AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 & 21 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Who launched the FICCI-SAM’s knowledge report on “India-Japan: Time to Seize New Opportunities”?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Modi
5) Ram Nath GovindAnswer-3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Union Minister of External Affairs launched the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry – Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (FICCI-SAM)’s knowledge report on “India-Japan: Time to Seize New Opportunities” over a virtual platform.
- Which department has issued notification regarding the amendment of Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017?
1) Department of Personnel and Training
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Department of Commerce
4) Department of Telecommunications
5) Department of Consumer AffairsAnswer-2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
In order to promote the “Make in India” initiative, the Central Government has amended the Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 on September 16, 2020. This amendment will enable nodal Ministries/ Departments to notify higher minimum local content requirements for Class-I & Class-II local suppliers which was earlier fixed at 50% and 20% respectively. The notification in this regard was issued by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Minister of Commerce and Industry.
- The Customs (Administration of Rules of Origin under Trade Agreements) Rules, 2020 come into force from September 21, 2020. Who is the chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)?
1) M Ajit Kumar
2) Rajnish Kumar
3) P C Mody
4) Rahul Chaudhry
5) Sanjay DuttAnswer-1) M Ajit Kumar
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 156 read with section 28DA of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Government notifies the Customs (Administration of Rules of Origin under Trade Agreements) Rules, 2020 (CAROTAR, 2020) on August 21, 2020 to protect the domestic industry from misuse of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs), will come into force on September 21, 2020. A period of 30 days is provided to importers and other stakeholders to familiarize them with new provisions. In this regard, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has been actively engaging with stakeholders through webinars and other means to guide them. With regard to the amendment, Importers will have to provide proof of 35% value addition of goods imported through free trade agreements (FTA) to customs authorities, failing which duty benefits available under the agreement will be denied. The chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) is M Ajit Kumar.
- India along with which country plans to resume joint coordinated border patrol to prevent criminal activities?
1) Sri Lanka
5) BangladeshAnswer-5) Bangladesh
At the 50th Director General (DG) level conference between India and Bangladesh, India decided to resume joint coordinated patrol (Border) with Bangladesh to prevent criminal activities & both the countries have agreed to share real time intelligence on the smuggling syndicates and the list of smugglers to control and prevent criminal activities and other problems and to ensure the peace and security in the Indo-Bangladesh borders. The 4-day conference was held from 16th September 2020 to 19th September 2020 which concluded in Dhaka, Bangladesh The 6-member Border Security Force (BSF) delegation was led by its DG Rakesh Asthana and the Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) delegation was led by its DG Md. Shafeenul Islam.
- Which state government launched Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) scheme to provide Interest-free loans to women’s groups?
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) Gujarat
Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY), a scheme of providing interest-free loans of Rs 1 lakh to women’s groups was launched in Gujarat by its Chief Minister (CM) Vijay Rupani. In this regard, the government is planning to provide total lending up to Rs 1,000 crore to these groups to be registered as joint liability and earning group (JLEG) consisting of 10 women members. 50,000 JLEGs will be formed in urban areas. Similarly, 50,000 such groups will also be formed in rural areas. A total of 10 lakh women across the state are covered under this new scheme. The scheme will be implemented in rural areas by the Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company, while in urban areas it will be implemented by the Gujarat Urban Livelihood Mission.
- Goa government has signed MoU with Goa Institute of Management (GIM) for vocational training of ITI Trainers. Who is the chief minister of Goa?
1) N. Biren Singh
2) Pramod Sawant
3) PS Golay
4) Biplab Kumar Deb
5) K Chandrasekhar RaoAnswer-2) Pramod Sawant
Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Goa Institute of Management (GIM) for giving vocational Training to increase the skill sets of ITI (Industrial Training Institute) Trainers. About Goa: Chief Minister – Pramod Sawant.
- Who heads the 11-member company law committee which was constituted by the ministry of corporate affairs (Committee’s term was extended for 1 year recently)?
1) Rajiv Gauba
2) Rajesh Verma
3) I.V. Subba Rao
4) Kapil Dev Tripathi
5) P K MishraAnswer-2) Rajesh Verma
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) extended the tenure of the Company Law Committee by one year, i.e., this committee constituted in September 2019 has been extended up to two years (17.09.2021) from the date of the order to constitute the committee (18.09.2019). It is now chaired by Rajesh Verma, Secretary of MCA. The 11-member committee has a mandate to submit periodic recommendations to the government in phases and subject-wise, as may be decided by the chairman.
- Anil Dhasmana has been appointed as the new chief of National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO). Where is the HQ of NTRO located?
3) New Delhi
5) PuneAnswer-3) New Delhi
The Central government appointed Anil Dhasmana, former chief of Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW or RAW) as the new chief of National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO). He will serve till he attains the age of 65, i.e., for 2 years. He succeeds Satish Chandra Jha, former Intelligence Bureau (IB) officer, who resigned from the office on September 17, 2020. Note– The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi cleared the appointment of Anil Dhasmana. National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) – Headquarters– New Delhi, India.
- Which edition of annual meeting of board of governor of Asian Development Bank (ADB) held virtually on September 17-18, 2020 (Nirmala Sitharaman represented India)?
5) 57thAnswer-1) 53rd
The 53rd Annual Meeting of Board of Governor of Asian Development Bank (ADB) took place virtually on September 17-18, 2020. Ministers from ADB members, ADB Management and Industry experts participated in the virtual meeting and they discussed a wide range of issues facing Asia and Pacific due to the Pandemic.
- Under which section of competition Act, 2002 the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition of Nutrition & Biosciences Inc. by International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.?
1) Section 32(1)
2) Section 31(1)
3) Section 32(3)
4) Section 31(2)
5) Section 30(1)Answer-2) Section 31(1)
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the following proposals under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002: (i) Acquisition of sole control over Bombardier Transportation’s (Bombardier Transport) by Alstom S.A. (Alstom); (ii) Acquisition of Nutrition & Biosciences, Inc. by International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Which International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) has developed 1st of its kind helmet-like ventilation device ‘Swasner’?
1) IIIT Naya Raipur
2) IIIT Bangalore
3) IIIT Hyderabad
4) IIIT Bhubaneswar
5) IIIT JabalpurAnswer-4) IIIT Bhubaneswar
A group of 7 engineering students from IIIT (International Institute of Information Technology), Bhubaneswar have developed ‘Swasner’, a 1st of its kind helmet-like ventilation device to help patients breathe more conveniently. The designed hyperbaric chamber is a low-cost device to help COVID-19 patients. Swasner will reduce deaths caused due to lack of ventilators in the country.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘Forrest Gump’?
1) Nathaniel Hawthorne
2) Ernest Hemingway
3) Winston Groom
4) William Faulkner
5) Mark TwainAnswer-3) Winston Groom
American Novelist and Journalist Winston Groom, the author of Forrest Gump, passed away at the age of 77 at Alabama, United States of America. Groom was born on 23rd March 1944, in Washington, D.C, USA.
- Amitabha Ghosh was the _____ governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
5) 14thAnswer-4) 16th
Amitabha Ghosh, former governor of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) passed away at the age of 90. He is the shortest serving governor of RBI (21 days- January 15, 1985 to February 4, 1985). He served as the 16th governor, while serving as a deputy governor of RBI until R N Malhotra (17th Governor) took over.
- The International coastal clean-up Day was observed every year on __________.
1) January 16
2) August 7
3) October 12
4) September 19
5) March 28Answer-4) September 19
The International Coastal Clean-Up Day has been celebrated across 100 countries since 1986 on September 19. On this day, volunteer’s clean beaches, waterways and oceans to protect them from impacts of plastic and trash. The movement was started by Linda Maraniss & Kathy O’Hara of the United States. During the virtual event, MoEFCC announced that for the first time eight beaches of India have been recommended for the prestigious International eco-label, the Blue Flag certification. The eight beaches are Shivrajpur in Gujarat, Ghoghla in Daman & Diu, Kasargod and Padubidri beach in Karnataka, Kappad in Kerala, Rushikonda in Andhra Pradesh, Golden beach of Odisha and Radhanagar beach in Andaman and Nicobar. The Blue Flag is given by Copenhagen (Denmark) based Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
- Which edition of International Equal Pay Day was observed on September 18, 2020?
5) 11thAnswer-2) 1st
United Nations (UN) 1st International Equal Pay Day is observed on 18 September 2020 as a step towards eliminating the gender pay gap and to overcome the sexual discrimination against women in the employment sector. This day promotes equal pay to everyone and the rights to receive equal remuneration for equal work regardless of the gender. Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC) hosted the virtual global Call to Action to encourage all labour market actors to take steps to ensure that equal pay is at the core of COVID-19 recovery efforts across the globe. EPIC is led by the International Labour Organization(ILO), UN Women and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Which division of southern railway has launched the “Freight Seva” app?
1) Thiruvananthapuram Railway
2) Chennai Division
3) Madurai Division
4) Palakkad Division
5) Tiruchirappalli RailwayAnswer-2) Chennai Division
The Chennai Division of Southern Railways launched an in-house mobile application called “Freight Seva”, as part of its efforts to boost Freight traffic and add more customers to its base.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Nandankanan Zoological Park is located at which state?
5) TripuraAnswer-3) Odisha
Recently, death of two sloth bears has been reported from the Nandankanan Zoological Park, Bhubaneswar (Odisha). The exact cause of deaths is not yet known. Earlier, a 28-year-old Himalayan black bear died probably due to old age as bears are known to live for about 30 years.
- Where is the HQ of International Labour Organisation (ILO) located?
1) New Delhi
4) New York
5) RomeAnswer-2) Geneva
The headquarters of International Labour Organisation (ILO) located at Geneva, Switzerland.
- Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary is located at which state?
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Goa
The Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary is a 208.5-km² protected area in the Indian state of Goa in the Western Ghats of South India.
- Kandla port is located in which state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) West BengalAnswer-3) Gujarat
Kandla, officially Deendayal Port Trust is a seaport in Kutch District of Gujarat state in western India, near the city of Gandhidham.
- Indira Gandhi International airport is located in which city?
5) GuwahatiAnswer-3) Delhi
Minister of State (MoS) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Civil Aviation inaugurated India’s first General Aviation Terminal at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, Delhi to handle the flight operations and movement and processing of passengers flying through of private jets or chartered flights.