AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 March 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian Railways targeted to electrify all the Broad Gauge (BG) routes by _________.
1) December 2023
2) August 2022
3) March 2021
4) January 2023
5) April 2022Answer-1) December 2023
Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal informed that Indian Railway (IR) Ministry plans to electrify all broad gauge (BG) routes by December 2023.
- Name the Indian state which cancelled the reservation in promotion for state government employees (in March 2020).
5) HaryanaAnswer-2) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand government cancelled reservation in promotion for state government employees. The order of the state government stated that it has abolished the promotion ban dated September 11, 2019 according to the Supreme Court decision.
- Which Indian state/UT, has sanctioned Health scheme to provide free cost of Universal Health Coverage Rs. 5 Lakh under AB-PMJAY scheme?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Jammu & Kashmir
4) New Delhi
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Jammu & Kashmir
The Jammu & Kashmir (J&K), Union Territory (UT) administration has sanctioned J&K Health Scheme to provide free cost of Universal Health Coverage of Rs 5 lakh as health insurance to all the residents of UT in convergence with Ayushman Bharat- PMJAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). The decision was taken by the administrative council under the chairmanship of J&K Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu.
- What is the approved fund under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) – PMAY (U) (till March 2020) as per MoHUA?
1) 3.89 Lakh Crore
2) 6.16 Lakh Crore
3) 2.48 Lakh Crore
4) 7.96 Lakh Crore
5) 5.76 Lakh CroreAnswer-2) 6.16 Lakh Crore
Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs independent charge (I/C), Civil Aviation (I/C) and Minister of state of Commerce & Industry, Hardeep Singh Puri stated that Rs 6.16 lakh crore (trillion) has been approved so far under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)– PMAY(U).
- According to Government Data, as of March 17, 2020, a financial benefit under PM-KISAN has been released to 8,69,79,391 Indian beneficiaries, who is the present Union Minister for Agriculture in India?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Amit ShahAnswer-2) Narendra Singh Tomar
According to Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar, As of March 17, 2020, a financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) has been released to 8 Crore 69 lakh 79 thousand 391 Indian beneficiaries. The funds are transferred directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries identified by the State Governments and are not released State-wise.
- Find the messaging app which launched Coronavirus information hub in partnership with WHO-UNICEF-UNDP and donated $1million to International Fast-Checking Network (IFCN) to avoid fake information about the disease.
5) ViberAnswer-3) Whatsapp
Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp launched the “WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Hub” globally, in partnership with WHO (World Health Organization), UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and UNDP (United Nations Development Programme). WhatsApp also donated $1 million dollars to Poynter Institute’s International Fast-Checking Network (IFCN) in order to avoid fake information about the disease.
- Name the private sector bank which entered into partnership with Bharati AXA insurance company to roll out insurance plan covering covid-19.
1) DBS Bank India
2) RBL Bank India
3) CU Bank India
4) KV Bank India
5) SCO Bank IndiaAnswer-1) DBS Bank India
DBS Bank India Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of DBS (Development Bank of Singapore) Bank Ltd, has entered into the partnership with Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd to launch a complimentary insurance for customers of DBS treasures. The plan covers all medical conditions including Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), under which a cover of Rs 5000 per day is available for a period of 30 days if DBS customers are hospitalized for 10 days.
- Find the Payment Bank in India, which is going to issue Visa virtual debit card to its customers.
1) Paytm Payments Bank
2) Fino Payments Bank
3) Airtel Payments Bank
4) Jio Payments Bank
5) NSDL Payments BankAnswer-1) Paytm Payments Bank
After Rupay debit cards Paytm Payments Bank Limited PPBL) announced to issue Visa virtual debit cards to its customers. PPBL targets to issue over 10 million new digital debit cards in 2020-21. This issue will enable the customers to transact at all merchants who accept payments through cards. They can make international transactions using the card.
- How much amount the RBI is going to infuse through Open Market Operation (OMO) to maintain liquidity in banking system (on March 20, 2020)?
1) 5,000 Crores
2) 25,000 Crores
3) 50,000 Crores
4) 10,000 Crores
5) 1,00,000 CroresAnswer-4) 10,000 Crores
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is all set to infuse ₹10,000 crore liquidity in the banking system by buying government securities through open market operations (OMO) on March 20, 2020. The securities will be purchased through a multi-security auction using the multiple price method with tenor between two and five years. RBI will offer to buy four set of sovereign papers maturing between February 2022 and May 2025.
- To which Indian company, RBI has extended the validity of authorisation for setting up, own and operate WLA (White Label ATMs) till March 31, 2021?
1) BTI Payments Ltd
2) Vakrangee Ltd
3) Hitachi Ltd
4) Communications solutions Ltd
5) Indicash LtdAnswer-2) Vakrangee Ltd
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the validity of Authorization to Vakrangee Limited till March 31, 2021 to setup, own and operates the White Label ATMs (WLA) Business in India. In this regard, Renewal of Authorization has been granted to Vakrangee Limited.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed a MoU with Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC for better synergy with this organization for the development of agriculture. APEDA is established under which Indian ministry?
1) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
2) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
3) Ministry of Agriculture
4) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
5) Ministry of Commerce and IndustryAnswer-5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC). This MoU aims for better synergy with this organization for the development of agriculture, allied sectors and its exports for bringing better value to the stakeholders. The APEDA established under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya the Ex-chairman of SBI resigns from the CRISIL board. Where is the Headquarters of Credit rating agency CRSIL located at?
1) New Delhi
5) MumbaiAnswer-5) Mumbai
Arundhati Bhattacharya, Former chairman of State Bank of India, submitted the resignation as an independent director of the company effective from April 15. She will take charge as a chairperson and CEO for the India operations of Salesforce, USA from April 20. The Headquarters of CRISIL located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Who among the following Indian Umpires (Women) are being part of International panel of ICC Development panel?
1) Vrinda Rathi
2) GS Lakshmi
3) Janani Narayanan
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Janani Narayanan from Tamil Nadu (TN) and Vrinda Rathi from Mumbai were named in the International Panel of ICC (International Cricket Council) Development Umpires. After the inclusion of Janani and Vrinda, the count of females from India in ICC panel becomes 3 after the appointment of GS Lakshmi as the International Panel of Match Referees. The women officials across the ICC panel consists of 12 members.
- Name the country which is going to host virtual G20 summit to formulate coordinated response to COVID-19 pandemic and its human implications.
4) Saudi Arabia
5) AustriaAnswer-4) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has accepted India’s proposal to hold a virtual conference of G20 member nations to figure out a coordinated response to tackle the economic implications of COVID-19 during a telephone conversation between Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Which Indian Automobile Company acquires 19% additional stake in NBFB-Hinduja Leyland Finance Limited (HLFL) for Rs. 1200 crores?
1) Bajaj Allianz
2) Tata Motors
3) Maruti Suzuki
4) Ashok Leyland
5) Mahindra & MahindraAnswer-4) Ashok Leyland
Ashok Leyland Ltd (ALL), an Indian automobile company, has decided to acquire upto 19% additional equity shares in Hinduja Leyland Finance Ltd (HLFL), the Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) part of Hinduja group, from the existing shareholders, in tranches, for a consideration of up to Rs1,200 crore.
- The Defence Acquisition council (DAC) has approved the procurement of 83 Tejas Mark -1A jets from which company for the Indian Air Force (IAF) to boost ‘Make in India’ programme.
1) Indian Rotorcraft
2) Raj Hamsa Ultralights
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
4) Anand Technologies
5) Mahindra AerospaceAnswer-3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) under the chairmanship of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the procurement of 83 Tejas Mark-1A jets from HAL for the Indian Air Force (IAF), marking a boost to the government’s flagship “Make in India” programme. The proposal will now be sent for consideration of Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS).
- Cricketer Andrew Malcolm Ellis who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
2) South Africa
5) New ZealandAnswer-5) New Zealand
New Zealand (NZ) all-rounder Andrew Malcolm Ellis (37) announced his retirement from Canterbury cricket after 18 years of his career. After Ross Taylor he became the 2nd player in NZ to play over 100 games in each format.
- Roger Mayweather who passed away recently is ___________.
4) Snooker Player
5) Tennis PlayerAnswer-3) Boxer
The former world champion boxer and trainer, Roger Mayweather passed away on 18th March 2020 at the age of 58 due to health-related illness. Roger Mayweather won the world champion boxer title in two weight classes.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the Headquarters of UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) located at? Answer-New York, US
- Under which act the White Label ATMs (WLA) operators are authorised? Answer-Payment & Settlement Systems Act, 2007
- Who is the present Chairman of Paytm Payments bank (March 2020)? Answer-Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Who is the present CEO of ICC (March 2020)? Answer-Manu Sawhney
- Military Exercise African Lion is conducted between? Answer-United States & Morocco
As per the reports, the 2020 US-Morocco joint military exercises “African Lion” will see parts of the training operations taking place in Senegal, Tunisia, and Spain. African Lion is scheduled from March 23 to April 3 for the year 2020 but now the US Africa Command (AFRICOM) have decided to postpone the exercise due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is the Capital and Currency of New Zealand? Answer-Capital – Wellington & Currency – NZ Dollar
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/march-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try March Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]