AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs May 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 20 May 2020
- How many cities has got 5-star rating in star rating of garbage free cities list 2019-20 released by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
5) 18Answer-2) 6
Hardeep Singh(S) Puri, Minister of State (Independent/Charge) of Ministry Of Housing and Urban Affairs(MOHUA) announced the results of the Star Rating of Garbage Free Cities, for the assessment year 2019-2020, where 6 Cities(Ambikapur, Rajkot, Surat, Mysuru, Indore and Navi Mumbai) were rated 5 Star, 65 Cities rated 3 Star and 70 Cities rated 1 Star out of 141 cities & also launched the revised protocol for the Star Rating of Garbage Free Cities.
- What is the grant that was provided by India to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) to support the Palestinian refugees (May 2020)?
1) $ 3 million
2) $ 4 million
3) $ 2 million
4) $ 1 million
5) $ 5 millionAnswer-3) $ 2 million
India provides 2 million USD (Rs 15 crore) to support the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) to support the Palestinian refugees for its programme and services like education and healthcare in the COVID-19 situation.
- The Indian army has proposed ____ year stints for citizens including youth professionals to join as officers and other ranks in army under “Tour of Duty”.
5) 10Answer-1) 3
There are many who want to be a “personnel in uniform” and experience the military life but did not want a full career in the Army. For them, in a game changer move, our Indian army is considering a proposal to allow civilians, including young working professionals, to join the force for 3 years as officers and in other ranks (ORs) in areas like logistics and front-line formations under the “Tour of Duty” or “Three-Year Short Service” Scheme.
- Name the Indian state/UT which has initiated measures under “Samagra Shiksha programme” to facilitate students access to education through technological interventions recently (May 2020).
3) Jammu & Kashmir
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
In Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), the Union territory (UT) administration has initiated a slew of measures under “Samagra Shiksha programme” to facilitate students with complete access to education through technological interventions and other viable means in wake of COVID-19 lockdown.
- Punjab government has promulgated ‘The Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020’ recently. Who is the governor of Punjab?
1) Phagu Chauhan
2) Kalraj Mishra
3) Ramesh Bais
4) Jagdeep Dhankhar
5) VP Singh BadnoreAnswer-5) VP Singh Badnore
Punjab government (govt) promulgated ‘The Punjab Good Conduct Prisoners (Temporary Release) Amendment Ordinance, 2020’. As per new provisions, the temporary release of the prisoners has been allowed beyond the maximum period of 16 weeks in a calendar year. Punjab Governor– Vijayender Pal Singh Badnore.
- Uttar Pradesh government has presented the largest ever budget of Rs 5.12 lakh crores in state assembly recently. Who is the CM of UP?
1) Vijay Rupani
2) Shivraj Singh Chouhan
3) Manohar Lal Khattar
4) Yogi Adityanath
5) Kamal NathAnswer-4) Yogi Adityanath
Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna presented the Uttar Pradesh(UP) government’s largest ever budget of Rs 5,12,860.72 crores for FY 2020-21 which estimates total receipts of 5,00,558 crores(Rs 4,22,567 crores- revenue and Rs 77,990 crores-capital receipts) & a deficit of Rs 12,302 crores. Yogi Adityanath is the CM of UP.
- Name the country which has approved the new political map which includes India’s Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura under its territory.
5) NepalAnswer-5) Nepal
Amidst the border dispute with India, Nepal’s cabinet has accepted a new political map showing Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura under its territory. i.India and Nepal are at a dispute after the Indian side released its new political map on 2 November 2019, which covers above three areas in Indian territory.
- What is the amount that was extended by NABARD to co-operative banks and regional rural banks as special liquidity facility recently?
1) 20,000 cr
2) 20,500 cr
3) 25,500 cr
4) 25,000 cr
5) 27,500 crAnswer-2) 20,500 cr
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD) has informed that it has extended Rs 20,500 crores special liquidity facility to co-operative banks(co-op– Rs 15,200 crores) and Regional Rural Banks(RRB’s– Rs 5,300 crores) in various States. This is against the Rs 5,000 crores lent during the 1st quarter of 2019.
- As per US based Goldman Sachs, what is the % contract in Indian economy in FY21?
5) 4.5%Answer-1) 5%
American brokerage Goldman Sachs expects the Indian economy to contract by 5% in FY21, which will be the deepest compared to all recessions India has ever experienced since 1979. It is against its earlier forecast of 0.4% contraction before revising it down to a level it shares with Japanese brokerage Nomura.
- Name the person who has been honored with 2019 Alexander Dalrymple Award from UK.
2) Akshay Kumar
3) Karambir Singh
4) Vinay Badhwar
5) Vijay ShankarAnswer-4) Vinay Badhwar
The National Hydrographer to the Government of India, Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar is honored with the 2019 Alexander Dalrymple Award. The award was first presented in 2006 by the UK Ministry of Defence sponsored UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) named after the first Hydrographer of the Admiralty, Alexander Dalrymple.
- The National Hydrographer to the Government of India, Vice Admiral Vinay Badhwar is honored with the 2019 Alexander Dalrymple Award. The award was first presented in 2006 by the UK Ministry of Defence sponsored UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) named after the first Hydrographer of the Admiralty, Alexander Dalrymple.
2) Bipin Rawat
3) TN Manoharan
4) D B Shekatkar
5) Vijay KumarAnswer-4) D B Shekatkar
Government has accepted and implemented 3 important recommendations of the Committee of Experts(CoE) under the Chairmanship of Lieutenant General D B Shekatkar (Retd) relating to border Infrastructure so as to speed up road construction, which leads to socio-economic development in the border areas.
- Name the multinational company which has acquired Ahmedabad based AI startup Byte Prophecy.
4) Tech Mahindra
5) AccentureAnswer-5) Accenture
Accenture plc (stylised as Accenture), an Irish-domiciled multinational professional services company, has acquired Ahmedabad (Gujarat)-based AI (Artificial Intelligence) startup Byte Prophecy for an undisclosed sum.
- Which zone of railways has developed the robot “Rail-BOT (R-BOT)” to assist railway doctors?
1) South Central
5) South EasternAnswer-1) South Central
South Central Railway (SCR) zone developed a robotic device, “RAIL-BOT” (R-BOT) to assist in hospital management functions towards patient care in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak.The robot provide medicines, medical accessories & to serve food to the patients, without any need for physical contact. This will enable doctors, nurses and other support medical staff to stay away from the risk of contracting infections.
- Name the company which has developed India’s 1st service robots named as “Sona 1.5 and Sona .5” to help health workers.
1) Sigma Data
2) Club first
5) Dew SolutionsAnswer-2) Club first
Jaipur-based company ‘Club First’ has developed India’s first service robots named as “Sona 1.5 and Sona .5”to help health workers in conducting a thermal screening of the people amid COVID-19 crisis.The robot which is 95 per cent made in India is the first in the world to be based on spine technology.
- Name the person who heads the ICC cricket committee which has recommended the ban of using saliva to shine the ball.
1) Rahul Dravid
2) Kumar Sangakkara
3) Ricky Ponting
4) Stephen Fleming
5) Anil KumbleAnswer-5) Anil Kumble
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket Committee, chaired by former Indian cricketer & commentator, Anil Kumble has recommended a ban on the use of saliva to make the ball shine due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. However, the committee considered ball-shining as safe from the use of sweat.
- Ratnakar Matkari who passed away recently is the veteran writer in which among the following language?
5) GujaratiAnswer-4) Marathi 4) Marathi
Veteran Marathi writer, playwright, actor, director and Producer Ratnakar Matkari passed away at 81 in a hospital at suburban Marol, Mumbai. Last week he was tested positive to coronavirus. He was born on 17th November 1938 in Mumbai, India.
- Sai Gundekar who passed away recently is renowned _______.
4) Freedom Fighter
5) LawyerAnswer-3) Actor
Actor Sai Gundekar passed away at the age of 42 years due to brain cancer in the United States(U.S), who was known for his appearances in shows like Survivor and Splitsvilla, as well as acting in films PK and Rock On!.
- What is the number of species of amphibians that was listed as critically endangered and endangered by Zoological survey of India?
5) 5&25Answer-3) 20&35
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) updated the checklist of Indian amphibians, a list of 20 species as critically endangered and 35 species as endangered on its website compiled by research scientists, K P Dinesh from ZSI’s western regional centre at Pune, C Radhakrishnan from Calicut, B H Chennakeshavamurthy from ZSI, Calicut, P Deepak form Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru and Nirmal Kulkarni from the Mhadei Research Centre, Goa.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) has developed 3D tools to combat COVID-19 in May 2020?
5) MohaliAnswer-1) Guwahati
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research – Guwahati (NIPER-G) have come out with two products of help in the fight against the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19. The first product is a 3D-printed hands-free object that could be used to help open or close doors, windows, drawers (both vertical and horizontal), and refrigerator handle, or press elevator buttons, and laptop/desktop keyboards, including turning the switch buttons on/off.
- Bundesliga of which country has become the world 1st major sports event to resume after effect of COVID-19 pandemic?
5) GermanyAnswer-5) Germany
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 4.3 million people, and spreading across 215 countries. The Premier League is eyeing a resumption date while the German Football Association has set the restart date for Bundesliga and DFB Pokal behind closed doors after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead last week. It will be the first league to return after lockdown in Europe. LaLiga and Serie A have announced clubs can return to training with players working out individually.
- Name the country which is going to convert one of the world’s last horse serving cavalry into regular armored regiment.
1) United States
5) United KingdomAnswer-3) India
One of the world’s last remaining horse-mounted cavalry regiments may be riding into the sunset. The Indian Army’s only mounted cavalry regiment is set to say goodbye to its horses, with the government approving a proposal to equip the 61st Cavalry with tanks, two senior officers said on condition of anonymity.
- The HQ of Zoological survey of India is located in which city?
2) New Delhi
5) PatnaAnswer-1) Kolkata
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), founded on 1 July 1916 by Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organisation in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration and research of the fauna in the country. The HQ of ZSI is located at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- What is the capital of Nepal?
5) DhakaAnswer-4) Kathmandu
The capital and currency of Nepal is located at Kathmandu and Nepalese rupee respectively.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification