AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian railways planned to launch the 1st set of private trains by which year?
In accordance with the initial timeline drawn by the railways, it has planned to roll out 151 private train services by 2027 on 109 pairs of routes across the country. In this regard, Indian Railways is ready to introduce 12 trains in 2022-23, 45 in 2023-2024, 50 in 2025-26 and 44 more in the 2026-27, taking the total number of trains to 151 by the end of FY 2026-2027. There would be Rs 30,000 crore private sector investment in this project.
- Name the first state in India which started to use drones to inspect power lines and transmission towers.
4) Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited(MSETCL) has started to use drones for aerial surveillance and inspection of extra high voltage(EHV) power transmission lines and towers. Maharashtra becomes the 1st state to do so. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs and the Director General of Civil Aviation(DGCA) gave approval for this purpose. MSETCL becomes the 1st power utility to get approval from DGCA for power line inspections with drones in the country.
- How many MoUs worth Rs.10,399 was signed by Tamil Nadu government with industrial groups to create employment opportunities in the state?
The Tamil Nadu government signed 8 Memorandums of Understandings (MoUs) worth Rs 10,399 crore with companies to create employment opportunities for over 13,507 people. The MoUs were signed in the presence of Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami in the Secretariat at Fort St George in Chennai.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal e-inaugurates Zoram mega food park, the 1st mega food park of which state?
Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries(MoFPI) e-inaugurated the First operationalized mega food park of Mizoram, Zoram Mega Food Park, in Khamrang Village in Kolasib District, Mizoram, promoted by M/s Zoram Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd, which will provide direct and indirect employment to more than 5000 people.
- Which state government has included transgender under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (July 2020)?
The official notification of the Department of Social security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities(SSEPD) informed that, Odisha Government has included the transgender community under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY), a social security scheme by amending to Rule 6 of the Madhu Babu Pension Rules 2008.
- Name the state which launched “Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana” for scheduled castes (July 2020)?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
Yogi Adiytyanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh over a video conference launched “Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana”, an all-round development scheme for the Scheduled Castes(SC) and to provide financial assistant to support people to become self-dependent.
- Who has been appointed as the MD&CEO of SBI cards and payment services Ltd (with effect from August 1, 2020)?
1) Rajnish Kumar
2) Mahesh Kumar Sharma
3) Hardayal Prasad
4) Vijay Jasuja
5) Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Answer-5) Ashwini Kumar Tewari
SBI (State Bank of India) cards and payment services Ltd. appointed, Mr. Ashwini Kumar Tewari as its new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive officer (CEO) who is intended to be in charge from August 1, 2020. His new appointment will be valid for 2 years.
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 3rd G20 Finance ministers and central bank governors (FMCBG) meeting recently. Which country hosted the meeting?
3) Saudi Arabia
Answer-3) Saudi Arabia
As a part of Finance Track for the G20 Leaders Summit 2020, which is to be hosted by Saudi Arabia at the end of 2020, the 3rd G20 (Group of Twenty) Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting was held virtually on July 18, 2020. It was organized under the Saudi Arabian Presidency where Indian side was represented by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman.
- What is India’s rank in the global direct selling industry list, as per 2019 report released by World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA)?
In accordance with the report of “The Global Direct Selling – 2019 Retail Sales” by the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), India was ranked 15th in the global direct selling industry with sales of USD 2.477 billion in 2019. This has shown a growth of 12.1% in comparison to the 19th rank in 2018. The ranking has been topped by the United States (US) which contributed 20% of the global direct selling industry with sales of USD 35.21 billion, followed by China with 13% contribution at 2nd rank, and Korea and Germany with 10% contribution each at 3rd position.
Rank Country 15 India 1 United States (US) 2 China 3 Korea & Germany
- Name the 1st West Asian & Arab Nation which launched space mission to mars (named ‘Hope’ or ‘Al-Amal’)?
4) Saudi Arabia
United Arab Emirates (UAE) became the first West Asian and Arab nation to embark on a first-ever interplanetary space mission to Mars (Red Planet) namely “Hope Probe mission” from Tanegashima Space Centre, off the coast of Kyushu, Japan atop a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries H-IIA rocket.Also known as Al-Amal or Emirates Mars Mission, this $200 million mission will be the first to study both Martian climate viz. diurnal (daily) and seasonal cycles.
- Which institute of CSIR introduced the COVID Protection System (COPS) for work place?
1) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI)
2) Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
3) Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI)
4) Central Building Research Institute (CBRI)
5) Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI)
Answer-1) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI)
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute(CSIR-CMERI), Durgapur introduced the COVID Protection System(COPS), a collection of technologies for workplace, which includes, contactless Solar Based Intelligent Mask Automated Dispensing Unit cum Thermal Scanner (IntelliMAST), Touchless Faucet (TouF) and 360° Car Flusher.
- Who has won formula one Hungarian Grand Prix 2020?
1) Charles Leclerc
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Sebastian Vettel
5) Max Verstappen
Answer-2) Lewis Hamilton
Formula One Champion Mercedes Lewis Hamilton(British) won the Hungarian Grand Prix(GP) 2020 held at the Hungaroring in Mogyoród, Hungary. This is his 8th time to win this title. With this victory he equaled Michael Schumacher‘s single-venue record, ie., winning a grand prix eight times.
- Who authored the book titled ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ (sun never dies)?
1) Kumar Manish Arvind
2) Niba A Khandekar
3) Nand Kishore Acharya
4) Shashi Tharoor
5) Baldev Singh Sadaknama
Answer-5) Baldev Singh Sadaknama
Sahitya Akademi Awardee Baldev Singh Sadaknama has authored a book ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ (sun never dies). The book portrays many aspects of freedom fighter Udham Singh. The book is published by Unistarbooks.
- ‘Tangams’ are the critically endangered group belongs to which state?
2) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal Pradesh
Answer-2) Arunachal Pradesh
The book titled The Tangams: An Ethnolinguistic Study of the Critically Endangered Group of Arunachal Pradesh was released by PremaKhandu, the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh. The book is published by Centre for Endangered Languages(CFEL), Rajiv Gandhi University and Himalayan Publishers, New Delhi.
- CS Seshadri who passed away in July 2020 is a renowned _________.
3) English Scholar
Padma Bhushan Awardee & Renowned Mathematician, Conjeevaram Srirangachari(C.S.) Seshadri passed away at 88 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was the founder of the Chennai Mathematical Institute(CMI). He is known for his work in algebraic geometry. He was born on February 29th, 1932, in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Civil rights movement pioneer, John Lewis who is in news recently belongs to which country?
1) United Kingdom
3) United States
5) South Africa
Answer-3) United States
The United States lawmaker John Lewis (80), civil rights movement pioneer and long-time member of the US House of Representatives died of advanced pancreatic cancer. John Lewis is one of the nation’s most powerful voices of justice and equality.
- On which date, the 1st edition of world chess day observed in 2020?
1) July 17
2) July 15
3) July 22
4) July 20
5) July 13
Answer-4) July 20
United Nations’(UN) First World Chess Day is celebrated on 20th July all over the world to acknowledge the importance of chess in building harmony among countries, breaking the racial, political and social barriers and its role in achieving the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development and sustainable development goals(SDG). This day also marks the 96th Anniversary of the International Chess Federation (FIDE – Fédération Internationale des Échecs). The FIDE’s motto of 2020 is “Teach someone how to play chess.”
- Name the mobile app which was hailed by union Environment minister, Prakash Javadekar for its contribution towards conservation of Indian turtles.
5) None of the above
Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Information & Broadcasting hailed KURMA, a mobile based application contributing towards conservation of Indian turtles, as a unique tool for tracking and reporting Indian turtles and tortoises. The application was developed by Indian Turtle Conservation Action Network (ITCAN) in collaboration with the Turtle Survival Alliance – India and Wildlife Conservation Society – India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Ker Puja is the festival celebrated in which state?
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
The centuries old Ker puja began in Tripura capital Agartala from 14 July, 2020. Ker puja is the most peculiar festival of Tripura. The traditional Ker Puja is being held at the premises of Ujjayanta Palace. A structure constructed with green bamboo poles serves as the deity for the Ker Puja. The royal dynasty performs Ker Puja for the welfare of the people, praying against calamities and external aggression.
- Which country likely to hold the presidency of G20 in the year 2021?
Italy likely to take over the presidency of G20 from Saudi Arabia (2020) in the year 2021.
- What is the currency of UAE?
The capital and currency of UAE are Abu Dhabi & UAE Dirham respectively.
- What is the capital of Hungary?
The capital and currency of Hungary are Budapest & Hungarian Forint respectively.
- Raja Parba is the festival celebrated in which state?
Odisha celebrates Raja Parba, a three-day festival during the mid-June. On this day people celebrate menstruation and womanhood.