Arts, New Delhi, Delhi.
Note- The celebration of International Mother Language Day is an initiative proposed by Bangladesh.
- In February 2022, Assam became the 1st state to launch “India’s 1st night navigation mobile app” for ferry services on ________ river.
1) Dihing River
2) Barak River
3) Gadadhar River
4) Brahmaputra river
5) Dhansiri RiverAnswer-4) Brahmaputra river
CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma launched India’s first Night Navigation mobile application (app) for ferry services on the Brahmaputra river in Guwahati, Assam.
i. It was developed by the State Transport Department in association with K Raju, the principal scientist of IIT Madras.
ii. The first night journey of the IWT (Inland Water Transport) ferry between Guwahati and North Guwahati was started on 19 February 2022.
iii. An MoU was also signed between the Common Service Centres (CSCs) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and State Transport Department to provide online services at the panchayat level.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification