AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 21 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which ministry has recently (in Sept ‘23) inaugurated ‘Udaan Bhawan,’ an Integrated Office Complex and an e-wallet (Bharatkosh Advance Deposit) facility?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Finance
3) Ministry of Civil Aviation
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Corporate AffairsAnswer-3) Ministry of Civil Aviation
On 18th September 2023, Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA), inaugurated ‘Udaan Bhawan,’ an Integrated Office Complex at Safdarjung Airport in Delhi and an e-wallet (Bharatkosh Advance Deposit) facility for MoCA.
i. The Udaan Bhawan, the New Integrated Office would allow all organisations to work together under the same roof and this would lead to better coordination between various regulatory authorities under MoCA such as DGCA, BCAS, AAIB, AERA, and AAI.
ii. The New Integrated Office Complex has G+3 levels constructed above ground and the rest 3 as basement levels and can accommodate 1270 officials.
iii. The total built-up area of the building is 71257 square meters (Sqm), built at a cost of Rs. 374.98 crore.
iv. The e-wallet will be particularly useful for processing fees for various regulatory approvals in the Bharat Kosh portal.
- Which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an MoU with United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to improve food security, nutrition, climate resilience, and livelihoods in India?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Kharagpur
4) IIT Madras
5) IIT BombayAnswer-5) IIT Bombay
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB) in Mumbai( Maharashtra) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to improve food security, nutrition, climate resilience, and livelihoods in India.
i. Purpose of MoU:
• To Establish a comprehensive knowledge management system to identify, analyze, and generate evidence related to food and nutrition security.
• To Develop an ecosystem for technology and innovations to support government food safety net programs.
• To Create real-time monitoring systems and dashboards using administrative data sets to generate actionable evidence on food and nutrition security.
- The ___________ Edition of the Indian Navy’s Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation(NIIO) Seminar ‘Swavlamban 2023’ is scheduled to be held in October, 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
5) 1stAnswer-3) 2nd
The 2nd Edition of the Indian Navy’s Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) Seminar ‘Swavlamban 2023’ is scheduled to be held on October 4-5, 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
i. The seminar will showcase 75 prototypes of indigenous technologies/products developed by start-ups under the ‘SPRINT Challenges’ initiative.
ii. SPRINT is a collaborative initiative between the Indian Navy, Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO), Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX), NIIO, and Technology Development Acceleration Cell (TDAC).
Note: The 1st edition of the seminar was held in July 2022 in New Delhi, Delhi. Prime Minister Modi launched 75 challenges for the start-ups/ MSMEs as a part of the ‘SPRINT’ initiative.
- Which of the following organisations has recently (in Sept ‘23) prepared the “Global Trends in Child Monetary Poverty According to International Poverty Lines” report with the key finding that children accounted for 52.5% of the total extreme poor population in the world?
1) World Bank Group
2) United Nations Children’s Fund
3) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer- 4) Both 1 & 2
According to the report “Global Trends in Child Monetary Poverty According to International Poverty Lines” prepared by the World Bank Group and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), in 2022, children accounted for 52.5% of the total extreme poor population in the world i.e., every 2nd extreme poor person in the world is a child.
• About 11.5 %(52 million) of Indian children live in extremely poor households.
• This was the third report by the World Bank and UNICEF, including their two reports in 2016 and 2020.
• The report presented estimated trends in child poverty from 2013 to 2022, based on three international poverty lines: USD 2.15 (extreme poverty), USD 3.65 (lower middle income), and USD 6.85 (upper middle income).
• The report was based on the new global poverty line adopted in September 2022, with the World Bank updating data on its Poverty and Inequality Platform.
- Which bank has recently (in Sept ‘23) signed an MoU with Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) to promote and facilitate co-lending and loan syndication for renewable energy projects?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Bank of India
3) Bank of Maharashtra
4) Union Bank of India
5) Canara BankAnswer-3) Bank of Maharashtra
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has signed a significant Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) to promote and facilitate co-lending and loan syndication for renewable energy projects nationwide.
• Under this agreement, Bank of Maharashtra can invest in the Bonds issued by IREDA (in accordance with the specified terms and conditions of the offering).
• The MoU was signed in the presence of Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of IREDA.
• IREDA, a Mini Ratna (Category – I) Government of India enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- Name the insurance company that has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched a new fund offering (NFO) Emerging Equity Fund for long-term capital appreciation.
1) Exide Life Insurance
2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
3) HDFC Life Insurance
4) SBI Life Insurance
5) Max Life InsuranceAnswer-2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Bharti AXA Life Insurance launched its new fund offering (NFO) called Bharti AXA Life Emerging Equity Fund. This is Bharti AXa’s first mid-cap fund launched with an aim to provide long-term capital appreciation through investing in a portfolio of mid-cap companies.
i. Bharti AXA Life Insurance launched a mid-cap fund after 13 years; The last launch of mid-cap fund was in 2010.
ii. Investors can invest in Bharti AXA Life’s Emerging Equity Fund through three of Bharti AXA Life’s Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP):
• Bharti AXA Life Wealth Pro
• Bharti AXA Life Grow Wealth
• Bharti AXA Life Wealth Maximizer
iii. NFO is the first subscription offering for any fund being launched by an investment company & during an NFO, investors can purchase units of the mutual fund scheme at the face value, which is typically set at a fixed price usually of Rs. 10 per unit.
- Which bank has recently (in Sept ‘23) introduced a digital facility for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to effortlessly open Non-Residential External (NRE) and Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) accounts?
1) State Bank of India
2) Bank of India
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Indian BankAnswer-1) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) has introduced a digital facility for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to effortlessly open Non-Residential External (NRE) and Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) accounts (both savings and current accounts) through SBI’s mobile app YONO.
i. This service is designed for New to Bank (NTB) customers as a one-stop solution for NRI banking needs to provide them with a simplified, efficient, and accurate account opening process.
ii. An NRE account is opened in India in the name of an NRI for his/her foreign earnings, while an NRO account is for managing income earned in India, such as rent, dividend, pension, and interest.
iii. As of June 2023, the bank has a deposit base of over Rs. 45.31 lakh crore with a CASA (Current Account and Savings Account) ratio of 42.88% and advances of more than Rs. 33 lakh crores.
- In September 2023, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved re-appointment of Sashidhar Jagdishan as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of __________ (Bank) for a period of 3 years.
1) State Bank of India
2) YES Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-5) HDFC Bank
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved re-appointment of Sashidhar Jagdishan as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HDFC Bank Limited for a period of 3 years with effect from 27th October 2023 to 26th October 2026.
i. He has been MD and CEO of the Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank since October 2020, after he took charge from Aditya Puri(the bank’s longest serving CEO (26 years- since September 1994).
ii. Sashidhar Jagdishan joined HDFC Bank in 1996 as a Manager in the Finance function and became Business Head of finance in 1999. He was appointed as Chief Financial Officer in 2008.
- Who has been recently (in Sept ‘23) elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the term 2023-2024?
1) Girish Agarwal
2) Prasanth Kumar
3) Srinivasan K. Swamy
4) Shailesh Gupta
5) Mohit JainAnswer-3) Srinivasan K. Swamy
Srinivasan K. Swamy, Executive Chairman of R.K. Swamy Hansa Group, has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the term 2023-2024. He replaced Pratap Pawar who served as Chairman for the term 2022-23.
• Srinivasan K. Swamy was the Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for the year 2022-2023.
• He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Advertising Agencies Association of India(AAAI) in 2016.
• He is currently serving as Chairperson of Asian Federation of Advertising Association.
i. Riyad Mathew, Chief Associate Editor and Director of Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd representing publisher members on the council, has been elected as the Deputy Chairman of ABC for 2023-2024.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Sept ‘23) won the Formula 1 (F1) Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2023.
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Lando Norris
3) Carlos Sainz Jr.
4) Fernando Alonso
5) Charles LeclercAnswer-3) Carlos Sainz Jr.
Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz Vázquez de Castro (Carlos Sainz Jr.) of Spain won the Formula 1 (F1) Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2023 held in Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore.
• McLaren driver Lando Norris of the United Kingdom(UK) finished second while Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of UK finished third position.
• Max Verstappen’s fifth position in the race, put an end to his 10 consecutive F1 Wins.
• So far Max Verstappen has won 12 F1 Grand Prix in 2023 and still leads the season’s championship.
i. The 14th edition of the F1 Singapore Grand Prix was held from 15th to 17th September 2023 and Singapore Grand Prix 2023 was the 15th round of the 2023 Formula One (F1) World Championship.