AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 & 21 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Date-Wise Current Affairs December 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 20 & 21 December 2020
- Who released the “Australia Economic Strategy Report 2020” prepared by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) aimed at enhancing Bilateral Economic and Trade Relationship between India and Australia?
1) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Narendra Modi
5) Nitin GadkariAnswer-3) Piyush Goyal
On December 18, 2020, Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry launched Australia Economic Strategy Report 2020 prepared by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) team, led by Ambassador Anil Wadhwa, Former Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs, with contribution from KPMG, India. The Report was launched during the CII’s virtual session on Enhancing India Australia Bilateral Economic and Trade Relationship in sectors like defence, sports, textiles, textile designing, digital gaming, etc.
- Which country will create Virtual Vaccine Hub in partnership with India to deliver vaccines for coronavirus and other deadly viruses by sharing best practices?
1) United States of America
4) United Kingdom
5) ChinaAnswer-4) United Kingdom
Dominic Raab, Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, United Kingdom (UK) paid a 4-day visit to India from December 14-17, 2020. As a result, New Virtual UK-India vaccines hub announced by both countries to help in the shared fight against Coronavirus. The vaccines hub will be used to deliver vaccines for Coronavirus and other deadly viruses. The vaccines hub will be used for sharing best practices for regulation and clinical trials & to improve innovation.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries signed a Joint Communique with Ministry of Tribal Affairs and also inked MoUs with 5 government entities for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PM-FME) Scheme. Which bank becomes the Nodal Bank for PM-FME Scheme?
1) State Bank of India
2) Indian Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Union Bank of India
5) Central Bank of IndiaAnswer-4) Union Bank of India
On December 18, 2020, Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) signed a Joint Communique with Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) and also inked 5 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with TRIFED, ICAR, NSFDC, NAFED and NCDC for the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PM-FME) Scheme. MoFPI signed an agreement with Union Bank of India as nodal bank for PM FME scheme. Union Bank of India would help in transferring the subsidy recevied from Centre and states into loan accounts.
- For which sector the 1st Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Skill Development was virtually launched by Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), RK Singh at Haryana?
1) Oil and Gas
3) Medical Devices
5) BiotechnologyAnswer-4) Power
On December 18, 2020, Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), RK Singh virtually launched India’s 1st Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Skill Development in Power Sector at the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, Haryana. The CoE was established as a result of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between MSDE, Government of India & the Ministry of National Education & Youth, Government of the French Republic & Schneider Electric. The CoE will serve as a platform to create a robust cadre of certified trainers and assessors across the country.
- Which country became the 23rd member of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) at the 20th IORA Council of Ministers Meeting virtually hosted by UAE?
1) Sri Lanka
5) EgyptAnswer-2) France
On December 17, 2020, the 20th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers (COM) Meeting 2020 hosted virtually by United Arab Emirates (UAE) where Indian side was represented by Vellamvelly Muraleedharan, Minister of State (MoS) Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). It should be noted that the UAE is the chair of IORA for a period 2019-2021 on the theme “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”. France became the 23rd member of the IORA. Sri Lanka will be the Vice Chair of IORA for the period 2021-23.
- Which bank signed Project Readiness Financing (PRF) facility worth $4.21 million with Indian Government for Tripura Urban and Tourism Development Project on December, 2020?
1) World Bank
2) State Bank of Mauritius
3) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
4) International Monetary Fund
5) Asian Development BankAnswer-5) Asian Development Bank
On December 18, 2020 The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Government of India signed a $4.21 million (Around 31 Crore) Project Readiness Financing (PRF) facility for Tripura Urban and Tourism Development Project. This is ADB’s 1st PRF facility for a Northeastern state of India. The facility will enhance the infrastructure development projects & will improve the urban amenities and develop tourism infrastructure projects in the Tripura.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the restrictions of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank Limited for a period of 3 months from December 23, 2020 to March 31, 2021.Where is the Headquarters of PMC bank?
5) Mumbai,MaharashtraAnswer – 5)Mumbai,Maharashtra
On December 18, 2020 The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) further extended the restrictions of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative(PMC) Bank Limited for a period of 3 months from December 23, 2020 to March 31, 2021. All other terms and conditions of the Directives under reference shall remain unchanged. Earlier the restriction was imposed till June 23, 2020 and then changed until December 22, 2020. Mumbai, Maharashtra is the Headquarters of PMC bank.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) amended the Master Direction by extending the applicability of centralized KYC registry to legal entities (LEs), from individual accounts with effect from ______, on December 2020.
1) March 31, 2021
2) December 31, 2021
3) April 1, 2021
4) February 1, 2021
5) June 23, 2021Answer-3) April 1, 2021
On December 18, 2020, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has amended the Master Direction (MD) on “Know Your Customer (KYC)”, dated February 25, 2016, by extending the applicability of centralized KYC registry to legal entities (LEs), from individual accounts w.e.f. April 1, 2021. Since 2017, banks, non-banks, and other entities regulated by RBI have been uploading the KYC data of individual accounts opened on or after 1 January 2017 on to the centralized KYC registry (CKYCR).
- Which fintech company collaborated with Google Pay to introduce tokenised payments flow for Indian Merchants on December, 2020?
5) BillDeskAnswer-2) PayU
On December 18, 2020 PayU collaborated with Google Pay to introduce tokenised payments flow for merchants in India. This collaboration enables the merchants of PayU to offer Google Pay users the option to use their debit cards, credit cards, or Google Pay UPI to make repeated payments without the need to physically share their card details. Tokenisation is the process of protecting sensitive data by replacing it with an algorithmically generated number called a token.
- Which cardholders will be benefited by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) Pilot program on the Contactless (Offline) feature for retail payments?
5) RuPayAnswer-5) RuPay
On December 16 2020 National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has introduced RuPay Contactless (Offline) feature, that also provides reloadable wallets within RuPay Card, for daily transit payments. NPCI has also introduced RuPay Contactless (Offline) feature for retail payments on pilot basis. All these additional features will expand the total transaction experience for Rupay cardholders and also transform the overall card payment ecosystem.
- What is India’s retail inflation rate as per the Consumer Price Index(CPI) data released by the NSO, Government of India for November, 2020?
1) 7.33 %
2) 6.73 %
3) 6.93 %
4) 7.61 %
5) 7.75 %Answer-3) 6.93 %
As per the Consumer Price Index(CPI) data released by the NSO, Government of India, India’s retail inflation based on the CPI declined to 6.93% in November 2020 from 7.61% in October 2020. The inflation rate for rural area was 7.20% and urban area 6.73% in November 2020 against 7.75% and 7.33% in October 2020.
- Which state has signed an MoU with British Council to increase bilateral cooperation in higher education sector, on December, 2020?
2) New Delhi
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-1) Karnataka
On 17th December, 2020 Dominic Raab visited Bengaluru to meet the Chief Minister of Karnataka, B. S. Yediyurappa. They signed multiple Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with the state. Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) & British Council signed an 1st-its-kind, 3-years MoU to increase bilateral cooperation in higher education sector. o aid mobility of students & faculty exchange across Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Karnataka and UK. To enhance research & support internationalisation of HEIs.
- Who got the 2nd 6month extension as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) from the Cabinet Appointment Committee on December, 2020?
1) Altamas Kabir
2) H. L. Dattu
3) Uday Lalit
4) Adarsh Kumar Goel
5) Sukhbir Singh SandhuAnswer-5) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
On 17th December 2020, the Appointment committee of the cabinet approved the 2nd 6-month extension of Sukhbir Singh Sandhu’s Central deputation as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways. His term as the chairman has been extended beyond 21st January 2021 to 21st July 2021.
- Who was recently appointed as the Chief Justice of Odisha High Court on December, 2020?
1) Mohammad Rafiq
2) Amitava Roy
3) S Muralidhar
4) Pradeep Nandrajog
5) Navin SinhaAnswer-3) S Muralidhar
Justice S Muralidhar, Judge of Punjab & Haryana High Court has been elevated as the Chief Justice(CJ) of Orissa High Court(HC). Prior to his transfer to Punjab & Haryana HC he served as the judge in his parent high court in Delhi. The elevation was recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium chaired by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde. Justice Mohammad Rafiq, the current CJ of Orissa has been transferred to Madhya Pradesh HC.
- Who was elected as the President of the International Golf Federation on December, 2020?
1) Annika Sorenstam
2) Tiger Woods
3) Peter Dawson
4) Rory McIlroy
5) Jyoti RandhawaAnswer-1) Annika Sorenstam
Annika Sorenstam was elected president of the International Golf Federation replacing the outgoing Peter Dawson. Sorenstam, a 72-time winner on the LPGA Tour and former No. 1 from Sweden, will take up the position on Jan. 1. She was elected during the IGF’s virtual board meeting, and her first major task will be to help oversee the federation’s strategic planning for next year’s Tokyo Olympics.
- Which Institution received ‘Award of Merit’ in the 2020 UNESCO’s Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation?
1) Amar Singh College
2) University of Madras
3) Aligarh Muslim University
4) Islamia College of Science and Commerce
5) Cluster UniversityAnswer-1) Amar Singh College
On December 16, 2020 Amar Singh College, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir received the ‘Award of Merit’ in the 2020 UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation. It is one of the 7 award winners of the 2020 awards. It is the first international award given to cultural heritage in Kashmir. Amar Singh Collage is built nearly 80 years ago.
Name of the Award Awardees Name Country Special Recognition for Sustainable Development Lai Cho Wo Rural Cultural Landscape Hong Kong Special Administrative Region(SAR), China Sunder Nursery New Delhi, India Award of Distinction Koothambalam at Guruvayoor Temple Thrissur, Kerala, India
Award of Merit
Pingyao Diesel Engine Factory Shanxi, China Amar Singh College Srinagar, J&K, India Malabari Hall Building, Seva Sadan Society Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Award for New Design in Heritage Contexts Protective Shelter at the Locality 1 Archaeological Site of Zhoukoudian Peking Man Cave World Heritage Site Beijing, China Award of Excellence Sunder Nursery New Delhi, India
- Who received the DRDO Lifetime Achievement Award 2018 on December, 2020?
1) N V Kadam
2) Samir V. Kamat
3) Amit Sharma
4) Tessy Thomas
5) A K SinghAnswer-1) N V Kadam
Rajnath Singh Felicitated 45 eminent Scientists from DRDO for their extraordinary research work & Contribution. DRDO Lifetime Achievement Award 2018 to N V Kadam for contribution towards development of control and guidance schemes for missiles and Agni Award for Excellence in Self-Reliance 2018 to Amit Sharma, he is the youngest awardee to receive the award in the cyber-security domain.
- What is the main Theme of 5th Global Technology Summit 2020, that was virtually addressed by External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar?
1) Technology and Society: Getting the Balance Right
2) Geopolitics of Technology
3) Data: Linking the World
4) Data Driven Pandemic Control
5) The Future of DataAnswer-2) Geopolitics of Technology
External Affairs Minister (EAM), Jaishankar virtually addressed the 2020 Global Technology Summit (GTS) – 5th Edition, it was jointly organized by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Carnegie India (CI) from December 14-18, 2020. The Theme of 2020 GTS is “Geopolitics of Technology”. EAM S Jaishankar argued for the reformation process in the United Nations (UN). Reformed multilateralism is necessary as International Organizations like the UN should reflect today’s reality & address contemporary challenges.
- What is India’s rank in 6th ‘Human Freedom Index 2020: A Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom’ report released by Cato Institute of United States & Fraser Institute, Canada?
5) 36Answer-1) 111
According to the ‘Human Freedom Index 2020: A Global Measurement of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom’ – 6th Annual Report released by Cato Institute of United States & Fraser Institute in Canada, India (overall score of 6.43) ranked 111 in the list of 162 countries. New Zealand (score – 8.87) topped the index followed by Switzerland (score – 8.82) & Hong Kong (score – 8.74). It was prepared by Ian Vásquez and Fred McMahon. India was ranked 94 on the HFI 2019.
- Which Indian Naval Ship (INS) represented India in the 35th IND-INDO CORPAT 2020 between Indian Navy and Indonesian Navy?
1) INS Khanjar
2) INS Khukri
3) INS Kirpan
4) INS Kulish
5) INS KoraAnswer-4) INS Kulish
On December 17-18, 2020, the 35th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) 2020 between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy was held to strengthen inter-operability and to build strong bonds of friendship across the Indo Pacific. The Indian side was represented by Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kulish, an indigenously built missile corvette along with P8I Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) while Indonesian side was led by Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Cut Nyak Dien, a Kapitan Pattimura (Parchim I) class corvette and a MPA of the Indonesian Navy.
- Which country recently participated in the Defence Cooperation Webinar and Expo as a part of the Aero India 21 series organised by Defence Ministry on December, 2020?
5) MaldivesAnswer-5) Maldives
On 17th December, 2020 Department of Defence Production (DDP), Ministry of Defence (MoD) through Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) organized India – Maldives Defence Cooperation Webinar and Expo as a part of the Aero India 21 series of webinar to boost defence cooperation and engagements with friendly foreign countries. Theme- “Joint Indo Maldives High Level Defence Engagement”
- What is the name of India’s first Indigenously developed Air-to-Air Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Missile that was handed over to Indian Air Force by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh?
1) K-100 Missile
2) IMSAS Missile
3) Astra MK-I Missile
4) BOSS Missile
5) MBDA MICA MissileAnswer-3) Astra MK-I Missile
On December 18, 2020, Union Minister for Defence, Rajnath Singh handed over 3 New Indigenous Systems – Border Surveillance System (BOSS), Indian Maritime Situational Awareness System (IMSAS) & ASTRA MK-I Missile all developed by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) to the Chiefs of 3 Armed Forces – Indian Navy, Indian Air Force (IAF) & Indian Army at a function held in DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi.
ASTRA Mk-I is a Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Missile capable of being launched from Sukhoi-30, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Mig-29 & Mig-29K. It is the 1st Air-to-Air missile developed by India.
- Recently which Space Agency launched 36 UK telecom satellites into space on December, 2020?
1) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
2) Roscosmos Space Agency
4) Indian Space Research Organisation
5) Japan Aerospace Exploration AgencyAnswer-2) Roscosmos Space Agency,Russia
On 18th December, 2020 Russian space agency Roscosmos Space Agency launched a Soyuz rocket carrying 36 UK telecommunications and internet satellites into space from Vostochny launch site. The satellites were made by British company OneWeb. The UK government and Indian telecom giant Bharti took over OneWeb with USD 500 million investment.
- What is the name of a unique Metroid shower caused by an asteroid or an extinct comet?
4) Alpha Monocerotids
5) LeonidsAnswer-3) Geminids
The Geminids meteor showers are unique because their origin does not lie in a comet, but what is believed to be an asteroid or an extinct comet. The Geminids emerge from 3200 Phaethon, which meteor scientists consider to be an asteroid.
- Name the women wrestler who has won the first ever medal (Silver) for India in the Wrestling Individual World Cup 2020 at Belgrade, Serbia.
1) Ravina Kumar
2) Parisingh Yadav
3) Asha Begum
4) Anshu Malik
5) Deepika PuniaAnswer-4) Anshu Malik
On 16th December, 2020 India’s Women wrestler Anshu Malik won the Silver medal in the 57 Kg category at the Individual World Cup 2020 held at Belgrade, Serbia organized by United World Wrestling(UWW). She won the first and only medal winner in the event where Indian side was represented by 24 wrestlers. The Individual World Cup came as a replacement to the 2020 World Championship which was cancelled due to less participants because of the pandemic.
- Who authored the book ‘Reporting India: My Seventy-Year Journey as a Journalist’ that was virtually launched by External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on December, 2020?
1) Vinod Mehta
2) Prem Prakash
3) O. V. Vijayan
4) Mihir Dalal
5) Chitra SubramaniamAnswer-2) Prem Prakash
On 18th December, 2020 External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar virtually launched the book ‘Reporting India: My Seventy-Year Journey as a Journalist’ written by Asia News International (ANI) Chairman Prem Prakash. The book came as an outcome of the author’s experience over the years, where he has interacted with almost all the Prime Ministers of India
- VP Venkaiah Naidu Released “Oh, Mizoram”, Book of English Poems by Governor of Mizoram. Who is Governor of Mizoram?
1) Shri Kalraj Mishra
2) Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
3) Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
4) Prof. Ganeshi Lal
5) Dr. Tamilisai SoundararajanAnswer-3) Shri P.S. Sreedharan Pillai
On 18th December 2020, M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India virtually released the book titled “Oh, Mizoram”, a collection of poems written by P S Sreedharan Pillai, the Governor of Mizoram. The book is published by Indus Scrolls Press.
- Which Country’s national football team did late Gérard Houllier Managed?
5) SpainAnswer-1) France
On December 14, 2020 Gérard Paul Francis Houllier, former liverpool manager & Football Coach, Manager of French National Team passed away at the age of 73 after having a heart operation in Paris, France. He was the head of global football for Red Bull. He was born on 3rd September 1947 in Thérouanne, France.
- Which state government recently has launched the PAReSHRAM portal with 22 online services of different labour laws under its 5T initiative on December, 2020?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Odisha
On December 17, 2020 Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha virtually launched PAReSHRAM portal with 22 online services of different labour laws of Labour and State Employees State Insurance (E.S.I) Department under the 5T initiative of the state govt. 5T– Technology, Transparency, Teamwork and Time Leading to Transformation. The portal will provide 52 types of services shortly.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the current President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on December, 2020?
1) T. V. Narendran
2) Chandrajit Banerjee
3) Chanda Kochhar
4) Uday Kotak
5) O. P. BhattAnswer-4) Uday Kotak
Uday Kotak is the current President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on December, 2020.
- Who is the current President of Indonesia on December, 2020?
1) Prayut Chan-o-cha
2) Joko Widodo
3) Perdana Menteri
4) Win Myint
5) Aung San Suu KyiAnswer-2) Joko Widodo
Joko Widodo, also known as Jokowi, is an Indonesian politician who is the 7th and current president of Indonesia on December, 2020.
- What is the name of Vaccine developed by Serum Institute of India, Pune in partnership with UK’s Oxford University?
3) Biological E
‘Covishield’ is Covid 19 vaccine to tackle Coronavirus is developed by Serum Institute of India, Pune in partnership with UK’s Oxford University and pharmaceutical company Astra Zeneca for making the vaccine and is conducting trials in India.
- When was Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) established?
5) 1967Answer-4) 1987
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) was established in 1987.
- Which channel separates India’s Minicoy Island of Lakshadweep from Maldives?
1) 10 Degree Channel
2) 12 Degree Channel
3) 9 Degree Channel
4) 7 Degree Channel
5) 8 Degree ChannelAnswer-5) 8 Degree Channel
The 8 Degree channel separates India’s Minicoy island, locally known as Maliku; is an island in Lakshadweep, India and Maldives.