AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 20 June 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- In which state, the Wihu Kuh festival celebrated by the Tangsa, a tribal community, in June 2023?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MeghalayaAnswer-3) Arunachal Pradesh
Tangsa, the traditional tribal community of Arunachal Pradesh (AP) celebrated the annual festival ‘Wihu Kuh’ in June 2023.
• Wihu Kuh, translating to “paddy transplantation festival”, marks the beginning of the agricultural season and a cultural exhibition that enclose the spirit of the Tangsa people.
• This festival is a time of labour and hope, it is also a period of happiness, as the tribe welcomes the prospect of an abundant harvest.
i. Tangsa tribe is a collective of sub-tribes each with their distinct dialect and customs, reside primarily in the Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh and across the border in the Sagaing region of Myanmar, Burma.
- According to the ‘Food Outlook Biannual Report On Global Food Markets’ released by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations in June, 2023, the global food bill was expected to rise to ________ in 2023, up 1.5% from 2022.
1) USD 5.10 trillion
2) USD 4.19 trillion
3) USD 3.86 trillion
4) USD 1.98 trillion
5) USD 2.21 trillionAnswer-4) USD 1.98 trillion
According to the ‘Food Outlook Biannual Report On Global Food Markets’ report released by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, on June 15, 2023, the global food bill was expected to rise to USD (United States Dollar) 1.98 trillion in 2023, up 1.5% from 2022. It rose by 11% in 2022 and 18% in 2021.
• The food imports by most vulnerable countries are expected to decline in 2023 due to higher quotations for fruits, vegetables, sugar and dairy products, dampening demand.
i. The world food import bill was forecasted to reach a record high in 2023 and the food imports by advanced economies are continuing to increase.
ii. The import bill for the group of Least Developed Countries (LDCs) is predicted to decline by 1.5% in 2023 and that for net food-importing developing countries (NFIDCs) to decline by 4.9 percent.
- Which company has recently (in June ‘23) launched the ‘Indian Languages Programme’ to support local news publishers in India?
4) Tata Consultancy Services
5) WiproAnswer-2) Google
Google has launched the ‘Indian Languages Programme‘ under the Google News Initiative (GNI), to support local news publishers in India improve their digital operations and reach more readers.
i. The program aims to empower publishers with various tools and best practices to enhance their user experience and revenue generation.
ii. It will include series and virtual workshops on Core Web Vitals, website optimisation, News Consumer Insights (NCI), YouTube.
- In June 2023, the Ministry of Culture has named __________ as an awardee of Gandhi Peace Prize for 2021.
1) Gita Press, Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh)
2) Ekal Abhiyan Trust, Kolkata (West Bengal)
3) Bharat India Press, Noida (Uttar Pradesh)
4) Akshaya Patra Foundation, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
5) Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari (Tamil Nadu)Answer-1) Gita Press, Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh)
The Ministry of Culture has named Gita Press, Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh), a publishing house, as an awardee of Gandhi Peace Prize for 2021 in recognition of the work done by the institution in community service. This decision has been taken after due deliberations by the jury headed by Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi.
i. Gita Press is one of the largest publishers of religious texts such as the Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana and the Upanishads.
ii. Gita Press is one of the world’s largest publishers, having published 41.7 crore books in 14 languages, including 16.21 crore Bhagavad Gita. The year 2023 marked its 100 year of establishment (Centenary year).
- Who has been recently (in June ‘23) appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)?
1) Atul Baburao Patil
2) Rajan Kanwar
3) Neeraja Adidam
4) Poonam Sharma
5) U SaravananAnswer-5) U Saravanan
U Saravanan was appointed as the Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of National Fertilizers Limited (NFL), Schedule ‘A’ & a Mini Ratna (Category-I) Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (MoC&F), with effect from 16th June 2023 till the date of his superannuation (31st January 2027).
i. Prior to the appointment, he was serving as the CMD of Madras Fertilizers Limited (MFL), a CPSU under MoC&F. He has also served as the Director (Technical) at MFL.
- Name the Insurance company that has recently (in June ‘23) acquired a 2.99% equity stake in Capital Small Finance Bank (CSFB) for a total consideration of Rs. 49.50 crore.
1) Max Life Insurance
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) HDFC Life InsuranceAnswer-1) Max Life Insurance
Max Life Insurance Company Limited (Max Life) has acquired a 2.99% equity stake in Capital Small Finance Bank (CSFB), which is headquartered in Jalandhar, Punjab. The acquisition was made for a total consideration of Rs. 49.50 crore.
i. Max Life has been allotted 10.5 lakh equity shares of CSFB of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 458 per equity share.
ii. The strategic investment will increase CSFB’s Capital Adequacy Ratio(CAR) by over 1% to 20.77%.
- In June 2023, SpaceX successfully deployed a new communications satellite of _________ (country) named SATRIA-1 to geosynchronous transfer orbit.
5) IsraelAnswer-3) Indonesia
SpaceX (Space Exploration Technologies Corporation) successfully deployed a new Indonesian communications satellite named SATRIA-1 (Satellite of the Republic of Indonesia) to geosynchronous transfer orbit.
i. SATRIA-1 will be operated for the Indonesian Government by the Indonesian company Pasifik Satelit Nusantara (PSN) into orbit.
ii. SATRIA-1 telecommunications satellite lifted off atop SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida, the United States of America (USA).
iii. SATRIA-1 is a 4.6-metric ton (10,100-pound) spacecraft, which provides about 150 billion bits (gigabits, Gb) per second of communications, which is three times the capacity of the nine telecommunication satellites that Indonesia currently use.
- Which of the following points is/are “correct” with respect to the Kapal Api Group Indonesia Open 2023 held in June 2023?
A) Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) won his 3rd consecutive Men’s Singles Title by winning the men’s singles title at Indonesia 2023.
B) Chen Yufei(China) won the Women’s Singles Title by defeating Carolina Marin(Spain).
C) Indian badminton players Chirag Shetty and Kidambi Srikanth won the Men’s doubles title at the Indonesia Open 2023 by defeating Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik from Japan.
1) Only A
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-2) Only A & B
Indian badminton players Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy (World no 5) won the Men’s doubles title at the Kapal Api Group Indonesia Open 2023 (Indonesia Open 2023) by defeating 2022 world champions Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik (World no 3) from Malaysia.
• This was Satwik-Chirag’s first ever men’s doubles title at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Tour Super 1000 event and they also became the 1st doubles pair from India to win a title at Super 1000 event.
i. Kapal Api Group Indonesia Open 2023, 41st edition of the Indonesia Open, was held from 13-18th June 2023 in Gelora Bung Karno Sports complex in Jakarta, Indonesia.
• 2022 world champion Viktor Axelsen (World no1) of Denmark, won the men’s singles title at Indonesia 2023, defeating Anthony Sinisuka Ginting(World no 2) from Indonesia and this mark’s Viktor Axelsen’s 3rd consecutive Men’s singles title at the Indonesia Open. He previously won the title in 2021 and 2022.
• Tokyo 2022 Olympics gold medallist Chen Yufei(China) won the Women’s Singles Title defeating Rio 2016 Olympics champion Carolina Marin(Spain).
• Baek Ha Na and Lee So Hee of South Korea won the Women’s Doubles Title defeating Japan’s Yuki Fukushima and Sayaka Hirota.
• Tokyo 2022 Olympic silver medallists Zheng Si Wei and Huang Ya Qiong of China won mixed doubles defeating Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino(Japan).
- Who has recently (in June ‘23) won the Formula 1 (F1) Canadian Grand Prix 2023 held in Montreal, Quebec.
1) George Russell
2) Fernando Alonso
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Charles Leclerc
5) Max VerstappenAnswer-5) Max Verstappen
Dutch-Belgium racing driver Max Verstappen of Red Bull won the Formula 1 (F1) Canadian Grand Prix 2023 (Pirelli Grand Prix Du Canada 2023) title, 9th round of the F1 2023 championships, at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
• Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso finished 2nd and Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton finished 3rd in the Canadian Grand Prix 2023
• This also marks Max Verstappen 41st F1 win, equalling Brazilian Ayrton Senna da Silva’s record in F1. Verstappen and Senna had the fifth-highest wins in F1, while Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton topped with 103 wins in F1 events.
- When was the United Nations (UN) International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 19th June 2023
2) 18th June 2023
3) 17th June 2023
4) 16th June 2023
5) 15th June 2023Answer-1) 19th June 2023
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is annually observed on 19th June across the world to raise awareness of the need to put an end to Conflict-related Sexual Violence (CRSV).
i. 19th June 2023, marks the observance of the 9th official International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.
ii. The first ever International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict was observed in 19th June 2015.
- In which state, the Wihu Kuh festival celebrated by the Tangsa, a tribal community, in June 2023?