AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Financial institute which set to launch a special train ‘Swavalamban Express’ to empower budding entrepreneurs under mission Swavalamban.
1) Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Housing Bank (NHB)
4) Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI)
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)Answer-2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), a development financial institution in India, engaged in the promotion, financing and development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), has decided to launch a special train ‘Swavalamban Express’ on June 05, 2020 to empower budding entrepreneurs under its mission Swavalamban.
- Which Indian state government has launched the Police Station Visitor Survey System and e-Night Beat Checking System (March 2020)?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-5) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister (CM) Jai Ram Thakur launched Police Station Visitor Survey System and e-Night Beat Checking System for Himachal police in Shimla. These systems help the Police Department to provide an immediate response to the complaints registered in the police stations.
- Name the State which announced to call Sanitary Personal in the state to be called as ‘Cleanliness Workers’.
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu
According to the Tamil Nadu (TN) Chief Minister (CM), Karuppa Gounder Palanisamy (known as Edappadi K. Palaniswami), a total of 64,583 sanitary personnel employed by urban and rural civic bodies in the State will be called as” cleanliness workers” (Thooimai paniyalargal in Tamil) to honour their work.
- Name the Indian state which has released fund allocation of Rs. 2.5 Crore for MOTHER programme (in its budget).
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-1) Meghalaya
Meghalaya’s Chief Minister (CM) & Finance minister Conrad Kongkal(K) Sangma presented a Rs 17,375 crore budget for the Financial Year (FY)2020-21 in the state assembly with the fiscal deficit of Rs 1,532 crore which is around 3.53 % of the Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP). Health and Family Welfare sector proposed Rs 2.5 crore for Meghalaya’s Outcome Oriented Transformation in Heath, Education and Rural Development (MOTHER) programme.
- Fitch Rating in its Global Economic Outlook 2020, lowered India’s growth forecast for the Financial Year 2021 to ______.
5) 5.6%Answer-3) 5.1%
Fitch Ratings in its Global Economic Outlook 2020 has declined India’s growth forecast to 5.1% for FY 2020-21 due to the coronavirus outbreak which is likely to impact business investment and exports. For FY 2021-22, Fitch has projected India’s growth at 6.4%.
- Find the non-life insurance company which introduced 1-yr long ‘COVID-19 Protection cover’ for COVID positive cases for the age group of 18-75yrs.
1) Bharati AXA
2) Apollo Munich
3) Bajaj Allianz
4) Cholamandalam MS
5) ICICI LombardAnswer-5) ICICI Lombard
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Lombard, a private sector non-life insurance company has introduced a 1 year long “COVID-19 Protection Cover” at a premium of Rs. 149. Launched in group insurance mode, this policy will pay 100% of the sum insured to the COVID-19 positive individual, irrespective of hospitalization expenses. The age group of 18-75 years is eligible for COVID-19 protection cover.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Additional Directors in Yes Bank board by RBI for the period of 2yrs with effect from March 26, 2020.
1) Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
2) Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
3) Dinabandhu Mohapatra
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
In the exercise of powers under the ‘Yes Bank Ltd. Reconstruction Scheme, 2020’ and the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed 2 additional directors namely – Rama Subramaniam Gandhi (former RBI Deputy Governor) & Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan (Associate Professor of S P Jain Institute of Management & Research) on the board of private sector lender Yes Bank for a period of 2- years with effect from March 26,2020.
- Name the 1st Indian who climbs highest Volcanoes of all the 7 continents and entered into ‘Limca Book of Records’.
1) Satyarup Siddhanta
2) Arunima Sinha
3) Mohan Singh Gunjyal
4) Malavath Purna
5) Bachendri PalAnswer-1) Satyarup Siddhanta
Indian mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta hails from Kolkata, West Bengal, 37 years old, entered ‘Limca Book of Records’ (LBR) for his extraordinary achievements, as the first Indian to climb the highest volcanoes of each of the 7 continents. He also holds the record as the youngest mountaineer in the world to climb both 7 peaks and 7 volcanic summits.
- The PM Modi has declared the formulation of COVID-19 Economic task force to tackle economic challenges arise during COVID-19 outbreak. Who heads the task force?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Giriraj Singh
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Hardeep Singh PuriAnswer-4) Nirmala Sitharaman
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has declared the formulation of COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force, to be led by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Its objective is to tackle the economic challenges arising out of novel coronavirus outbreak. In this regard, Sitharaman held a meeting with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Minister Nitin Gadkari, Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel to assess the situation.
- J&K government has set up a commission named “J&K Socially and Educationally Backward Classes Commission”. Who heads the commission?
1) Justice Vikramajit Sen
2) Justice G Rohini
3) Justice Sanjiv Khanna
4) Justice G D Sharma
5) Justice Leila SethAnswer-4) Justice G D Sharma
The Jammu and Kashmir Government sets up a commission named as “J&K Socially and Educationally Backward Classes Commission” will be headed by Justice (retired) G D Sharma to examine the social and educational backwardness of various backward classes people, dalits, in the Union Territory.
- The Finance Commission has set up 8-member finance committee to review fiscal consolidation road map of central & state government. Name the person who heads the committee.
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Rajnath singh
3) Anirudh Tiwari
4) Nand Kishore Singh
5) Amit ShahAnswer-4) Nand Kishore Singh
An 8-member committee is set up by Finance Commission (FC) to review the fiscal consolidation road map of state & central governments. The committee is headed by 15th Finance Commission Chairman Nand Kishore Singh.
- With which country’s company, India signs contract worth Rs. 880 crores for the procurement of 16,479 Negev 7.62X51mm Light Machine Gun (LMG) under Fast track procedure (FTP).
5) United StatesAnswer-3) Israel
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has given his approval to the Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence for a capital acquisition contract with Israel Weapons Industries (IWI), an Israeli firearms manufacturer. The contract enables the procurement of 16,479 Negev 7.62X51 mm Light Machine Gun (LMG) at a cost of Rs 880 crore. The weapons are procured under the Fast Track Procedure (FTP).
- In which platform, the Government has launched the ‘MyGov Corona Helpdesk’ to create awareness among citizens about COVID-19 pandemic?
5) FacebookAnswer-3) Whatsapp
The government launched MyGov Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp to create awareness among citizens about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The official Whatsapp chatbot can also be used to resolve queries in relation to COVID-19 using the number 9013151515.
- Name the platform which launched campaign named ‘Do the Five. Help stop Coronavirus’ that lists out the five things people should follow to prevent coronavirus.
5) RediffAnswer-1) Google
Google has initiated a campaign named ‘Do the Five. Help stop Coronavirus’ in its search home page that lists out the five things people should follow to prevent coronavirus & also issued Push Notifications on the Google App for Android & iPhone Operating System (iOS) users in India.
- Name the person who Authored the book ‘Messiah Modi: A tale of Great expectations’?
1) Andy Marino
2) Prabhat Prakashan
3) Shashi Tharoor
4) Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay
5) Tavleen SinghAnswer-5) Tavleen Singh
A new book entitled ‘Messiah Modi: A Tale of Great Expectations’ written by senior journalist & author Tavleen Singh has been released. The book, published by HarperCollins India, narrates the early support for Modi the candidate by the author, once a great supporter of the government.
- West Bengal’s Pradip Kumar Banerjee who passed away recently was associated with which sports?
5) CricketAnswer-2) Football
Indian football player Pradip Kumar Banerjee passed away at the age of 83 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was born on June 23, 1936, in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. Banerjee led India in the 1960 Rome Olympics and represented India in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.
- The Theme for World sparrow day is ‘I LOVE Sparrows’, The World Sparrow day is celebrated annually on?
1) April 5
2) July 16
3) March 20
4) January 22
5) September 12Answer-3) March 20
World Sparrow Day (2020) is observed every year on March 20 and was first celebrated in 2010 initiated by the Nature Forever Society (NFS). This day is celebrated globally to spread awareness about the importance of sparrows and their major functional conservation values. The theme of the World Sparrow Day is I LOVE Sparrows. The theme aims to highlight the love that people have for sparrows. This day is also celebrated to use it as a platform for conserving sparrows and urban biodiversity. House sparrow was declared the state bird of Delhi in 2012.
- The ‘International Day of Happiness’ is celebrated annually on March 20. What is the theme for International Day of Happiness 2020?
1) Theme: ‘Let the Earth be Happy’
2) Theme: ‘Keep Cal make others Happy’
3) Theme: ‘Happiness For All Togther’
4) Theme: ‘Keep Calm’
5) Theme: ‘Happiness For All, For Ever’Answer-3) Theme: ‘Happiness For All Togther’
On March 20th of every year the “International Day of Happiness” is celebrated worldwide. The day creates awareness of the importance of happiness in everyone’s life around the world. Theme of the year 2020: “Happiness For All Together”. The theme also conveys to promote and advance worldwide solidarity & unity, in winning the global fight against COVID 19 (Coronavirus disease).
- When was ‘World Day of Theatre for children and young people’ celebrated annually?
1) April 13
2) May 18
3) February 15
4) December 31
5) March 20Answer-5) March 20
March 20, 2020 is celebrated as the world day of theatre for children and Young People. It is an ASSITEJ, the International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People campaign & celebrates the performing arts for children & young people worldwide. The main purpose of the day is to draw the attention of the wider public to children’s and young people’s theatre. For children, it is promoted & celebrated through the slogan ‘Take a Child to the Theatre Today’ which is a call to parents, grandparents & guardians to take the children in their care to the theatre on the day.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The foundation day of Ordnance Factories is celebrated on? Answer-March 18
- Under which article of Indian constitution the Finance Commission is formed by President of India? Answer-Article 280
- Where is the Headquarters of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) located at? Answer-Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the present Governor of Himachal Pradesh (March 2020)? Answer-Bandaru Dattatreya
- Mukurthi National Park is in which Indian state? Answer-Tamil Nadu