AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 & 23 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, Indian Navy’s INS Trikand participated in a Joint-Maritime Exercise- ‘Zair-Al-Bahr’ in the Persian Gulf with which country?
4) United Arab Emirates
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Qatar
The 2nd edition of Bilateral Maritime Exercise Zair-Al-Bahr (Roar of the Sea) 2021 between the Indian Navy and Qatar Emiri Naval Force was conducted in the Persian Gulf. Indian Navy Guided Missile Stealth Frigate INS (Indian Naval Ship) Trikand participated in the Exercise.
- Name the country that approved to provide the AK-103 series of assault rifles for the Indian Army in line with India’s Mega Infantry Modernisation Programme’.
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Russia
India finalized a deal with Russia for the procurement of a sizable number of ~ 6 lakh AK-103 series of assault rifles for the Indian Army under the ‘Mega Infantry Modernisation Programme’ by the Indian Army for the replacement of its ageing and obsolete weapons.
i. These will be manufactured by the Indo-Russia Rifles Pvt. Ltd.
- Identify the Tribe that celebrates ‘Wanchuwa Festival’ – a harvest festival in Assam (in Aug’21).
1) Gonds Tribes
2) Tiwa Tribes
3) Bhils Tribes
4) Garo Tribes
5) Munda Tribes
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Tiwa Tribes
The Tiwa tribal community celebrated the Wanchuwa festival 2021 in Assam. This festival is related to agriculture as it marks a good harvest and also involves prayers for protection from pests and natural calamities.
- In August 2021, Assam Electronics Development Corporation Limited (AMTRON) signed an MoU with an Israeli company to set up a Centre of Excellence in which field?
3) Artificial Intelligence
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Artificial Intelligence
Assam Electronics Development Corporation Limited (AMTRON) has signed an MoU with Corsight AI, Israel based Software company to set up a Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre of Excellence at Tech city in Guwahati, Assam.
- In August 2021, __________(Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2021 got assent of the President Ramnath Kovind, which removes Section 10B, thereby eliminating the need to maintain a minimum ______________ shareholding of central government.
1) Health Insurance Business; 74%
2) Health Insurance Business; 51%
3) Health Insurance Business; 26%
4) General Insurance Business; 51%
5) General Insurance Business; 74%
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) General Insurance Business; 51%
General Insurance Business(Nationalisation) Amendment 2021 got assent of the President Ramnath Kovind to nationalise all private companies undertaking general insurance business in India.
i. It removed the provision to section 10B of the act; it said to omit the minimum 51% shareholding of central government in specified insurers.
- In August 2021, ____________company launched India’s largest Floating Solar Photovoltaic Project on the reservoir of its ‘Simhadri Thermal Power Station’ in ___________.
1) Tata Power; Andhra Pradesh
2) Tata Power; Assam
3) NTPC; Assam
4) NTPC; Andhra Pradesh
5) NHPC; Odisha
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) NTPC; Andhra Pradesh
NTPC Ltd launched India’s largest Floating Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Project with the capacity of 25MW on the reservoir of its Simhadri Thermal Power Station in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
About NTPC Ltd:
Headquarters – New Delhi
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
- Which State Government renamed the movement in the history of India’s freedom struggle, the ‘Kakori Kand’ to ‘Kakori Train action’?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
The UP government renamed the movement in the history of India’s freedom struggle, the ‘Kakori Kand’ to ‘Kakori Train action’ as the word ‘Kand’ denotes a sense of humiliation to ‘kand’ means ‘conspiracy’.
i. It celebrated the anniversary of the ‘Kakori Train action’ under the program ‘Chauri Chaura Mahotsav’, which is going to complete 100 years in 2022.
- Who became (in Aug ’21) the 1st Indian to posthumously receive USA’s Highest Civilian Award – ‘Congressional Gold Medal’?
1) Jawahar Lal Nehru
2) Mahatma Gandhi
3) B. R. Ambedkar
4) Mother Teresa
5) Indira Gandhi
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi, the first Indian to posthumously receive the Congressional Gold Medal, highest civilian award in the United States for his immense contribution to promote peace and non-violence.
- What is the theme of 2021’s International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism that is annually observed by the UN on 21st August?
2) ‘End Inequalities’
3) ‘Protect everyone’
4) ‘Not Forgotten’
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) ‘Connections’
UN’s International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism was observed across the globe on 21st August 2021 with the theme ‘Connections’.
- Which one of the following is the correct statement regarding increase in the CRR in India?
1) It reduces credit creation
2) It increases credit creation
3) It does not affect credit
4) It is same throughout its inception
5) All the Above
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) It reduces credit creation
When CRR is increased, then the banks would not have more money at their disposal to sanction loans. So When CRR is increased, it reduces credit creation.