AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country participated with India in the 15th edition of ‘Surya Kiran’ Military Exercise at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-3) Nepal
India-Nepal Joint Military Training exercise ‘Surya Kiran’ commenced on September 20, 2021 in the Himalayan border town of Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand in India. The Indian Army is represented by the Garhwal Regiment.
- In September 2021, the Ministry of Communications honoured __________ with a commemorative Postage Stamp on his 515th birth anniversary.
2) Shivaji Bhonsle
3) Mananiya Chaman Lal
4) Rao Jaimal Rathore
5) Raja Raja Chola IAnswer-4) Rao Jaimal Rathore
Devusinh Chauhan, Union Minister of State (MoS), Ministry of Communications launched a commemorative postal stamp to honour Rao Jaimal Rathore on his 515th birth anniversary.
- As per the report titled ‘Global Trade Outlook’ given by UK’s Department of International Trade, India will become 4th largest importer by _________ & subsequently __________ largest importer by 2050.
1) 2030; 2nd
2) 2030; 3rd
3) 2040; 2nd
4) 2040; 3rd
5) 2024; 2ndAnswer-2) 2030; 3rd
According to a report ‘Global Trade Outlook’ by UK’s Department of International Trade, India is going to become the world’s 3rd largest importer by 2050 with a 5.9% share of global imports, following China and the US.
i. The country will jump to the 4th position by 2030 with a 3.9% share.
- Which Bank recently (in Sept’ 21) announced to partner with ‘Paytm’ for launching co-branded credit cards?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-1) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank announced partnership with Paytm to launch a range of co-branded credit cards powered by Visa. This targets deeper penetration in India’s Tier-II & Tier-III markets, enabling faster adaptation to digital payment.
About HDFC Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the Ambassador for Global Health Financing of the World Health Organization?
1) Theresa May
2) David Cameron
3) Gordon Brown
4) Dr Zsuzsanna Jakab
5) Tedros Adhanom GhebreyesusAnswer-3) Gordon Brown
The former British PM Gordon Brown was appointed as Ambassador for Global Health Financing of World Health Organization (WHO).
About World Health Organization (WHO):
Founded- 7 April 1948
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Director General- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of the Water Conservation Campaign in Haryana?
1) Narain Karthikeyan
2) Neeraj Chopra
3) MS Dhoni
4) Vandana Katariya
5) Manika SheokandAnswer-5) Manika Sheokand
Haryana government appointed Femina Miss Grand India 2020, Manika Sheokand as the Goodwill Ambassador of Water Conservation Campaign.
- Charanjit Singh Channi recently (in Sept’ 21) became the 16th Chief Minister of which state?
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-3) Punjab
Charanjit Singh Channi took the oath as the 16th CM of Punjab. He has succeeded the previous CM Captain Amarinder Singh. He has become the first Dalit Chief Minister of Punjab.
Governor- Banwarilal Purohit
- When is the ‘International Equal Pay Day’ annually observed by the UN as an effort to eliminate the gender pay gap in employment?
1) 16th September
2) 17th September
3) 18th September
4) 19th September
5) 20th SeptemberAnswer-3) 18th September
UN’s International Equal Pay Day is annually observed across the globe on 18th September as an effort to eliminate the gender pay gap and to overcome the sexual discrimination against women and girls in employment.
- Which State recently (in Sept’ 21) declared ‘Copper Mahseer’, locally named ‘Katley’, as its state fish?
2) West Bengal
5) MizoramAnswer-3) Sikkim
Sikkim declared ‘Copper Mahseer’ locally named ‘Katley’ as the State fish. The scientific name of the fish is Neolissochilus hexagonolepis. The fish is predominantly found in Teesta and Rangit rivers and their tributaries.
- How many Banking Ombudsman regional offices are there in India (as of Sept’ 21)?
5) 24Answer-4) 22
Banking Ombudsman is a senior official appointed by RBI. He handles & redresses customer complaints against deficiency in certain banking services.
i. Currently, 22 Banking Ombudsman regional offices are there in India.