AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 20 October 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs October 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the Institute that has recently (in Oct ‘23) signed an MoU with the National Institute of Communication Finance (NICF) to promote the exchange of knowledge and resources.
1) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
2) Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
3) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
4) Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
5) Indian Institute of Management BangaloreAnswer-4) Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and National Institute of Communication Finance (NICF) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote the exchange of knowledge and resources between these institutions for conducting research, training capacity building and advocacy.
i. The MoU covers a wide range of topics, including finance, restructuring, turnaround, competition law, corporate law, corporate governance, Insolvency and Bankruptcy law, leadership, organisational effectiveness, telecommunication policies, and spectrum auction.
ii. The collaboration also aims to develop the skills and knowledge of Indian Posts and Telecom Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS) officers.
- Which autonomous organisation of the Ministry of Education has recently (in Oct ‘23) developed a web portal ‘Apna Chandrayaan’ for school students that was launched by Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan?
1) National Council for Teacher Education
2) National Assessment and Accreditation Council
3) National Council of Educational Research and Training
4) All India Council for Technical Education
5) National Testing AgencyAnswer-3) National Council of Educational Research and Training
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, the Ministry of Education(MoE), launched a web portal ‘Apna Chandrayaan’ for school students in New Delhi, Delhi. The web portal was developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
He also launched 10 special modules offering a comprehensive perspective on the Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) Chandrayaan-3 mission for students.
The modules encompass scientific, technological, and social aspects as well as the emotional journey and team spirit of the scientists involved in the mission.
i. The portal features activity-based support material such as interactive quizzes, puzzles for school students in Foundational, Preparatory, Middle, and Secondary level on Mission Chandrayaan-3.
ii. It also has a set of colouring books, dot-to-dot activities, picture builders, and inspiring stories in the form of graphic novels on Chandrayaan 3.
- In October 2023, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) notified the amendment of the Aircraft Rules, 1937, which will be called as “Aircraft (First Amendment) Rules, 2023”.
Under the amendment, following the revision of Rule 39C, the validity of the Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders has been increased from 5 years to __________ years.
5) 15Answer-2) 10
On 10th October 2023, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) notified the amendment of the Aircraft Rules, 1937, which will be called as “Aircraft (First Amendment) Rules, 2023”. Under this amendment, following the revision of Rule 39C, the validity of the Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders has been increased from 5 years to 10 years.
This aims to reduce administrative burden on pilots and aviation authorities like Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), promoting a more streamlined and efficient licensing process.
The amendment is in line with the government’s efforts to further improve the ease of doing business in the aviation sector.
i. The Amendment to the Aircraft Rules, 1937, emphasizes robust industry consultations, enhancng regulatory safety, and security measures.
ii. Amendment to Aircraft Rules, 1937 introduces key changes under Rule 66, addressing concerns related to the display of “false lights” in the vicinity of an aerodrome.
- Name the Department of GoI has recently (in Oct ‘23) signed an MoU with the National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC) to monitor Watershed Development Component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (WDC-PMKSY 2.0) using geo-spatial applications.
1) Department of Scientific and Industrial Research
2) Department of Defence Research & Development
3) Department of Land Resources
4) Department of Telecommunications
5) Department of Science and TechnologyAnswer-3) Department of Land Resources
The Department of Land Resources (DOLR) and the National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC) have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to monitor Watershed Development Component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (WDC-PMKSY 2.0) using geo-spatial applications.
i. The event also winessed the launch of mobile application DRISHTI 2.0 and web-portal SRISHTI 2.0 for WDC-PMKSY 2.0.
ii. NRSC will provide DOLR with
High-resolution satellite data for all the WDC 2.0 projects (across India).
Customized software tools on Bhuvan for monitoring, online image comparison and visualization of project reports.
Customized Bhuvan web page Srishti for WDC-PMKSY 2.0.
Customized mobile application Drishti for field data collection and data transfer to Bhuvan.
- According to the Economic Outlook Survey released by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in October 2023, India’s annual median Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate is projected at __________ for the financial year 2023-24 (FY 2023-24).
5) 6.3%Answer-5) 6.3%
According to Economic Outlook Survey released by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), India’s annual median Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate for the financial year 2023-24 (FY 2023-24) is projected at 6.3% with a minimum and maximum growth estimate of 6% and 6.6%, respectively.
i. Sectorswise Prediction:
The expected growth rate for agriculture and allied activities in FY23-24 is 2.7%, which is lower than the 4.0% growth rate reported in FY22-23.
This is due to the El Niño effect, which has affected the spatial distribution of rainfall during the monsoon season.
The industry and services sectors are expected to grow by 5.6% and 7.3%, respectively, in the FY23-24.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the IndiaSkills 2023-24 launched in October 2023?
A) Union Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan, launched the IndiaSkills 2023-24, India’s most significant National Skill Competition program.
B) The Union Minister also felicitated the winners of the 46th WorldSkills Competition (WSC 2022 Special Edition – WSC2022SE), which was held between 7th September and 26th November 2022 across 15 countries.
C) India secured 5th position in the WSC2022SE, with 2 Silver Medals, 3 Bronze Medals, and 13 Medallions for Excellence, while Chinese Taipei secured the 1st position.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-2) Only A & B
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the IndiaSkills 2023-24, India’s most significant National Skill Competition program.
He also felicitated the winners of the 46th WorldSkills Competition (WSC 2022 Special Edition – WSC2022SE), which was held between 7th September and 26th November 2022 across 15 countries.
India secured 11th position in the WSC2022SE, with 2 Silver Medals, 3 Bronze Medals, and 13 Medallions for Excellence. In 2019, India held the 13th position.
WSC2022SE was the official replacement for WorldSkills Shanghai 2022, cancelled in May 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
China secured the 1st position followed by South Korea in the 2nd and Chinese Taipei in the 3rd position in the WorldSkills 2022 Special Edition.
- In October 2023, Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the Scheme of Amalgamation of IDFC Limited(IDFCL) with ____________(Subsidiaries).
1) IDFC Asset Management
2) IDFC Financial Holding
3) IDFC FIRST Bank
4) IDFC Project Equity
5) IDFC IEH Conservative FundAnswer- 3) IDFC FIRST Bank
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the Scheme of Amalgamation of IDFC Limited(IDFCL) with IDFC FIRST Bank.
i. The approval was granted under the Green Channel Route, which is a fast-track route for mergers and acquisitions that are unlikely to have any adverse impact on competition.
ii. IDFCL is a development finance institution(DFI) and the parent company of IDFC FIRST Bank.
iii. The merger was granted according to Section 6(2) of the Competition Act, 2002 read with Regulations 5 and SA of the Competition Commission of India (Procedure in regard to the transactions of business relating to combinations) Regulations, 2011.
The amalgamation will be completed within FY23-24.
- Which Foundation/company has recently (in Oct ‘23) launched ‘Igniting Collective Goodness: MKB@100’, a book on Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s monthly radio programme Mann ki Baat?
1) BlueKraft Digital Foundation
2) Pan Macmillan India
3) Hay House India
4) Asian Educational Services
5) National Book Trust IndiaAnswer-1) BlueKraft Digital Foundation
BlueKraft Digital Foundation has launched a book on Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s monthly radio programme Mann ki Baat. The book has been titled ‘Igniting Collective Goodness: Mann Ki Baat @ 100’.
i. The book captures the journey of Prime Minister Modi’s 100 episodes of Mann Ki Baat and its impact on Indian society.
ii. The book is published by Westland Publications Limited.
iii. This is the third book of Westland Publications in the series, which captures the journey of Mann ki Baat.
- The ________ Raising Day of the National Security Guard (NSG) was observed on 16th October 2023.
5) 37thAnswer-4) 39th
The National Security Guard (NSG) annually celebrates its Raising Day on 16th October to mark the establishment of NSG (also known as Black Cats) on 16th October 1984.
i. 16th October 2023 marks the observance of 39th Raising Day of NSG.
ii. About NSG: In 1984, The Union Cabinet planned to create a Federal Contingency Force to act against. This paved a way for the formation of NSG.
The National Security Guard was formally established through ‘National Security Guard Act, 1986’.
It operates under the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA) with the motto ‘Sarvatra.
The NSG was modelled on the pattern of the Special Air Service (SAS) of the United Kingdom(UK) and Grenzschutzgruppe 9(GSG-9) of Germany.
- In which state, Kati Bihu also known as Kongali bihu festival 2023 was celebrated on 18th October 2023?
2) West Bengal
5) MizoramAnswer-3) Assam
Kati Bihu, also known as Kongali bihu, is the annual Assamese festival celebrated on the first day of the Kati Month in the Assamese calendar, usually coincides with the mid-October.
i. Kati Bihu is celebrated during the time of relocation of the rice sapling which is observed with great enthusiasm and fervor.
ii. The 2023 Kati Bihu was celebrated on 18th October 2023.