AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 & 22 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the campaign that was launched by Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari (in Feb’21) to promote the use of Electric Vehicles in India?
1) Electric India
2) EVergreen Bharat
3) Atmanirbhar Bharat EV
4) EV Champion
5) Go Electric
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Go Electric
On February 19, 2021, Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) in the presence of Minister of State (MoS) Raj Kumar Singh, Ministry of Power and New & Renewable Energy launched “Go Electric” campaign. Go Electric Campaign is a daylong event observed panel discussions on “Scaling up of e-mobility Infrastructure in India and Role of different Stakeholders in e-mobility”. The launch Event also witnessed the unveiling of “Go Electric” logo which depicts the evolution of e-mobility eco-system.
- Which organisation (in Feb’21) signed an MoU with CSIR to promote research in Health sector in India?
1) Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
2) Rotary International
3) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)
5) International Vaccine Institute
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)
On February 19, 2021, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for supporting development, conduct & promotion of health research in India. The Focus of the agreement will be on developing & testing new preventions, therapies and interventions for solving major health concerns which affect India & other developing countries. BMGF is aimed at enhancing healthcare & reduce extreme poverty across the globe, expand educational opportunities.
- Which country signed an MoU (in Feb’21) with India for Mutual Visa exemption for Diplomatic Passport holders?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ethiopia
On February 16-19,2021, Ethiopia Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Demeke Mekonnen was on a four-day visit to India where India and Ethiopia signed following 2 memorandum of understanding (MoU),
Mutual Visa Exemption for holders of Diplomatic Passports
MoU between the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) – Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), India and Wollo University, Ethiopia.
- Which organisation (in Feb’21) signed an Academic and Technical Linkage Agreement with Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME) for designing an indigenous Armoured Tracked Repair Vehicle (ATRV)?
1) Ordnance Factory
4) Bharat Dynamics
5) Indian Army
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ordnance Factory
On February 19, 2021, Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME), Secunderabad, Telangana signed an Academic and Technical Linkage Agreement with Ordnance Factory, Medak (OFMK) district, Andhra Pradesh for designing an indigenous Armoured Tracked Repair Vehicle (ATRV). An ARV is typically a powerful tank or Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) used for towing or repair of battle-damaged, stuck, and inoperable Armoured fighting vehicles such as Battle Tanks.
- Where was the 47th edition of Khajuraho Dance Festival conducted?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Madhya Pradesh
Ms Usha Thakur, Minister of Culture and Tourism of Madhya Pradesh inaugurated the 47th edition of Khajuraho Dance Festival on 20th February 2021 at Khajuraho, a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Heritage site. This 7-day dance festival is organised by the Ustad Alauddin Khan Music and Arts Academy. The temples at Khajuraho were constructed during the Chandella dynasty, between 950 and 1050.
- RBI (in Feb’21) has imposed a withdrawal cap of Rs. 1,000 on customers of ______________ for a period of 6 months.
1) Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank
2) Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank
3) SVC Co-operative Bank
4) Mantha Urban Co-operative Bank
5) Ashoknagar Co-operative Bank
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank
On February 18, 2021 The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) on considering the present liquidity position of Deccan Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd., has imposed a withdrawal cap of Rs 1,000 on the customers of the bank. But, customers are allowed to set off loans against deposits subject to conditions. This is for the period of 6 months from the close of business on February 19, 2021.
- SBI Payment Services Pvt. Ltd (in Feb’21) launched “YONO Merchant App” to expand the digitization of merchant payments in India. What does ‘N’ stands for in YONO?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Need
On February 20, 2021 SBI Payment Services Pvt. Ltd launched YONO Merchant App to expand the digitization of merchant payments in India. Through the app, merchants can turn their Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Android smartphones into payment acceptance devices. It is a brand extension of State Bank of India(SBI)’s YONO (You Only Need One) platform. SBI has also partnered with Visa on the Tap to Phone feature to boost acceptance infrastructure across India.
- When is the UN’s World Day of Social Justice observed annually?
1) 19th February
2) 15th February
3) 21st February
4) 17th February
5) 20th February
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 20th February
The United Nations(UN)’s World Day of Social Justice is annually observed across the globe on 20th February to promote and ensure Social justice in letter and spirit in the world where the social inequality persists. The day recognises that social development can be ensured in the absence of Social Justice. The theme of the 2021 World Day of Social Justice is “A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy” which highlights the basic rights of the workers who have shifted to the digital platform and whose lives were affected by the lack of digital infrastructure.
- Which state govt. (in Fe’21) signed an MoU with the Swedish company, “IKEA” bringing an investment of Rs. 5500 crores in next 5 years?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) Uttar Pradesh
On 19th February 2021, the Government of Uttar Pradesh (UP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with IKEA, a Swedish furniture and home applications company, which is set to invest Rs.5500 crores in the state during the next 5 years. IKEA plans to open around 25 center’s in India by 2025 by investing Rs.10500 crore, most of these stores will be in UP.
- In February 2021, WE Hub entrepreneur and Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) virtually signed an MoU to promote women entrepreneurship in __________ and Jammu & Kashmir.
3) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Telangana
On February 19, 2021 WE Hub (Women Entrepreneurship Hub), India’s first and only state-led incubator of the government of Telangana for women entrepreneur and Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to boost the entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem in Telangana and J&K. The MoU will provide a platform for budding entrepreneurs from Telangana and J&K. The partnership will promote women entrepreneurship.