AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 22 & 23 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In which state/UT, Prime Minister (PM), Narendra Modi has recently (in Oct ‘23) inaugurated India’s 1st Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister (PM), Narendra Modi inaugurated the 17 Kilometer (Km) priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor at Sahibabad RapidX Station in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
i. He also flagged off the ‘Namo Bharat’ RapidX train, connecting Sahibabad to Duhai Depot (UP), which marks India’s first RRTS. Additionally, 2 stretches of the east-west corridor of Bengaluru Metro were dedicated to the public.
ii. Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
The 17 Km priority section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut connects Sahibabad to Duhai Depot.
This route features essential stations at Ghaziabad, Guldhar, and Duhai in UP.
It is being developed at a cost of more than Rs 30,000 crore and aims to reduce the travel time between Delhi and Meerut to less than an hour.
Note: The entire 82.15 km RRTS corridor is projected to be fully operational by June 2025.
- In October 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras (PMGKVKs) in 34 rural districts of ____________ (state).
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Maharashtra
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras (PMGKVKs) established across 34 rural districts of Maharashtra through video conferencing.
i. These PMGKVKs will conduct skill development training programs across various sectors to provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
ii. Each Kendra will train about 100 youngsters in at least two vocational courses.
iii. The training will be provided by empanelled industry partners and agencies under the National Skill Development Council (NSDC).
- Which Department of the GoI has recently (in Oct ‘23) conducted a national level meeting on ‘Ghar-Ghar Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Abhiyaan’?
1) Department of Fisheries
2) Department of Health and Family Welfare
3) Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
4) Department of Commerce
5) Department of Empowerment of Persons with DisabilitiesAnswer-1) Department of Fisheries
The Department of Fisheries under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying (MoFAH&D) conducted a National level meeting on ‘Ghar-Ghar Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Abhiyaan’, which means ‘Door to Door KCC Campaign’ for fisheries on 19th October 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The ‘Ghar-Ghar KCC Abhiyaan’ initiative aims to ensure KCC Access for Fish Farmers including fishermen and fish vendors to achieve universal financial inclusion and to avail KCC facilities for all eligible fish farmers.
ii. Under the KCC Scheme, 1,59,903 new KKCs were issued for fish farmers with a credit worth of Rs 1746.16 Crore.
- In October 2023, Google partnered with the Fintech Association for Consumer _____________ (FACE) to take down illegal digital lending apps on Play Store in India.
5) EmpowermentAnswer-5) Empowerment
Google has partnered with the Fintech Association for Consumer Empowerment (FACE) to take down illegal digital lending apps on Play Store in India.
This partnership was announced during the 9th annual Google for India (2023) event held on 19th October 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
FACE is an industry association and self-regulatory organization for digital lenders.
i. Under this partnership, FACE will supply Google with market intelligence to identify and take action against non-compliant predatory personal loan apps in India that are non-compliant with Play Store’s policies.
ii. This collaboration supports Google’s safety initiative, DigiKavach, aimed at protecting people from online financial scams.
iii. Google Lens introduced Visual Skin Condition Search, allowing users to find visual matches for skin issues, after uploading photos.
- Name the Insurance company that has recently (in Oct ‘23) launched Optima Secure, a health insurance policy.
1) Star Health and Allied Insurance
2) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
4) Niva Bupa Health Insurance
5) Max Life InsuranceAnswer-3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance launched Optima Secure, a health insurance policy that offers four times the coverage at no extra cost. The policy covers medical expenses incurred within India and comes with an optional global health cover.
i. Health insurance is a financial arrangement that provides coverage for medical expenses and healthcare services.
ii. About Optima Secure:
Eligibility & Policy Option:
One can buy this policy until 65 years. Policy covers Insured Persons in the age group of 91 days and above.
Families and individuals can choose coverage from Rs 5 lakhs to RS 2 crore, with different options available.
This policy can be issued upto 3 years.
- Which bank has recently (in Oct ‘23) developed ‘XpressWay,’ a digital banking platform to offer a range of financial products and services?
1) Axis Bank
2) YES Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-3) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank has developed ‘XpressWay,’ a digital banking platform that offers a range of financial products and services, providing customers with a fast and convenient banking experience.
i. XpressWay provides a variety of services such as Xpress Personal Loans, Xpress Business Loans, Xpress Car Loans, Xpress Home Loans, Xpress Loan on Cards, Xpress Credit Card, and Xpress Savings Accounts.
ii. XpressWay is a part of HDFC Bank’s ‘NOW,‘ a brand that covers the bank’s digital products and services.
- Name the village of India that has recently (in Oct ‘23) featured in the 3rd edition of Best Tourism Villages 2023 list released by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
1) Bankhedi village, Madhya Pradesh
2) Gandikota village, Andhra Pradesh
3) Madla village, Maharashtra
4) Kumbalangi village, Kerala
5) Dhordo village, GujaratAnswer-5) Dhordo village, Gujarat
On October 19, 2023, the Dhordo village in Kutch district of Gujarat, India was named in the 3rd edition of Best Tourism Villages 2023 list released by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
i. While, Madla village from Madhya Pradesh’s Panna district has been picked for the UNWTO’s Best Tourism Villages Upgrade Programme
ii. The announcement was made during the UNWTO General Assembly in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
iii. About Best Tourism Villages Awards by UNWTO:
Launched in 2021, the Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO is part of the UNWTO Tourism for Rural Development Programme which fosters development and inclusion in rural areas, combat depopulation, advance innovation and value chain integration through tourism and sustainable practices.
The award recognizes outstanding rural tourism destinations with accredited cultural and natural assets.
Click Here for full list of Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO 2023
- Name the personality who will be conferred with the Harmony Foundation’s 19th Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice in November 2023.
1) Mana Shooshtari
2) Mohtaram Eskandari
3) Jina Mahsa Amini
4) Mahnaz Parakand
5) Narges MohammadiAnswer-5) Narges Mohammadi
Narges Mohammadi, Iranian women’s rights campaigner and the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, will be conferred with the Harmony Foundation’s Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2023.
i. The announcement was by Abraham Mathai, the founder-chairman of Harmony Foundation, a Mumbai(Maharashtra)-based Non-governmental Organisation NGO.
ii. The 19th Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice Award (2023) Ceremony is scheduled for November 26, 2023, in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
iii. Awards: In 2023, she was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, for her fight against the oppression of women in Iran and her fight to promote human rights and freedom for all.
In 2023, she was also awarded the Olof Palme Prize, the PEN/Barbey Freedom to Write Award, and the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize.
- Name the bank that has recently (in Oct ‘23) received approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire 100% of the issued and paid-up capital in Sonata Finance Private Limited (SFPL) for Rs 537 crore.
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) YES Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) got approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire 100% of the issued and paid up capital in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) based Sonata Finance Private Limited (SFPL) for Rs 537 crore.
i. Sonata Finance will act as a wholly-owned business correspondent (BC) subsidiary of KMB after the completion of the transaction.
ii. Sonata Finance, established in 2006, is a Microfinance company registered as Non-Banking Finance Company(NBFC)-Microfinance institutions(MFI) (Non-Deposit taking).
- When was the Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 20th October 2023
2) 18th October 2023
3) 21st October 2023
4) 19th October 2023
5) 17th October 2023Answer-3) 21st October 2023
Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDD) Prevention Day or World Iodine Deficiency Day 2023 was observed across the globe on 21st October 2023 to create awareness about the importance of Iodine, an essential micronutrient.
i. Iodine is a mineral that is found mainly in animal protein and sea vegetables and, to a lesser extent, in fortified foods like bread, cereals, and milk.
ii. Iodine is required to make the thyroid hormones thyroxine and triiodothyronine, which assist with the creation of proteins and enzyme activity, and regulate normal metabolism.
iii. The National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Programme (NIDDCP) is a government initiative launched in 1992 to address the widespread issue of iodine deficiency in India.
It is the extended version of the National Goitre Control Programme (NGCP) which was launched in 1962.