AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) notified the Customs (Import of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty) Amendment Rules, 2021.
Select are the points that are correct with respect to CBIC and its recent amendment:
A) Imported Goods are permitted for “Job Work”
B) Gold & Precious Stone sector is allowed to import goods at concessional Customs duty
C) “ICEGATE portal” is CBIC new single portal to regulate all registrations
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) Only C
Answer-4) Only A & C
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) notified the Customs (Import of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty) Amendment Rules, 2021.
i.The new amendment permits imported goods to be sent out for ‘job work’, which will benefit the MSME sector.
ii.Importers which do not have manufacturing facilities can avail the IGCR, 2017 to import goods at concessional Customs duty. However, this facility is not applicable for sectors like gold, jewellery, precious stones and metals.
iii.CBIC new single portal to regulate all registrations – “ICEGATE portal”
Chairman – M. Ajit Kumar
Headquarters – New Delhi
- In May 2021, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs announced ______________ as the top implementer of Smart City Mission, that was launched in _________ with a total outlay of Rs. 48,000 crores.
1) Kerala, 2015
2) Gujarat, 2018
3) Maharashtra, 2018
4) Rajasthan, 2018
5) Jharkhand, 2015
Answer-5) Jharkhand, 2015
Jharkhand has clinched the 1st Position among the 36 States & UTs of India based on the progress of implementation of Smart City projects, Rajasthan came second in the rankings. The rankings were released by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
i.Smart City Mission was launched in 2015 with an overlay of INR 48, 000 Crore.
Minister of State (I/C) – Hardeep Singh Puri (Rajya Sabha – UP)
- Which organisation released the “Net Zero by 2050” report that frames a Road map to achieve Net Zero Global Carbon emissions by 2050?
1) International Energy Forum (IEF)
2) International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
3) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
4) International Solar Alliance (ISA)
5) International Energy Agency (IEA)
Answer-5) International Energy Agency (IEA)
According to the report ‘Net Zero by 2050’ released by the International Energy Agency (IEA) – Halting new oil, gas, and coalfields will be key to achieving Net Zero Global Carbon emissions by 2050.
Road map to achieve net-zero global carbon emissions:
No new coal-fired power stations must be built
Increasing the share of Electric Vehicles to 60% by 2030
Executive Director – Dr Fatih Birol
Headquarters – Paris, France
- ___________ released the Global Trade Update (May 2021) that stated India performed better in Imports & Exports in the 1st Quarter of 2021, while global trade is expected to grow by _______ in 2021.
1) World Trade Organization, 24%
2) World Trade Organization, 8%
3) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 16%
4) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, 8%
5) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, 24%
Answer-3) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 16%
According to the Global Trade Update (May 2021) released by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) – India, China, and South Africa performed ‘relatively better’ than other major economies in imports & exports during the 1st Quarter of 2021.
i.The overall forecast for 2021 indicates a 16% growth in Global Trade
ii.Global economy shrank by 4.3% in 2020
iii.UNCTAD is Headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland
- Who was the 1st Indian Woman Mountain Climber to scale Mount Everest in 2021?
1) Gunbala Sharma
2) Baljeet Kaur
3) Tashi Yangjom
4) Shivangi Pathak
5) Malavath Purna
Answer-3) Tashi Yangjom
Mountaineer, Tashi Yangjom from Arunachal Pradesh becomes the 1st Indian Woman Climber to Scale the World’s highest Mountain, Mt Everest (Elevation of 8,849 Metres) in 2021.
- Which company got approval (in May’21) from CCI to acquire 100% shares of YES Asset Management Company?
1) Adani Group
2) GPL Finance and Investments
3) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
4) Aditya Birla Group
5) Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company
Answer-2) GPL Finance and Investments
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of 100% equity shares of YES Asset Management Company (AMC) (India)(YES AMC) and YES Trustee Limited (YES Trustee) by GPL Finance and Investments Limited(GPL). GPL will acquire Yes Mutual Fund and become its sole sponsor.
i.CCI approved the acquisition of the remaining 25% shareholding of Adani Krishnapatnam Port Limited(AKPL) by Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited(APSEZL)
- In May 2021, Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh qualified for the Tokyo Olympics. They represent India in which sport?
1) Water Polo
Indian rowers Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh have qualified for the Tokyo Olympics 2020 in men’s lightweight double sculls event after finishing second in the final race of the Asia/Oceania Continental Qualifying Regatta in Tokyo, Japan and will be the only Indian rowers in Tokyo Olympics.
- What is the utility of the ‘Chhattisgarh Mahtari Dular Yojna’?
1) Health Insurance for Journalists
2) Free ration for Economically backward people
3) Solatium for families of COVID-19 deceased Government employees
4) Solatium for families of COVID-19 deceased Healthcare workers
5) Educational Stipend for childrens of COVID-19 deceased parents
Answer-5) Educational Stipend for childrens of COVID-19 deceased parents
The Chhattisgarh government Launched a new scheme named ‘Chhattisgarh Mahtari Dular Yojna’ through which the government will pay for the education for those children who lost their parents due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Which state launched the “Amrit Vahini” app to enable citizens book hospital beds for COVID-19 treatment?
1) West Bengal
Hemant Soren Chief Minister of Jharkhand launched the ‘Amrit Vahini’ App and Website which enables people to book a hospital bed online. He also launched a “Chatboat App” which can provide all the information related to coronavirus.
- Match the following Mountain ranges with their respective Country:
i. Ural Mountains a. South America
ii. Atlas Mountains b. Russia
iii. Andes Mountains c. Africa
iv. Rocky Mountain d. North America
1) i-d, ii-b, iii-a, iv-c
2) i-b, ii-c, iii-a, iv-d
3) i-a, ii-b, iii-d, iv-c
4) i-d, ii-a, iii-c, iv-b
5) i-b, ii-a, iii-d, iv-c
Answer-2) i-b, ii-c, iii-a, iv-d
Mountain range Location Ural Mountains Russia Atlas Mountains Africa Andes Mountains South America Rocky Mountain North America