AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 & 22 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation recently (in Mar’21) signed an agreement with Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) to provide technical support for conducting IT enabled All India Surveys on Migrant Workers?
1) Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
2) Directorate General of Employment (DGE)
3) Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESIC)
4) V.V. Giri National Labour Institute
5) Labour BureauAnswer-5) Labour Bureau
Labour Bureau an attached office of Ministry of Labour & Employment has signed a service level agreement with Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) for providing technical and manpower support for conducting All India Surveys on Migrant Workers & All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey (AQEES). The IT-enabled surveys are expected to reduce the time taken for completion of surveys by at least 30-40%.
- Who chaired the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival 2021 (GAF 2021) that was held virtually in March 2021?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Shripad Naik
3) V Muraleedharan
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Faggan Singh KulasteAnswer-3) V Muraleedharan
PM Narendra Modi virtually addressed the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival 2021 (GAF 2021). The event was held in virtual format, organized by the Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA) from March 12-19.
· It is the largest Ayurvedic event in the world.
· Chairman of GAF 2021 – V Muraleedharan (MoS – External Affairs & Parliamentary Affairs).
· PM highlighted the WHO proposal for setting up a “Global Centre for Traditional Medicine” in India.
- With which organisation, ISRO recently (in Mar’21) signed an MoU to set-up a Space Technology Incubation Center (S-TIC), enabling students to build applications & products for space applications?
5) NIT-AizawlAnswer-2) NIT-Rourkela
In March, 2021 ISRO signed an MoU with NIT-Rourkela to set-up a Space Technology Incubation Center (S-TIC) at NIT-Rourkela campus, Odisha covering the Eastern region. This will be the 4th S-TIC of the 6 targeted by ISRO to build application & products for space applications.
· Rs. 2 crores will be provided by ISRO to the NIT for infrastructure development of S-TIC.
· Already 3 such centers have been inaugurated at NIT-Agartala, NIT-Jalandhar and NIT-Trichy.
- How many PSU’s were listed for privatization in the 1st set of companies listed for disinvestment by NITI Aayog?
5) 9Answer-1) 12
In March 2021, NITI Aayog had submitted the 1st list of 12 Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) for Privatization.
· It was planned to privatize 2 Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and 1 general Insurance company in the year 2021-22.
· India is targeting Rs 1.75 lakh crores of disinvestment in the FY 2021-22.
- To which country AAI has decided to provide customised courses to enhance its capacity in infrastructure & skilled manpower?
1) Sri Lanka
5) MauritiusAnswer-2) Bangladesh
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has agreed to assist the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB), the aviation regulator of Bangladesh, to enhance its capacity in terms of infrastructure and skilled manpower. AAI has suggested providing customised courses to assist in the training progress.
- What is India’s Rank in the ‘World Happiness Report 2021’ released by UN- Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN)?
5) 139Answer-5) 139
India with a score of 3.819 has been ranked 139 out of 149 countries in the ‘World Happiness Report 2021’ published by United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN). The ranking was topped by Finland for the 4th Time.
· Apart from Afghanistan (149), all neighbouring countries ranked higher than India.
- Which country/countries recently (in Mar’21) became a member of Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)?
3) European Union
4) Only 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-3) European Union
International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure 2021 (ICDRI 2021) hosted by Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) took place virtually in March 2021.
· During the event, the 27-member European Union joined the CDRI.
· The US announced funds of up to USD 9.2 Million for supporting CDRI.
- Who is the 1st Indian to receive the International Federation of Film Archives award, the FIAF Award 2021?
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Kamal Haasan
4) Shahrukh Khan
5) Aamir KhanAnswer-1) Amitabh Bachchan
Indian Actor Amitabh Bachchan received the FIAF Award 2021 by the International Federation of Film Archives (French: Fédération Internationale des Archives du Film, FIAF).
· Amitabh became the 1st Indian to receive this award. He was a recipient of Padma Vibhushan in 2015.
· He received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest honours of Indian Cinema in 2019.
- Who became the 1st serving MP to be appointed as a Captain in the Territorial Army?
1) G. Kishan Reddy
2) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
3) Nityanand Rai
4) Shripad Naik
5) Anurag ThakurAnswer-5) Anurag Thakur
Minister of State (MoS) for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Anurag Thakur has become the 1st serving Member of Parliament (MP) to be appointed as Captain in the Territorial Army, the 2nd line of defence comprising of Volunteers.
- Which organisation signed an agreement (in Mar’21) with Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd (JPVL) for acquiring 74% stake in JPVL?
1) Power Grid Corporation of India
2) Tata Power
3) Indian Oil Corporation
4) Reliance Power
5) Oil and Natural Gas CorporationAnswer-1) Power Grid Corporation of India
On March 19,2021 Power Grid Corporation of India has signed an agreement with Jaiprakash Power Ventures (JPVL) for the acquisition of the outstanding 74% stake of JPVL. Power Grid has already owned a 26% stake in JPVL, this acquisition will make it a wholly-owned subsidiary of Power Grid.