AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 20 July 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
- According to the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog)’s Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022 for States and Union Territories(UTs) report released in July 2023, which state has topped the Index with an overall score of 80.89?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer- 1) Tamil Nadu
According to the Export Preparedness Index(EPI) 2022 for States and Union Territories(UTs), the 3rd edition of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) report, Tamil Nadu has topped the Index with an overall score of 80.89.
• Maharashtra with 78.20 at 2nd place, Karnataka with 76.36 at 3rd place and Gujarat with 73.22 at 4th place are the top performers in EPI 2022 in all categories of states. The EPI 2022 was prepared by NITI Aayog in association with the Institute for Competitiveness(IFC).
• Haryana(63.65), Telangana(61.36) and Uttar Pradesh(61.23) are the top performers in landlocked states category.
• Uttarakhand (59.13) has topped among Himalayan States followed by Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram.
• Goa(51.58) has topped among Union Territories followed by Jammu & Kashmir(J&K), Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar and Ladakh.
- Which organisation has recently (in July ‘23) signed an MoU with the Absolute® to jointly strengthen the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
1) Food and Agricultural Organisation India
2) United Nations Development Programme India
3) International Fund for Agriculture Development
4) United Nations Environment Programme India
5) World Food Programme IndiaAnswer-2) United Nations Development Programme India
On 17th July 2023, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India and Absolute®, a bioscience company, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly strengthen the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), Government of India’s crop insurance scheme under the Ministry of Agriculture & Family Welfare (MoA&FW) and enhance the strength of the farmers.
i. To boost the implementation of the PMFBY and the Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (RWBCIS) by building technical capabilities of the scheme and digitising service delivery of crop insurance and agricultural credit processes to increase reach and uptake of the schemes.
- In July 2023, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for the procurement of 26 Rafale Marine aircraft from ______________ (country) to boost the operational capabilities of the Indian Navy.
1) United States of America
5) JapanAnswer-2) France
On 13th July 2023, The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD), granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for the procurement of 26 Rafale Marine aircraft along with associated ancillary equipment, weapons, simulator, spares, documentation, crew training and logistic support for the Indian Navy from the French government.
i. This procurement is based on an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) between India and France and aims to bolster the operational capabilities of the Indian Navy.
ii. The DAC also granted the AoN for procurement of three additional Scorpene submarines under Buy (Indian) category which will be constructed by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).
- Name the ministry that has recently (in July ‘23) launched a free online training programme on Artificial Intelligence (AI), “AI for India 2.0“.
1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
5) Ministry of Electronics and Information TechnologyAnswer-1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
On the occasion of World Youth Skills Day 2023 (15th July 2023), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched a free online training programme on Artificial Intelligence (AI), “AI for India 2.0“.
i. It is a joint initiative of Skill India and Grab Ur Vernacular Imprint (GUVI), an Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad, Gujarat incubated company.
ii. This National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) under the MSDE and IIT Madras accredited online programme will enable the youth of India with frontier skills.
- According to the Henley Passport Index (HPI) 2023 (3rd quarter) released by Henley & Partners in July 2023, India’s passport secured ________ rank in index with 57 visa-free countries, while __________ (country) secured 1st rank as world’s most powerful passport.
1) 84th; Singapore
2) 70th; Spain
3) 80th; Singapore
4) 70th; Italy
5) 80th; GermanyAnswer-3) 80th; Singapore
According to the Henley Passport Index (HPI) 2023 (3rd quarter) released by Henley & Partners, a London-based global citizenship and residence advisory firm, ranked India’s passport at the 80th spot moving it up five places from its position in 2022 providing visa-free or visas on arrival access to 57 countries.
• Singapore is the world’s most powerful passport with visa-free access to 192 travel destinations out of 227 worldwide.
• Afghanistan with a score of 27, Iraq 29 and Syria 30 stands at the bottom of the ranking, rounding out the three weakest passports in the world.
• India’s current rank ties it with countries like Togo and Senegal.
• Indian passport holders still need a visa to enter 177 destinations across the world including China, Japan, Russia, the United States, and the entire European Union.
- Name the 15th edition of India-Mongolia bilateral joint military exercise that commenced at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia in July 2023.
1) Garuda Shakti 2023
2) Sampriti 2023
3) Dharma Guardian 2023
4) Nomadic Elephant 2023
5) Samudra Shakti 2023Answer-4) Nomadic Elephant 2023
Nomadic Elephant 2023, the 15th edition of India-Mongolia bilateral joint military exercise is being conducted at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from 17 to 31 July 2023. The Indian Army contingent of 43 personnel is participating in the exercise in Mongolia.
i. Objective: To build positive military relations, exchange best practices, develop interoperability, companionship, camaraderie and friendship between the two nation armies.
ii. Participants include soldiers from the Indian Army’s Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry Regiment and Unit 084 of the Mongolian Armed Forces.
- Name the company that has recently (in July ‘23) launched India’s First Health Insurance Platform with Monthly Subscriptions.
5) PhonePeAnswer-5) PhonePe
PhonePe Insurance Broking Services Private Limited (PIBS), a wholly owned subsidiary of PhonePe Private Limited, launched the health insurance plans offering comprehensive insurance in partnership with leading insurers.
i. With this launch, PhonePe Insurance became the first and only Platform in India to enable customers to pay for insurance in monthly installments through Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on the PhonePe app.
ii. These health insurance plans come with coverage up to Rs 1 crore.
- In July 2023, Asian Development Bank (ADB) retained India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast at ________ in FY2023.
5) 6.0%Answer-2) 6.4%
Asian Development Outlook (ADO) July 2023: Robust Growth with Moderating Inflation published by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has retained India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast at 6.4% in FY2023 and 6.7% in FY2024, as projected in ADO April 2023.
• The inflation projection for India in FY2023 is reduced slightly from 5.0% in ADO April 2023 to 4.9% and maintained at 4.5% in FY2024.
• This is driven by continued domestic demand that supports India’s recovery.
• The growth in South Asia is projected at 5.5% in 2023 and 6.1% in 2024.
i. Inflation in developing Asia is forecast at 3.6% for FY2023, compared with an April 2023 forecast of 4.2%. The inflation outlook for 2024 is raised to 3.4% from an earlier estimate of 3.3%.
- In July 2023, GQG Partners LLC, acquired a __________ stake in the Patanjali Foods Limited for Rs 2400 crore through the Offer-for-sale (OFS) process.
5) 2.79%Answer- 1) 5.96%
On 14th July 2023, GQG Partners LLC, a Florida (The United States of America)-based asset management firm led by Rajiv Jain, acquired a 5.96% stake (about 2.15 crore shares) in the Patanjali Foods Limited (formerly known as Ruchi Soya Industries Limited), a manufacturer of consumer packaged foods in India, for Rs 2400 crore through the Offer-for-sale (OFS) process initiated by Patanjali Foods.
i. The floor price was kept at Rs 1,000 per share but allotment to non-retail investors was done at a share price of Rs 1,103.80.
- Which state government has recently (in July ‘23) introduced the Minimum Guaranteed Income Bill, 2023 to provide social security to individuals and households?
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) BiharAnswer-3) Rajasthan
On 18th July 2023, Rajasthan cabinet chaired by Chief Minister(CM) Ashok Gehlot introduced the Rajasthan Minimum Guaranteed Income Bill, 2023 aimed to provide social security to individuals and households of Rajasthan.
i. The Bill focuses on 3 main areas such as Right to Minimum Guaranteed Income, Right to Guaranteed Employment and Right to Guaranteed Social Security Pension.
ii. These social security schemes were implemented by the Government of India’s United Progressive Alliance (UPA) through Rights-based Laws such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), Right to Education (RTE) and Food Security Act.