AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 21 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the cabinet approval on 18th October 2023?
A) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a project on Green Energy Corridor (GEC) Phase-II – Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS) for the 13 GW renewable energy project in Ladakh.
B) The Union Cabinet has granted approval for an increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for all mandated Rabi crops in the Marketing Season 2024–25, including the highest increase for Wheat, about 4.1% at Rs. 425 per quintal.
C) The Union Cabinet has approved a total Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) payout of Rs 1968.87 crore to 11.07 Lakh railway employees.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer- 4) Only A & C
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals on 18 October, 2023:
Information & Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur announced that the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a project on Green Energy Corridor (GEC) Phase-II – Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS) for the 13 GW renewable energy project in Ladakh.
· Scheduled completion by FY 2029-30.
· Estimated total cost: Rs. 20,773.70 crore.
The Union Cabinet has granted approval for an increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for all mandated Rabi Crops in the Marketing Season 2024-25.
· The highest increase in MSP has been sanctioned for lentils (masur) about 7.1% at Rs. 425 per quintal.
· This adjustment in MSP is consistent with the Union Budget 2018-19 announcement, which aimed to set the MSP at a level of at least 1.5 times the All-India weighted average Cost of Production.
The Union Cabinet has granted a Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 days’ worth of wages for the financial year 2022-2023. The Government has approved a total PLB payout of Rs 1968.87 crore to benefit 11,07,346 (11.07 Lakh ) railway employees.
· Railway’s performance in FY23 was marked by a record cargo load of 1509 million tonnes and the transportation of nearly 6.5 billion passengers.
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to release an additional installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) for pensioners, w.e.f. July 1, 2023.
· This installment reflects a 4% increase over the existing rate. With this, the DA will be increased from 42% to 46% of Basic Pay or Pension. This increase aligns with the established formula based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Name the company that has recently (in Oct ‘23) partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to introduce the option of Equated Monthly Instalment(EMI) on RuPay credit cards.
1) Razorpay Software Private Limited
2) Amazon Pay India Private Limited
3) Cashfree Payments Limited
4) PhonePe Private Limited
5) BharatPe LimitedAnswer-2) Amazon Pay India Private Limited
Amazon Pay India Private Limited (APIPL) in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced the option of Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) on RuPay credit cards in Amazon Pay.
The service will be available across eight prominent issuing banks.
i. The Great Indian Festival was announced on Amazon.in from 08th October 2023 to 15th October 2023 with the theme of ‘Dibbe khulenge, khulegi khushiyaan’ which means ‘unboxing happiness’.
ii. EMI payments in Amazon.in are facilitated by Amazon Seller Services Private Limited (ASSPL) & no Cost EMI facility is funded by participating sellers and brands.
- Who, along with the Iranian women protest movement has recently (in Oct ‘23) named as the winners of Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought 2023 (Sakharov Prize) by Roberta Metsola, President of European Parliament?
1) Mana Shooshtari
2) Mohtaram Eskandari
3) Jina Mahsa Amini
4) Mahnaz Parakand
5) Narges MohammadiAnswer-3) Jina Mahsa Amini
On October 19, 2023, Roberta Metsola, President of European Parliament named Jina Mahsa Amini and Iranian women protest movement as the winners of Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought 2023 (Sakharov Prize), the European Union’s (EU) top human rights prize.
The prize will be given at a ceremony in the European Parliament’s hemicycle in Strasbourg, France on December 13, 2023.
Jina Mahsa Amini, the 22-year-old Kurdish Iranian woman, was arrested for allegedly violating Iran’s mandatory hijab (headscarf ) law in September 2022. She died 3 days after arrest.
The women are protesting under the slogan ‘Woman, Life, Freedom’ i.e. Iranian Women Protest Movement against the hijab law and other discriminatory laws.
i. The Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought was established in 1988 by the European Parliament, honors individuals and groups defending human rights.
The award is named after Soviet physicist and political dissident and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Andrei Sakharov.
- According to ‘The On-Time Performance Monthly Reports – Airports for September 2023’ released by the Cirium in October 2023, which Indian airport has been recognised as the world’s most punctual Airport for the past 3 consecutive months (July, August, and September 2023)?
1) Indira Gandhi International Airport
2) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
3) Chennai International Airport
4) Kempegowda International Airport
5) Sardar VallabhBhai Patel International AirportAnswer-4) Kempegowda International Airport
According to ‘The On-Time Performance Monthly Reports – Airports for September 2023’ published by aviation analytics firm Cirium, Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru (Karnataka) has secured the top position as the world’s most punctual Airport for the past 3 consecutive months(July, August, and September 2023).
i. KIA maintained an on-time departure experience for passengers, with 87.51% punctuality in July, 89.66% in August, and 88.51% in September.
ii. As per the report, on-time departure ranking measures the percentage of flights that departed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
- In October 2023, Droupadi Murmu, President of India, appointed Raghubar Das as the 26th Governor of __________ (state) and IndraSena Reddy Nallu as __________ Governor of Tripura.
1) Telangana; 24th
2) Jharkhand; 20th
3) Odisha; 23rd
4) Jharkhand; 24th
5) Odisha; 20thAnswer-5) Odisha; 20th
Droupadi Murmu, President of India, has appointed former Chief Minister(CM) of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das (68 years old), as the 26th Governor of Odisha and Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader IndraSena Reddy Nallu(73) as 20th Governor of Tripura with effect from the date they assume charge.
i. Raghubar Das will succeed Ganeshi Lal who has been serving as the Governor of Odisha since 2018.
ii. Indra Sena Reddy Nallu will succeed Satyadeo Narain Arya who has been serving as the Governor of Tripura since 2021.
Note: Raghubar Das is currently serving as the national vice-president of the BJP. He also served as the 6th Chief Minister of Jharkhand from 2014 to 2019.
- Padma Shri Awardee Arul Thiru Bangaru Adigalar, a Spiritual Leader and the founder of Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Siddhar Peedam, passed away in October 2023.
In which year did he receive the Padma Shri Award in the field of Others-Spiritualism?
5) 2020Answer-3) 2019
Padma Shri Awardee Arul Thiru Bangaru Adigalar, a Spiritual Leader and the founder of Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Siddhar Peedam in Kancheepuram district (Tamil Nadu (TN)) passed away at the age of 82 in Melmaruvathur, TN.
i. He was conferred with Padma Shri in 2019 for his spiritual services (Others-Spiritualism) to the society.
ii. G. Subramaniam, known as Bangaru Adigal, lovingly known as ‘Amma’ (mother) by his followers in Adhiparasakthi Siddhar Peedam (referred to as Red-Clad Movement), is renowned for leading significant reforms in spiritual practices.
- When was the National Solidarity Day 2023 observed across India?
1) 18th October 2023
2) 20th October 2023
3) 17th October 2023
4) 19th October 2023
5) 16th October 2023Answer-2) 20th October 2023
National Solidarity Day is annually observed across India on 20 October to honour, respect, and promote the bravery and strength of the Indian armed forces.
20th October 2023 marks the 61st anniversary of the India-China war.
i. The day is dedicated to mark the national integrity displayed by India during the 1962 conflict with China(Indo-China War)
ii. The day also pays tribute to all the brave souls who lost their lives during the Sino-Indian War which started on 20th October 1962 and ended on 21 November 1962.
- The _________ International Chefs Day observed across the globe on 20th October 2023.
5) 16thAnswer-2) 20th
The 20th International Chefs Day was observed across the globe on 20th October 2023 to celebrate the Culinary arts and to educate the people about the significance of culinary professionals (Chefs).
i. The campaign of International Chefs Day 2023 is Growing Great Chefs. It was announced by Nestlé Professional and Worldchefs.
ii. The day also aims to educate kids around the world about the importance of healthy eating. The day is observed by the World Association of Chefs’ Societies (Worldchefs).
- Name the state government that has recently (in Oct ‘23) approved the constitution of the Special Tiger Protection Force (STPF).
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-1) Arunachal Pradesh
The Arunachal Pradesh (AR) Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister(CM) Pema Khandu approved the constitution of the Special Tiger Protection Force (STPF) in three Tiger Reserves of AR namely, Namdapha, Pakke, and Kamlang.
i. The STPF is constituted as per the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA). This decision will result in the creation of 336 regular posts in Arunachal Pradesh.
ii. STPF is a specialized force tailored to the needs of tiger reserves, comprising one company of 112 personnel each for 3 tiger reserves. Each company is subdivided into 3 platoons and 18 sections.
iii. The Cabinet also approved the Amendment of AR State Industrial and Investment Policy 2020 and the framing of AR Home Guard Rules 2023 along with others.
- Which state’s 1st Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Lab has recently (in Oct ‘23) inaugurated by S Krishnan, Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under the Future Skill PRIME?
1) West Bengal
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
On 16th October 2023, S Krishnan, Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), inaugurated the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Lab in National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
i. This First-of-its-kind lab in UP was built under the Future Skill PRIME Project funded by MeitY to bridge the gap between Industry and Academia.
ii. The lab was inaugurated during the 26th All India Director’s Meet of NIELIT. The meet witnessed the participation of Directors from 49 NIELIT Centres across India.
iii. Objective: To upskill/reskill manpower in emerging technology of RPA.