AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country’s Navy participated (in Mar’21) with Indian Navy in a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) at the Persian Gulf region as a part of ‘Operation Sankalp’?
3) United Arab Emirates
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-1) Bahrain
On March 17, 2021, the Indian Navy & Royal Bahrain Naval Force (RBNF) undertook Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the Persian Gulf under ‘Operation Sankalp’. From India’s side ‘INS Talwar’ Warship took part in the exercise.
“Operation Sankalp” is conducted by Indian Navy along with Gulf Countries, after the June 2019 attack on Merchant ship at Gulf of Oman.
PASSEXs are conducted regularly by the Indian Navy with units of friendly foreign navies.
- Which organisation signed (in Mar’21) an MoU with Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) to boost export of agro products?
1) National Institute of MSME
2) National Small Industries Corporation
5) Mudra BankAnswer-2) National Small Industries Corporation
On 17th March 2021, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry signed an MoU with the National Small Industries Corporation Ltd (NSIC) under the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprise(MoMSMEs). The MoU focuses on gaining export potential of agricultural & processed food products manufactured by MSMEs.
- Which country’s Foreign Minister visited (in Mar’21) India, where it was decided to establish a Joint Ministerial Commission at the level of Foreign Ministers?
3) United Arab Emirates
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-4) Kuwait
Kuwait’s Foreign Minister Ahmed Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Sabah paid a 2-day visit to India from March 17-18, 2021. During the meeting with External Affairs Minister, the countries released a Joint Statement on the establishment of a Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) at the level of Foreign Ministers. JCM will be co-chaired by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kuwait & India.
Kuwait was the 10th Largest Oil Supplier to India.
- Name the initiative that was launched (in Mar’21) jointly by India & US during the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)?
1) India U.S. Cyber Security (IUSCS)
2) U.S. India Internet of Things Forum (USIIoT)
3) U.S. India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI)
4) India U.S. Information Analysis System (IUSIAS)
5) U.S. India Blockchain Forum (USIBF)Answer-3) U.S. India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI)
On March 17, 2021, India & United States (US) has launched the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum’s U.S. India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI) initiative during the launch ceremony organized by Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF). It will serve as a platform to discuss opportunities, challenges, and barriers for bilateral Artificial Intelligence(AI) Research & Development(R&D) collaboration.
- Which organisation recently (in Mar’21) signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to empower school students with Cloud computing skills?
5) Amazon Web ServicesAnswer-5) Amazon Web Services
On March 18, 2021, A Statement of Intent (SoI) was signed between The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, and Amazon Internet Services Private Ltd (AISPL), a local legal Indian entity of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This is aimed at empowering school students with cloud computing skills, & enabling entrepreneurs to build innovative education technology (EdTech) solutions through AWS EdStart and AWS Educate.
- Which organisation launched ‘Sahi Disha’ campaign that highlights the issues faced towards Job accessibility by Indian rural women?
2) UN Women
3) Ministry of Women and Child Development
4) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
5) International Labour OrganizationAnswer-1) UNDP
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) launched ‘Sahi Disha’ campaign to celebrate the livelihoods and entrepreneurship of women in rural India. The campaign aims to highlight the issues that affect the rural women’s opportunity to access jobs, livelihood and to establish enterprises to become self-reliant.
Disha initiative is a 5-year partnership between UNDP and IKEA Foundation. Aimed at helping 1 million underprivileged women in India to learn marketable skills.
- What was India’s position among the top 10 nations in Market Capitalization, as per Bloomberg report released in March 2021?
5) 7thAnswer-4) 8th
As per Bloomberg’s recent data on Market capitalization, India remained at the 8th position among the top 10 nations with a market capitalization of $2.8 trillion. US, China & Canada were the Top 3 countries.
India’s benchmark Sensex surged 78% so far this fiscal year and became the best performer among the top 10 nations.
- Who was appointed as the Director General of National Security Guard (NSG) in March 2021?
1) MA Ganapathy
2) Krishnaswamy Natarajan
3) Kuldiep Singh
4) AP Maheshwari
5) Surjeet Singh DeswalAnswer- 1) MA Ganapathy
On 16th March 2021, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of M. A. Ganapathy, 1986 batch IPS officer as the Director-General(DG) of National Security Guard(NSG). He serves as the DG of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security(BCAS). He will be serving as DG of NSG till February 2024.
- Samia Suluhu Hassan, was recently (in Mar’21) elected to become the 1st Women President of ___________.
5) KosovoAnswer-1) Tanzania
On March 19, 2021, Samia Suluhu Hassan, was sworn in as Tanzania’s first woman President by succeeding John Magufuli at the State House in Dar es Salaam, which is the country’s largest city. She is 2nd female president in East Africa.
- Who was the 1st Indian Table Tennis player to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics?
1) Manika Batra
2) Achanta Sharath Kamal
3) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
4) Mouma Das
5) Anthony AmalrajAnswer-2) Achanta Sharath Kamal
Achanta Sharath Kamal, an Indian table tennis player, win over Muhammad Rameez (Pakistan) in the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament held in Doha, Qatar and became the first Indian Paddler to qualify for the Tokyo Olympic Games. This marks the 4th appearance of Kamal at the Olympic games.
He was honoured with Padma Shri in 2019.