AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In January 2022, Indonesia Replaced Jakarta with New Capital City ___________.
5) MedanAnswer-2) Nusantara
The Indonesian Parliament has passed a law to change the capital from Jakarta. The new capital city of the country will be called Nusantara, which is a symbol of the identity of the nation, and also a new centre of economic gravity.
Cause for change in Capital:
Jakarta is prone to flooding & climate change which also suffers from congestion and air pollution.
- The 15th meeting of the BRICS Science Technology Innovation (STI) Steering Committee decided that ______ will host five events in 2022 & __________ will chair for 2022.
1) South Africa; India
2) Brazil; Russia
3) China; India
4) Russia; Brazil
5) India; ChinaAnswer-5) India; China
On 17th January 2022, 15th meeting of the BRICS Science Technology Innovation (STI) Steering Committee decided that India will host five events in 2022. During the meeting, India handed over the chairmanship to China. China will be the Chair for 2022.
i. Theme for BRICS 2022 -“Foster High-Quality BRICS Partnership Usher in a New Era for Global Development”.
ii. Sanjeev Kumar Varshney, Advisor & Head International Cooperation, Department of Science & Technology led the Indian delegation in the 15th meeting of BRICS STI Steering Committee.
- In January 2022, ________ became the 1st black woman to appear on the US Currency.
1) Shonda Rhimes
2) Maya Angelou
3) Simone Biles
4) Laverne Cox
5) Angela DavisAnswer-2) Maya Angelou
American poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou became the first black woman to be featured on the US Currency.
i. This is a part of the US’s American Women Quarters Programme.
ii. Maya Angelou is known for her autobiography titled “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings”.
- As per the RBI – Digital Payments Index released (in Jan’22), the digital payments increased by ________ % to 304.06 in Sept’ 21 when compared to 217.74 in Sept’20.
5) 48.75%Answer-3) 39.64%
RBI released the RBI – Digital Payments Index (RBI-DPI) for September 2021, as per the index the digital payments increased by 39.64 percent to 304.06 as against 217.74 in September 2020.
- Name the Indian women cricketer who was recently (in Jan’22) named in the ICC Women’s T20I team of the year 2021.
1) Smriti Mandhana
2) Mithali Raj
3) Jhulan Goswami
4) Harmanpreet Kaur
5) Shafali VermaAnswer-1) Smriti Mandhana
Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana was named in the 2021 ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s T20I team of the year.
i. Smriti Mandhana is India’s highest scorer who scored 255 runs at an average of 31.87 in 2021.
ii. It is also the 3rd time Smriti Mandhana won the title for the T20I team of the year after 2018 (opener) and 2019 (number three).
Note- No Other Indian Player named in Men’s as well Women’s List.
- Name the Organization that recently (in Jan’22) won the gold medal in QS-Wharton Reimagine Education Award 2021 under the the Arts and Humanities Category.
1) Virasat Foundation
2) Rhapsody Music Foundation
3) Indian Classical Music & Arts Foundation
4) Neemrana Music Foundation
5) Mehli Mehta Music FoundationAnswer-2) Rhapsody Music Foundation
Chennai-based Rhapsody Music Foundation has won the QS-Wharton Reimagine Education Award 2021 (gold) under the Arts and Humanities.
i. Reimagine Education Award is considered as the Oscar in the Education space. which is ranked number 1 in Asia and in the world.
ii. Rhapsody – Creative Intelligence Delivered receives two Gold Awards. It has won the Regional Award – Asia and the Discipline Award for Arts & Humanities.
- In January 2022, Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) divested ___________ of its equity stake in Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) to _____________.
1) 7.56%; Indian Oil Corporation
2) 4.93%; Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
3) 5.68%; Gas Authority of India Limited
4) 4.93%; Indian Oil Corporation
5) 5.68%; Oil & Natural Gas Corporation LimitedAnswer-4) 4.93%; Indian Oil Corporation
The Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) divested 4.93% of its equity stake in Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) to Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
i. IGX is India’s first natural gas exchange that has been set up to promote gas trading in the country. Its promoters are IEX and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Indian tennis player Sania Mirza recently (in Jan’22) announced her retirement from sports at the end of 2022. In which year did she receive the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award?
5) 2017Answer-2) 2015
Padma Awardee Sania Mirza, an Indian professional tennis player, has announced her retirement at the end of the 2022 season. She made the announcement following her defeat in the Australian Open Women’s double first round with partner Nadiia Kichenok (Ukraine).
Awards and Honours:
• 2004 Arjuna Award for Tennis
• 2006 Padma Shri for sports
• 2015 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (now Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award)
• 2016 Padma Bhushan for sports
- Who Co-authored the Book, “The Legend of Birsa Munda” along with Tuhin A Sinha?
1) Kewal Dheer
2) Amrita Pritam
3) Kunal Basu
4) Ankita Verma
5) Kamala DasAnswer-4) Ankita Verma
Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari released a book titled ‘The Legend of Birsa Munda’, authored by Tuhin A Sinha and co-authored by Ankita Verma.
i. The Book is the story of a lesser-known tribal hero, Birsa Munda, who courageously fought against the oppressive British Raj for the rights of his tribal community.
- 44th Kokborok Day is celebrated across the Indian State of Tripura on?
1) 18th January 2022
2) 16th January 2022
3) 19th January 2022
4) 17th January 2022
5) 20th January 2022Answer-3) 19th January 2022
Kokborok Day, also known as the Tripuri Language Day is annually celebrated across the Indian State of Tripura on 19th January with an aim to develop the Kokborok Language.
i. The day commemorates the initial recognition of Kokborok as the official language in 1979.
ii. 19th January 2022 marks the observance of the 44th Kokborok Day.
iii. Kokborok is derived from ‘Kok’ means “verbal” and “borok” means”people “ or”human “. It is one of the ancient languages of North East India.