AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the Organization that partnered with ISRO (in Oct’21) to launch the Geospatial Energy Map of India to map India’s Primary & Secondary Energy resources.
1) National Informatics Centre
2) India Meteorological Department
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation
4) NITI Aayog
5) Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade
Answer-4) NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog along with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the Geospatial Energy Map of India which will provide a holistic picture of all energy resources of the country. This map identifies and locates all primary and secondary sources of energy and their transportation.
i. A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a computer system for capturing, storing, checking, and displaying data related to positions on Earth’s surface.
- Who was recently (in Oct’21) appointed to head the Working Group (WG) that will review the ‘Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)’ for Kharif 2022?
1) K.P. Krishnan
2) N. K. Sodhi
3) Ritesh Chauhan
4) S Janakiraman
5) Nilesh Shah
Answer-3) Ritesh Chauhan
The Central Government constituted a Working Group (WG) to be headed by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PMFBY, currently Ritesh Chauhan to roll out an overhauled Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) from Kharif 2022.
About Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY):
Parent Ministry– Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW)
- Name the Person who led the Indian delegation (in Oct’21) in the Like-Minded Developing Countries (LMDC) Ministerial meeting titled “Preparations for COP 26 on Climate Change – Expectations and Challenges”.
1) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
2) Hardeep Singh Puri
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) G. Kishan Reddy
5) Bhupender Yadav
Answer-5) Bhupender Yadav
Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Environment Forest and Climate Change, virtually participated in the Like-Minded Developing Countries (LMDC) Ministerial meeting titled “Preparations for COP 26 on Climate Change – Expectations and Challenges”.
i. The virtual LMDC Meeting was hosted by the Plurinational State of Bolivia. LMDC comprises around 25 developing countries from Asia and other regions.
- Which country recently (in Oct’21) conducted its inaugural maritime dialogue with India to work on a free, open & inclusive Indo-Pacific region?
2) North Korea
4) United Kingdom
Answer-4) United Kingdom
India and UK held virtual maritime dialogue associated with cooperation towards maritime domain, Indo-Pacific and regional or multilateral cooperation. The two foreign ministers affirmed their vision on a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
- Which Organization recently (in Oct’21) launched an automated fuelling system named ‘U-Fill’ to provide complete automation & transparency in fuel filling?
1) Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
4) Gas Authority of India
5) Reliance Petroleum Limited
Answer-2) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) launched an automated fueling technology -UFill- to ensure that its customers have a better experience at outlets. UFill technology can be described as swift, secure and smart which will be launched in 65 cities across the country.
- Which multinational Ridesharing Organization recently (in Oct’21) acquired ‘GeoSpoc’ to provide next-generation mobility services?
Ola acquired Pune-based Geospatial service provider – ‘GeoSpoc’ to provide next-generation Mobility & location tracking services. Ola is planning to provide real-time mapping convenient for vehicular movements using advanced technologies like 3D, HD and vector maps.
- As per the Forbes’s world’s Best Employers ranking 2021, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) placed at the _______ position became India’s Best employer, while _________ was ranked as the Best in the World.
1) 46th; Samsung Electronics
2) 46th; Microsoft Corporation
3) 52nd; Samsung Electronics
4) 52nd; Microsoft Corporation
5) 63rd; Samsung Electronics
Answer-3) 52nd; Samsung Electronics
According to the World’s Best Employers ranking 2021 published by Forbes, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) placed at the 52nd position in the overall ranking of 750 global corporations and topped the Indian firms under the ranking. Samsung Electronics was placed at the top position.
About Reliance Industries Limited (RIL):
CMD: Mukesh Ambani
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Name the GrandMaster (GM) who won the ‘Julius Baer Challengers Chess Tour 2021’ finals.
1) Arjun Kalyan
2) D Gukesh
3) Abhimanyu Mishra
4) Viswanathan Anand
5) Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
Answer-5) Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
The 16-year-old Indian Grandmaster (GM) Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa won the Julius Baer Challengers Chess Tour 2021 finals after defeating Christopher Yoo of the USA.
Top 3 of FIDE (The International Chess Federation) Rankings:
• Carlsen, Magnus (Norway)
• Caruana, Fabiano (USA)
• Ding, Liren (China)
- Who won the Women’s title in the ‘2021 London Marathon’?
1) Joyciline Jepkosgei
2) Jasmin Paris
3) Laura Muir
4) Kalkidan Gezahegne
5) Dina Asher-Smith
Answer-1) Joyciline Jepkosgei
Ethiopia’s Sisay Lemma & Kenya’s Joyciline Jepkosgei won Men’s & Women’s title respectively in the 2021 London Marathon. The London marathon is annually conducted in London, United Kingdom, since its inaugural event in 1981.
i. Olympic 10,000m Silver medalist, Kalkidan Gezahegne (Bahrain) created a new World record timing in 10K race.
- The logo of RBI consists of which animal?
The RBI Act of 1934 established it as the banker for the central government. The official logo of the apex bank includes a palm tree & a tiger.