AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In December 2021, the _____ Meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue 2021 was held in New Delhi under the chairmanship of _____________.
1) 3rd; Narendra Modi
2) 2nd; S Jaishankar
3) 4th; Narendra Modi
4) 3rd; S Jaishankar
5) 4th; Raj Nath SinghAnswer-4) 3rd; S Jaishankar
The 3rd meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue 2021 was held in New Delhi under the chairmanship of Dr S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India, that saw the participation of Foreign Ministers of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan.
i. The Ministers also emphasized the optimum usage of the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC), as well as the Ashgabat Agreement & inclusion of Chabahar Port within the framework of INSTC.
- Which of the following was inscribed on the Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity during 16th session of IGC 2021?
3) Kathok Chenmo
4) Durga Puja
5) KolattamAnswer-4) Durga Puja
The Intergovernmental Committee (IGC) of UNESCO’s 2003 Convention on Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) has inscribed ‘Durga Puja in Kolkata’ on the Representative List of ICH of Humanity during its 16th session of IGC 2021 which was held in Paris, France.
i. Other ICH from India – Kumbh Mela (2017), Yoga (2016), Navroz (2016).
ii.’Congolese Rumba , a musical dance from Congo was also inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the President’s Visit to Bangladesh in December 2021?
A) Ram Nath Kovind presented a replica of the 1971-era MIG 21 aircraft to Bangladesh
B) The newly reconstructed Sree Ramna Kali Mandir in Dhaka was inaugurated by the President Ram nath Kovind which was destroyed by Pakistani forces in March 1971.
C) President Ram Nath Kovind visited Bangladesh to attend the 50th Victory Day celebrations at the National Parade ground in Dhaka as a guest of honour.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Ram Nath Kovind presented a replica of the 1971-era MIG 21 aircraft to Bangladesh to commemorate the armed forces of India & Bangladesh during the liberation war.
i. The newly reconstructed Sree Ramna Kali Mandir in Dhaka was inaugurated by the President Ram nath Kovind which was destroyed by Pakistani forces in March 1971.
ii. President Ram Nath Kovind visited Bangladesh to attend the 50th Victory Day celebrations at the National Parade ground in Dhaka as a guest of honour.
- Name the company that recently (in Dec’21) signed a partnership agreement with CSC e-Governance Services India to nourish insurance penetration in Rural Network?
1) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
2) Reliance General Insurance
3) Kotak Mahindra General Insurance
4) Bharti AXA General Insurance
5) Liberty General InsuranceAnswer-5) Liberty General Insurance
Liberty General Insurance signed a partnership agreement with CSC (Common Service Centres) e-Governance Services India under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
• Objective: To strengthen insurance penetration in rural areas across India by selling insurance products through the CSC network.
• The agreement will empower the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) through new skills and knowledge of products and services.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) became the Banking Partner of the Maharashtra Government in December 2021?
1) AU SFB
2) Capital SFB
3) Ujjivan SFB
4) Equitas SFB
5) Utkarsh SFBAnswer-4) Equitas SFB
Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited ( ESFBL) has empanelled as the banking partner of the state government of Maharashtra with an aim to offer its services to employees of the State Government.
Note: The Bandhan Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, and the South Indian Bank have been assigned the role of distributing salaries and allowances to the government employees.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited:
MD & CEO– Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline– It’s Fun Banking
- Identify the Organization that was recently (in Dec’21) conducted a flight demonstration of Controlled Aerial Delivery System (CADS) in Agra, New Delhi.
1) Indian Army
2) Bharat Electronics
5) DRDOAnswer-5) DRDO
DRDO has conducted a flight demonstration of its Controlled Aerial Delivery System (CADS) by the DRDO’s Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE) in Agra, New Delhi.
About The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO):
Parent Ministry – Ministry of Defence (MoD)
Chairman – G Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
- Name the Indian Navy’s 2nd Indigenous Stealth Guided-missile destroyer of the P15B class went for the 1st Sea Trials in December 2021.
1) INS Shikra
2) INS Surat
3) INS Mormugao
4) INS Imphal
5) INS VisakhapatnamAnswer- 3) INS Mormugao
During the Goa Liberation day, Indian Navy’s 2nd Indigenous stealth guided-missile destroyer of Project 15 B class ‘Mormugao’ went for maiden sea trials.
• Mormugao is being built at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDSL) as part of the Project 15B destroyers & It is planned to be commissioned in mid 2022.
Note- In November 2021, INS Visakhapatnam and the fourth P75 submarine INS Vela were commissioned into the Indian Navy.
- Who became 1st Indian shuttler to win a silver medal in the men’s singles at the BWF world championships 2021?
1) Sameer Verma
2) Prannoy HS
3) Kidambi Srikanth
4) Lakshya Sen
5) Chirag ShettyAnswer-3) Kidambi Srikanth
Kidambi Srikanth (India) became the 1st Indian shuttler to win a silver medal in the men’s singles at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) world championships.
• Loh Kean Yew from singapore won Gold Medal in the men’s singles at the (BWF) world championships 2021 held in Huelva, Spain.
• India’s Lakshya Sen & Denmark’s Anders Antonsen won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s Singles in BWF world championships 2021.
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
President – Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen
Headquarters – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Name the State that was recently (in Dec’21) created 3 New districts – Tseminyu, Nuiland and Chumukedima?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-4) Nagaland
The State Government of Nagaland has created three new districts namely Tseminyu, Nuiland and Chumukedima, reaching the total district tally of the state to 15.
• Tseminyu became the 13th district followed by Nuiland and Chumukedima as 14th and 15th Districts respectively.
- Which State launched Mukhyamantri Vayu Swasthya Seva Scheme to offer free Healthcare services to the Remote areas?
4) West Bengal
5) UttarakhandAnswer-2) Odisha
The Odisha Government launched the Mukhyamantri Vayu Swasthya Seva (Air Health Services) scheme at the Biju Patnaik International Airport to offer Free Healthcare services to the remote areas of the Odisha Districts.
• Under this scheme, specialist doctors will be flown to remote areas of Odisha to treat the people suffering from serious diseases.