AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs January 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 20 January 2021
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is India’s 1st Labour Movement Museum located?
5) JamshedpurAnswer-4) Alappuzha
India’s First Labour Movement Museum which showcases the history of the World Labour Movement is set to be launched in Kerala’s houseboat tourism hub, Alappuzha, Kerala. The museum has been constructed with a budget of INR 9.95 crores & 97% of renovations works in the museum have been completed. It will portray pictures, documents & other exhibits which shaped the growth of the labour movement across the world & Alappuzha, which is the cradle of the Labour movement in India.
- Which of the following is the bike ambulance, that was developed by Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS) for CRPF?
4) Sagar Kavach
5) RakshitaAnswer-5) Rakshita
On January 18, 2021, a bike-based casualty transport emergency vehicle (bike ambulance) namely ‘Rakshita’ was handed over by Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS) to Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) during a ceremony held at CRPF Headquarter in New Delhi. Rakshita has an integrated emergency medical support system with air splint, medical and oxygen kit. It is fitted with a customized reclining Casualty Evacuation Seat (CES), which can be fitted in and taken out as per requirement. The patient can be monitored on the dashboard mounted LCD.
- Which state announced the allotment of 7, 219 Fair Price Shops (FPS) across the state under its ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karoobaar Mission’?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-5) Punjab
Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Amarinder Singh started the allotment of 7, 219 Fair Price Shops (FPS) across the state under the ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar te Karoobaar Mission’. The allotment of FPS will help in improving the economic condition of people & will strengthen the Public Distribution System (PDS). Around 30, 000 people are expected to benefit because of the scheme. Since the inception of the scheme in 2017, the State Government has facilitated more than 15 Lakh Placements/self-employment.
- Recently in January 2021, Padma Vibushan awardee Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan passed away. He was a ______ musician.
4) Hindustani classical
5) ThumriAnswer-4) Hindustani classical
On January 17, 2021 Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan, Legendary Indian classical vocalist and musician passed away at the age of 89 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was a renowned vocalist and musician of Rampur-Sahaswan Gharana of Hindustani classical music. He was born on March 3, 1931 in Badaun in Uttar Pradesh. He is a recipient of Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and finally in 2018 received Padma Vibushan.
- Recently in January 2021, Padma awardee Dr V Shanta passed away. She was India’s renowned ___________.
5) NeurologistAnswer-2) Oncologist
On January 19, 2021 Dr V Shanta, a renowned Indian oncologist and chairman of Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai, TamilNadu passed away at the age of 93 in Chennai. She is the recipient of Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibushan. She was born on 11th March 1927, at Mylapore, Chennai. She received many national and international awards including Padma Shri in 1986, Padma Bhushan in 2006 and Padma Vibhushan in 2016 for Medicine. She also received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2005.
- Which state government delivers medicines for senior citizens through its flagship project “Karunya at Home”?
5) RajasthanAnswer-1) Kerala
On January 15, 2021, Kerala Finance Minister Thomas Isaac presented the State Budget for the Financial Year (FY) 2021-22. Funds have been allocated for Government’s flagship projects like ‘Karunya at Home’ project for delivering medicines for senior citizens, INR 166 Crore for K-FON (Kerala-Fiber Optic Network) which will ensure affordable Internet Connectivity for all.
- Who recently got approval from RBI for appointment as MD & CEO of RBL Bank for 3 years, starting from June 30, 2021?
1) Vishwavir Ahuja
2) Anup Kumar Sinha
3) Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
4) Aditya Puri
5) Samit GhoshAnswer-1) Vishwavir Ahuja
On January 18, 2021, The Board of Directors of RBL Bank approved the re-appointment of Vishwavir Ahuja as the Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the Bank for three years, with effect from June 30, 2021 to June 29, 2024. The bank has recommended this re-appointment to the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for approval. He has been the MD& CEO of RBL bank since June 30, 2010.
- Which organisation received the Best Performance in e-Governance in the 70th SKOCH Challenger Award, held in January 2021?
1) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
2) Southern Railways
3) Department of Income Tax
4) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
5) Ministry of Ports, Shipping and WaterwaysAnswer-1) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
On January 16, 2021, the 70th SKOCH Summit (SKOCH Public Policy Forum) was held in New Delhi during which SKOCH Awards 2021 were presented to different ministries. The SKOCH Challenger Award-Best Performance in e-Governance was presented to Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA). The Ministry also received 3 Gold Awards for its initiatives. The “SKOCH Challenger Award- Transparency in Governance” was conferred to Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR). Southern Railway was presented the SKOCH Silver Award under the category of excellence in response to Covid-19.
- Who authored the book “The Language of History: Sanskrit Narratives of Muslim Pasts”?
1) Rajiv Malhotra
2) Sheldon Pollock
3) Audrey Truschke
4) Ghulam Azam
5) Faisal KuttyAnswer-3) Audrey Truschke
The book, “The Language of History: Sanskrit Narratives of Muslim Pasts” written by Historian-author Audrey Truschke, seeks to collect, analyse, and theorize Sanskrit histories of Muslim-led and, later, as Muslims became an integral part of Indian cultural and political worlds, Indo-Muslim rule as a body of historical materials.
- Which country recently signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with India to grant employment opportunities for “Specified Skilled Worker”, in January, 2021?
5) South KoreaAnswer-2) Japan
In order to enhance cooperation in skills development, India and Japan have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on January 18, 2021 for operation of the ‘specified skilled worker’ (SSW) system. This MoC paves the way for Indian workers with required skills and pass Japanese language tests to get employment in Japan on a contractual basis. A total of 14 fields are covered under this agreement. Both sides will set up a joint working group (JWG) of officials for the implementation of the programme. The 14 fields covered by the agreement.