AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs April 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 22 April 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, Union Cabinet gave approval for Amendments to Finance Bill, 2021 and the Exclusive subsidy policy for Urea produced through coal gasification by Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL).
Identify the points that are correctly related to the approvals:
A) 10-year Income tax exemption to the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID)
B) A new Agriculture Infrastructure and Development Cess (AIDC) on Hotel Bills
C) Allocation of Rs. 13, 277 Crore for Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL)
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & BAnswer-3) Only A & C
In April, 2021, the Union Cabinet gave approval to several key initiatives. They are:
i.Approval to Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase 2A & Phase 2B
ii.Approval for Amendments to Finance Bill, 2021
It provides a 10-year income tax exemption to the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID).
Introduction of new Agriculture Infrastructure and Development Cess (AIDC) on Petrol and Diesel (INR 2.5/litre on petrol and INR 4/litre on diesel).
iii.Approval for Exclusive subsidy policy for Urea produced through coal gasification by Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL).
The new subsidy policy costing INR 13, 277 Crore will be provided to Talcher Fertilizers Limited (TFL).
It is a Joint Venture company of 4 Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) namely Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers (RCF), GAIL (India) Ltd. (GAIL), Coal India Ltd. (CIL) and Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd. (FCIL)
- How many medical devices recently (in Apr’21) got licence extensions for 6-months from Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO)?
5) 8Answer-5) 8
Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) has extended the License Validity of 8 Medical Devices (listed under Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940) by additional 6 Months for manufacturers/importers.
All Implantable Medical Device, CT scan equipment, MRI equipment, Defibrillators, PET Equipment, Dialysis Machine, X-Ray Machine & Bone marrow cell separator.
- Which organisation signed an MoU (in Apr’21) with National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) for promoting sustainable development in Agriculture & allied sectors?
1) IIT Guwahati
2) University of Delhi
3) IIT Gandhinagar
4) Jawaharlal Nehru University
5) IIT KharagpurAnswer-5) IIT Kharagpur
On April 20, 2021, IIT Kharagpur and the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) signed an MoU to promote greater collaboration towards sustainable development in cooperatives, agriculture, and allied sectors. This is aimed at facilitating resources for Farmer Producer Organizations(FPO).
- Which ministry launched (in Apr’21) the awareness event on gender related interventions, ‘Gender Samvaad’?
1) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Women and Child Development
5) Ministry of Housing and Urban AffairsAnswer-2) Ministry of Rural Development
The event Gender Samvaad was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development’s Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) to create awareness about gender related interventions. The Event was launched as a part of the Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav.
- _________ is the only state in India to have a Uniform Civil Code which is one of the Directive Principles of State Policy under __________.
1) Punjab, Article 43A
2) Goa, Article 44
3) Goa, Article 43A
4) Sikkim, Article 42
5) Punjab, Article 44Answer-2) Goa, Article 44
Chief Justice of India S A Bobde, appreciated the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) of Goa, Goa is the only Indian State to have a UCC. The UCC calls for the formulation of one law for India, which would be applicable to all religious communities in matters such as marriage, divorce, inheritance, adoption.
In Indian Constitution, UCC is placed among the non-justiciable Directive Principles of State Policy – Article 44.
- Which is the 1st country to ratify the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)?
5) PakistanAnswer-3) Singapore
Singapore ratified the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), with this it became the 1st Participating country to ratify the RCEP, which is the World’s Largest Free Trade Agreement (FTA) among 15 Asia -Pacific countries.
RCEP is an initiative by China, while India had pulled out of the pact in 2019.
- Which is the 1st Cryptocurrency exchange in India to launch a report that provides exact information of the tradings made by Individuals to Indian Tax authority?
5) CoinmamaAnswer-1) Bitex
Bitex, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) based Cryptocurrency exchange, has announced its issuing of investment declaration reports for all its retail and institutional investors.
The report will contain information about what the investors have sold or bought, hence, it will act as proof of the exact money the investors made or lost while trading in cryptocurrencies to Indian Tax authorities.
- Which company partnered with Federal Bank to launch a Neo Banking app, “Fi” for the salaried millennials?
4) Google Pay
5) Amazon PayAnswer-4) Google Pay
Google Pay partnered with Federal Bank to launch a Neo Banking app, “Fi” for the salaried millennials.
About Federal Bank:
MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
- In April 2021, Padma Vibhushan awardee, Maidavolu Narasimham passed away. What was the Govt. position previously held by him?
1) Cabinet Secretary
2) Finance Minister
3) Chief Justice of India
4) RBI Governor
5) President of IndiaAnswer-4) RBI Governor
Former RBI Governor, Padma Vibhushan awardee, Maidavolu Narasimham passed away at Hyderabad due to Covid-19. He is known as “The Father of Banking sector reforms in India”.
He headed the committee that recommended the implementation of Securitisation and Reconstruction of financial assets and Enforcement of Security Interest(SARFAESI) act ,2002.
- Annually, National Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21st April, marking the birth anniversary of _______________.
1) Jawaharlal Nehru
2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
3) Subhas Chandra Bose
4) B. R. Ambedkar
5) Satyendranath TagoreAnswer-2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The National Civil Services Day is annually observed across India on 21st April to acknowledge and appreciate the contribution of the civil servants towards ensuring the seamless functioning of the public administration.
April 21 was chosen to commemorate the day on which Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of Independent India. He referred to the civil servants as the “Steel frame of India”.