AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Name the Multinational Exercise that was recently (in Dec’21) organized in Pune, Maharashtra to develop capabilities in disaster management aspects of the BIMSTEC?
5) JIMEX-21Answer-1) PANEX-21
The 3rd edition of multi-national – multi-agency exercise, PANEX-21, was organized at Pune, Maharashtra to develop capabilities in disaster management aspects for the BIMSTEC Nation.
i. It is a Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise & It was participated by subject matter experts and delegates from India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand (BIMSTEC) countries.
- Which Organization developed India’s 1st GIS based ‘Automatic Water Supply System’ for citizens of Cantonment Boards under eChhawani project?
1) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences
2) Gujarat Council of Science & Technology
3) Raman Research Institute
4) Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications & Geo informatics
5) National Remote Sensing CentreAnswer-4) Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications & Geo informatics
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched India’s 1st Geographic Information System (GIS) Based ‘Automatic Water Supply System’ for citizens of Cantonment Boards under eChhawani project.
i. The module for this system has been developed by Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo informatics (BISAG) under the guidance of Defence Secretary & Director General of Defence Estates (DGDE), Delhi.
ii. The integration of the system with the e-Chhawani portal is done by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
- Which Country’s Foreign Affairs Minister recently (in Dec’21) visited India & signed an agreement with India on diplomatic training & Program of cooperation?
5) KyrgyzstanAnswer-4) Tajikistan
External Affairs Ministerof India (EAM) S Jaishankar & Tajikistan foreign minister Sirojiddin Muhriddin signed agreements on diplomatic training & program of cooperation.
i. Tajikistan foreign minister Sirojiddin Muhriddin who was on an official visit to India from 18 to 20 December 2021 to attend the 3rd meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue (18-19 December 2021).
- Which International Organization recently (in Dec’21) signed a Statement of Intent with NITI Aayog to promote Millet Production in India?
1) United Nation Development Programme
2) World Trade Organization
3) International Food Policy Research Institute
4) World Food Program
5) World Health OrganizationAnswer- 4) World Food Program
NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent with the United Nations (UN) World Food Program (WFP) for mainstreaming of millets & supporting India in knowledge exchange using the opportunity of 2023 as International Year of Millets.
i. The outcomes of the partnership between Niti Aayog & WFP will be achieved in 4 phases.
- Which company recently (in Dec’21) collaborated with Clove Dental to offer Dental Insurance?
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
2) Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance
3) Max Life Insurance
4) HDFC Life Insurance
5) Bharti AXA Life InsuranceAnswer-1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has collaborated with Clove Dental to offer dental insurance.
i. The offering will be covered under the OPD (Outpatient Department) benefit and will be available on a cashless basis to customers.
About ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited:
MD & CEO– Bhargav Dasgupta
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Bank Tops the Digital Payments for FY 2020-21 as per the data released by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology?
2) Canara Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Axis BankAnswer-4) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda (BoB) achieves top position in overall digital transactions among large banks for FY20-21.
i. It was felicitated by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) at the Digital Payments Utsav.
Note-BoB has been conferred with five DigiDhan awards for FY 2019-20 & 2020-21 in various categories.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
MD & CEO– Sanjiv Chadha
Headquarter– Vadodara, Gujarat
Amalgamated banks– Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the BWF’s Athletes Commission 2021-2025?
A) PV Sindhu Re-elected as Member of BWF’s Athletes’ Commission for 2nd term till 2025
B) Poul-Erik Høyer from Germany is the current chair of BWF’s Athletes’ Commission.
C) 6 members were appointed to the commission & PV Sindhu is the only member who stood for re-election.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
The Badminton World Federation (BWF)’s Athletes’ Commission chaired by Marc Zwiebler (Germany).
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
President– Poul-Erik Høyer
Headquarters– Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) acquired a minority stake in JSW Cement Limited for an investment of INR 100 crore through Compulsory Convertible Preference Shares (CCPS)?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Federal Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) ICICI Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-3) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) acquired a minority stake (less than 50 percent) in JSW Cement Limited for an investment of INR 100 crore through Compulsory Convertible Preference Shares (CCPS).
i. This amount will support the expansion of JSW Cement from taking its production from the current 14 MTPA (million tonnes per annum) to 25 MTPA.
- Name the Company that recently (in Dec’21) acquired a 4.93% equity share in Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) Limited.
1) Hindustan Petroleum
2) Indian Oil Corporation
3) Bharat Petroleum
4) Gail India
5) Oil and Natural Gas CorporationAnswer-2) Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) acquired a 4.93 percent equity share in Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) Limited.
i. The deal is for the acquisition of 36,93,750 equity shares with the face value of Rs.10 each that could equate to 4.93 percent of the share capital in IGX Limited.
ii. Indian Oil also announced an investment of Rs.9,028 crore for setting up a crude oil pipeline from Mundra to Panipat.
About Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL):
Chairman – Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
- Which State launched the T-shaped long bridge named ‘T-Setu’, over the Mahanadi river in December 2021?
3) West Bengal
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) BiharAnswer-2) Odisha
Naveen Patnaik, CM of Odisha inaugurated Odisha’s longest bridge, ‘T-Setu’, built over the Mahanadi river at Gopinathpur, Cuttack District, Odisha.
i. The bridge in the shape of the English alphabet ‘T’ was constructed at a cost of Rs 111 crore.
ii. The 3.4-km-long bridge connecting Gopinathpur in Badamba, Baideswar in Banki to Singhanath Pitha in Cuttack, will cut the distance between Badamba and Banki Baideshwar by almost 45 km.