AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 20 September 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In September 2023, The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for capital acquisition proposals of various weapons systems and platforms amounting to Rs ____________.
1) 55,000 crore
2) 45,000 crore
3) 40,000 crore
4) 30,000 crore
5) 35,000 croreAnswer-2) 45,000 crore
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), in its meeting on 15th September 2023, under the chairmanship of Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for capital acquisition proposals of various weapons systems and platforms amounting to Rs 45,000 crore.
• These proposals further strive to strengthen the operational capabilities of the Indian Defence Forces and increase the incorporation of indigenous content in defence projects.
• The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has granted approval for nine procurement proposals, and all these procurements will be sourced from indigenous vendors under Buy Indian-Indigenously Designed Developed and Manufactured (IDDM) category.
• Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, during the high-powered Defence Acquisitions Council meeting, directed the top military officials and government bureaucrats towards ensuring a minimum of 60-65% indigenous content for IDDM projects, in the defence sector.
• Currently, the threshold for indigenous content in defence projects stands at 50%.
- Which of the following Indian heritage sites has been recently (in Sept ‘23) inscribed on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage list under the Cultural heritage category?
1) Santiniketan in West Bengal
2) Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas in Karnataka
3) Deer Stone Monuments in Maharashtra
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
Santiniketan in West Bengal (WB) and Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas in Karnataka were inscribed on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage list.
• Santiniketan is the 41st and Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas is the 42nd World Heritage site in India.
• Both were listed under the Cultural heritage category.
• This was announced during the 45th extended session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO being held in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 10 to 25 September 2023.
Note: At present, India has a total of 42 UNESCO World Heritage sites, which includes 7 natural heritage sites, 1 mixed heritage site and 34 Cultural Heritage sites.
- According to the 2023 Digital Quality of Life(DQL) Index released by Surfshark Limited in September 2023, India has secured __________ rank with a ranking index of 0.5154.
5) 52ndAnswer-5) 52nd
According to the 2023 Digital Quality of Life(DQL) Index, the 5th edition of the annual DQL Index by Surfshark Limited, India has risen to 52nd rank with a ranking index of 0.5154 from 59th rank in 2022.
i. The Index featuring 121 countries is topped by France with a ranking index of 0.7902 followed by Finland, Denmark, Germany and Luxembourg.
ii. In Asia(regional ranking) India is ranked 13, with Singapore (global rank 10) at the top.
iii. The Digital Quality of Life (DQL) Index reveals insights into factors that impact a country’s digital wellbeing and areas that should be prioritised for future improvement.
iv. The study offers a unique perspective into a country’s digital quality of life & the study covers 90% of the world population.
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) has recently (in Sept ‘23) launched the Maxima Savings Account and Business Maxima Current Account for medium and large business entities?
1) Suryoday SFB
2) AU SFB
3) Equitas SFB
4) Ujjivan SFB
5) Utkarsh SFBAnswer-4) Ujjivan SFB
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited (Ujjivan SFB) has launched the Maxima Savings Account and Business Maxima Current Account which is designed exclusively for medium and large business entities.
• Both the accounts offer a RuPay Select Debit Card that provides access to wellness services, exclusive merchant offers, airport lounge access, and a premium health checkup.
• Annual interest rate on the Maxima Savings Account up to 7.5% & Customers can open the account with Rs 1 lakh.
• Flexibility to maintain Rs 15 lakh or more in Fixed Deposits(FD) to meet the balance eligibility criteria(this option is not available with other standard savings accounts).
- In September 2023, National Highways Logistics Management Ltd (NHLML) signed an agreement for the development of Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) in _____________ (city).
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Ahmedabad, GujaratAnswer-1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
National Highways Logistics Management Ltd (NHLML), has signed an agreement for the development of Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) at Muddelinganahalli in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i. The agreement was signed between the Government Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Bengaluru MMLP Private Limited and Concessionaire SPV PATH Bengaluru Logistics Park Pvt. Ltd.
ii. The proposed MMLP will be developed under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) (Design, Build, Finance, Operate, and Transfer (DBFOT) model at an estimated cost of Rs 1,770 crore.
iii. This project is set to become the first and largest MMLP ever implemented in the country under the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan.
- Name the personality from India, along with his team member, who has recently (in Sept ‘23) won the 2023 Ig Nobel Prizes under the ‘Mechanical Engineering‘ category.
1) Gobinath Rajendran
2) Krishnaswamy Ramiah
3) Mallikarjuna Swamy
4) Anoop Rajappan
5) Shyamaranjan Das MohapatraAnswer-4) Anoop Rajappan
The 2023 Ig Nobel Prizes were awarded at the 33rd First Annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony, on September 14, 2023. The Ig Nobel Prize is the prize for humorous scientific feats and aims to “honour achievements that first make people laugh, and then make them think.”
• A team of scientists from India, China, Malaysia, and the United States of America (USA) has won the 2023 Ig Nobels, in the ‘Mechanical Engineering‘ category for re-animating dead spiders and using them as mechanical gripping tools.
• Team members: Faye Yap, Zhen Liu, Anoop Rajappan (India), Trevor Shimokusu, and Daniel Preston.
• A new additional companion event called ‘Ig Nobel Face-to-Face‘ has been organised for the 33rd First Annual Ig Nobel Prize winners on November 11, 2023, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Museum, Cambridge (USA).
- How many artists have received the Sangeet Natak Akademi Amrit Awards 2022 from the Vice President of India Jagdeep Dhankhar in September 2023?
5) 84Answer-5) 84
On September 16, 2023, the Vice President of India Jagdeep Dhankhar presented the one-time Sangeet Natak Akademi Amrit Awards 2022 to 84 artists from varied fields of performing arts during a ceremony at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Delhi.
• The award was constituted to honour Indian artistes aged above 75 years who have not been accorded any national honour in their career so far.
• A total of 84 artists, comprising 70 men and 14 women, were bestowed with this prestigious award at the ceremony.
i. The list features artists from various Indian states viz. 3 from Andhra Pradesh, 2 from Arunachal Pradesh, 6 from Maharashtra, 3 each from Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, 2 each from Punjab, and Delhi.
ii. 4 award recipients each are from Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka, while 5 each from Assam and Rajasthan were recognized for their exceptional contributions.
- In September 2023, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) inducted two new __________ (aircraft) with advanced state-of-the-art Flight Inspection systems into its Flight Inspection Unit(FIU)’s Fleet to carry out calibration of ground navigation and landing aids.
1) CASA C-212
3) Ilyushin Il-76
5) Mil Mi-24Answer-4) B-360
The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has inducted two new B-360 aircraft with advanced state-of-the-art Flight Inspection systems into its Flight Inspection Unit(FIU)’s Fleet to carry out calibration of ground navigation and landing aids.
i. Flight inspection is crucial in achieving the best international standards specified by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).
ii. These aircraft will be used in Calibrating the Category I, II and III Instrument Landing Systems, Doppler Very High Frequency Omni Range(DVORs),Distance Measuring Equipment (DME), non-directional beacon (NDB), Radar, Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS), Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI), Tactical Air Navigation System (TACAN) .
- Which of the following points is “Incorrect” with respect to the 16th Edition of Asia Cup 2023 finals held in Colombo, Sri Lanka in September 2023?
1) India have lifted the Asia Cup for a record-extending eighth time after defeating Sri Lanka in the Finals of Asia Cup 2023.
2) Indian Men’s cricket team captain Rohit Sharma lifted the Asia Cup trophy for the third time in his career to join Sourav Ganguly and MS Dhoni in an elite list.
3) Virat Kohli hits a ton against Pakistan in Asia Cup to become the fastest batsman to score 13,000 One Day International (ODI) runs.
4) Rohit Sharma becomes the sixth Indian to enter the 10,000 ODI runs club after Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni and Rahul Dravid.
5) Shubman Gill becomes the first batter to score 1,000 ODI runs in 2023.Answer-2) Indian Men’s cricket team captain Rohit Sharma lifted the Asia Cup trophy for the third time in his career to join Sourav Ganguly and MS Dhoni in an elite list.
India have lifted the Asia Cup for a record-extending eighth time after defeating the defending champions Sri Lanka in the Finals of Asia Cup 2023, at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• The 16th Edition of Asia Cup 2023 was Co-hosted by Sri Lanka as well as Pakistan for the 1st time from 30 August to 17 September 2023.
• With eight titles (seven ODI and one T20I), India became the most successful team in the history of the tournament. Where Sri Lanka is the second most successful team with six titles and Pakistan have won two.
• Indian Men’s cricket team captain Rohit Sharma lifted the Asia Cup trophy for the second time in his career to join Mohammad Azharuddin and MS Dhoni in an elite list.
• Azharuddin and Dhoni were the only two captains to have won the Asia Cup twice before Rohit. Azhar won the titles in 1991 and 1995 while Dhoni won in 2010 and 2016.
• Rohit had first won the Asia Cup in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2018, which was played in the Twenty20 International (T20I) format.
• Virat Kohli hits a ton against Pakistan in Asia Cup to become the fastest batsman to score 13,000 One Day International (ODI) runs.
• Rohit Sharma becomes the sixth Indian to enter the 10,000 ODI runs club after Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni and Rahul Dravid.
• Shubman Gill becomes the first batter to score 1,000 ODI runs in 2023
- What was the theme of World Patient Safety Day 2023 that was observed across the globe by the World Health Organization (WHO) on 17th September 2023?
1) Engaging patients for patient safety
2) Medication Safety
3) Medication Without Harm
4) Safe maternal and newborn care
5) Act now for safe and respectful childbirth!Answer-1) Engaging patients for patient safety
World Health Organization’s (WHO) World Patient Safety Day 2023 was observed worldwide on 17th September 2023 with the theme of “Engaging patients for patient safety“.
i. The slogan of WPSD 2023 is “Elevate the voice of patients!” & the first WPSD was observed on 17 September 2019.
ii. WHO established a flagship initiative entitled “A Decade of Patient Safety 2020-2030” in February 2020. This is in line with United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
iii. The 74th WHA in 2021 approved the decision WHA74.13 to adopt the Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021–2030 with a vision of a world in which no one is harmed in health care, and every patient receives safe and respectful care, every time, everywhere”.
iv. On the occasion of WPSD 2023, NATHEALTH, Healthcare Federation of India, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), to promote and enhance patient safety and improve healthcare quality.