AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is India’s 1st Pod Taxi Service planned to be launched by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority?
1) New Delhi
3) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
India’s 1st Pod taxi service to be launched in Uttar Pradesh (UP) between the upcoming ‘Noida International Airport’(NIA) & the proposed ‘Film city’ in Uttar Pradesh (UP). It is developed by ‘Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority’ (YEIDA).
i.Zurich Airport International AG, the Swiss company, signed a shareholder agreement with Noida International Airport Limited (NIAL) for the development of the NIA in Jewar, UP.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the 2nd Digital Conference & Exhibition on ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat – Self-Reliance for Renewable Energy Manufacturing’.
A) The conference was organised by Confederation of Indian Industry in collaboration with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
B) Due to COVID-19, India announced to shift its target of Paris Agreement to reduce carbon emission to 30% set by 2030 to 2035
C) India will achieve the target of 20% ethanol blending with petrol by 2023-24, and ultimately move to 100% ethanol blending
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) Only C
Answer-1) Only A & C
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the second edition of Digital Conference & Exhibition ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat – Self-Reliance for Renewable Energy Manufacturing’ virtually in collaboration with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) under its RE-INVEST agenda & DPIIT.
i.India will exceed its target of reducing carbon emission to 33% set by 2030 under the Paris agreement.
ii.India will achieve the target of 20% ethanol blending with petrol by 2023-24. While the ultimate target is to have vehicles which can take up to 100% ethanol.
- Which state recently (in July’21) celebrated the monsoon festival – “Shravan Harela festival 2021”?
1) Himachal Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
Shravan Harela festival 2021, an important folk festival celebrated across the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand on 16th July which marks the beginning of the monsoon. The word Harela means “Green Leaves”.
- Name the Country that constructed one of World’s largest floating solar (45-hectare of size) form to power 5 water treatment plants
1) New Zealand
Singapore implemented one of the world’s largest floating solar panel farms, spanning an area equivalent to 45-hectare (111.2 acres) and producing electricity to power the island’s 5 water treatment plants.
- Name the airline that recently (in July’21) became the 1st airline from the Middle East to join IATA Turbulence aware platform
2) Oman Air
3) Qatar Airways
5) Gulf Air
Answer-3) Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways joined the Turbulence Aware platform of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), a data resource to help airlines avoid turbulence. It became the 1st airline from the Middle East to join the IATA Turbulence aware platform which was launched in 2018.
- In July 2021, ____________ introduced a new standard with _______ Expected Loss based Rating Scale for the Credit Rating Agencies.
1) RBI; 7 level
2) SEBI; 7 level
3) SEBI; 5 level
4) SEBI; 6 level
5) RBI; 5 level
Answer-2) SEBI; 7 level
To protect the interest of investors in securities, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has introduced a new standardised Expected Loss (EL) based Rating Scale for the Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs).
i.The EL-based rating symbols and their definitions provided by the CRAs were divided into a scale of 7 levels, spanning from lowest to highest expected loss.
- What are the points that are correctly related to the 74th Cannes Film Festival 2021?
A) Spike Lee served as Jury President of 2021’s Cannes Film Festival, that was held annually at Cannes, France
B) ‘Night of Knowing Nothing’ directed by India’s Payal Kapadia won the Oeil d’or (Golden Eye) award for best documentary at the Film Festival.
C) “Palme d’Or”, the biggest award of the festival, was won by Jane Campion for “The Piano”
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) Only C
Answer-3) Only A & B
The 74th Cannes Film Festival 2021 was held from July 6-17, 2021 at Palais des Festivals et des Congrès Convention Center in Cannes, France.
i.American director & Screenwriter Spike Lee served as Jury President of Cannes Film Festival 2021.
ii.‘Night of Knowing Nothing’ directed by India’s Payal Kapadia won the Oeil d’or (Golden Eye) award for best documentary at the Film Festival.
iii.“Palme d’Or”, the biggest award of the festival, was won by Julia Ducournau for ‘Titane’.
- In July 2021, Cleopas Dlamini became the new Prime Minister of which country?
Mswati III, the King of Eswatini and the head of the Swazi Royal Family has appointed Cleopas Dlamini as the new Prime Minister(PM) of Eswatini (commonly known as Swaziland), Africa’s only remaining absolute monarchy.
Prime Minister– Cleopas Dlamini
Capital– Mbabane & Lobamba
Currency– South African Rand & Swazi Lilangeni
- In July 2021, Saad Hariri resigned from the office of Prime Minister (PM) after failing to form a Government. He previously served as the PM of which country?
Lebanon Prime Minister (PM)-designate ‘Saad Hariri’ resigned due to an intense political crisis and inability to form a government.
Capital – Beirut
President – Michel Aoun
Currency – Lebanese pound
- In July 2021, _____________ launched ‘Kala Vishwa’ – a virtual platform for ______________
1) Indian Council for Cultural Relations; Folk Artists
2) Centre for Cultural Resources & Training; Folk Artists
3) National School of Drama; Classical Artists
4) Centre for Cultural Resources & Training; Classical Artists
5) Indian Council for Cultural Relations; Classical Artists
Answer-1) Indian Council for Cultural Relations; Folk Artists
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) launched a new Virtual Platform called ‘Kala Vishwa’ to reach out to traditional folk artists, local artists/artisans. It was launched from ICCR’s Mumbai Centre.