AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 2 November 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2023 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- In October 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched the ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat) platform.
MY Bharat is an autonomous body under the _____________ (department) of Government of India (GoI).
1) Department of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Department of Rural Development
3) Department of Youth Affairs
4) Department of Higher Education
5) Department of SportsAnswer-3) Department of Youth Affairs
On 31st October 2023, on the occasion of National Unity Day 2023, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched the ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat) platform for the youth of India during the program held in Kartavya Path in New Delhi, Delhi.
The MY Bharat platform encourages youth participation in nation-building efforts, fostering a sense of responsibility and engagement.
The program marked the culmination of the “Meri Maati Mera Desh” campaign’s Amrit Kalash Yatra.
i. MY Bharat is an autonomous body under the Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports(MoYAS), Government of India (GoI).
ii. It serves as a comprehensive government platform for the youth of India, aligning with the GoI’s goal to offer equitable opportunities to the nation’s youth.
- Which of the following points is “Incorrect” with respect to the report ‘Road Accidents in India-2022’ published by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) in October 2023?
A) The States and Union Territories (UTs) of India reported a total of 4,61,312 road accidents during 2022.
B) Uttar Pradesh tops the list of States in Number of Accidents for the 6th consecutive year.
C) Tamil Nadu recorded the highest number of road accidents on National Highways in 2022
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-2) Only B
According to “Road Accidents in India-2022”, the annual report published by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH). The States and Union Territories (UTs) of India reported a total of 4,61,312 road accidents during 2022.
i. Tamil Nadu (TN) tops the list of States in Number of Accidents for the 5th consecutive year. TN has reported 64,105 (13.9%) accidents in 2022.
ii. TN also recorded the highest number of road accidents on National Highways in 2022 with 18,972 accidents (12.5%) followed by Kerala with 17,627 (11.6%) accidents
iii. Uttar Pradesh recorded the highest number of road accident fatalities on the National level in 2022 with 13.9% of fatalities followed by TN (9.8%).
- The ________ edition of the Exercise KAZIND-2023, an annual bilateral exercise between India and Kazakhstan was commenced at Otar, Kazakhstan on 30th October 2023.
5) 7thAnswer-5) 7th
Indian Army and Indian Air Force (IAF) participates in the Joint Military ‘Exercise KAZIND-2023’ at Otar, Kazakhstan. The 7th edition of the KAZIND, an annual bilateral exercise between India and Kazakhstan, is being held from 30th October till 11th November 2023.
i. 90 personnel led by a Battalion from the DOGRA Regiment of the Indian Army participated in the exercise
ii. The Indian and Kazakhstan forces conduct Counter Terrorism operations in a sub-conventional environment under the United Nations(UN) mandate.
iii. The exercise includes rehearsal of various tactical drills including Raid, Search, and Destroy Operations, Small Team Insertion, and Extraction Operations.
- Which of the following cities has/have recently (in Oct ‘23) featured in the list of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Creative Cities Network (UCCN)?
1) Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)- UNESCO City of Music
2) Kozhikode (Kerala)- UNESCO City of Literature
3) Kolkata (West Bengal)-UNESCO City of Joy
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
On the occasion of World Cities Day (31 October 2023), 55 cities joined the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Creative Cities Network (UCCN). The list featured 2 Indian Cities namely Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh) and Kozhikode (Kerala).
i. Gwalior has been designated as the UNESCO ‘City of Music’ and Kozhikode as the UNESCO ‘City of Literature’.
ii. With the latest inclusion, UCCN now counts 350 cities in more than 100 countries, representing 7 creative fields namely:
iii. Crafts and Folk Art; Design, Film; Gastronomy; Literature; Media Arts; and Music.
- Which word has been selected as Word of the Year 2023 by the Collins Dictionary in October 2023?
4) Quite Quitting
5) BazballAnswer-1) AI
Collins Dictionary, a printed and online English dictionary published by HarperCollins in Glasgow, Scotland, has named “AI” abbreviation for Artificial Intelligence, as the “Word of the Year 2023”.
i. ‘AI’, the uncountable noun, describes ‘the modelling of human mental functions by computer programs’.
ii. Lexicographers (a person who compiles dictionaries) of Collins Dictionary stated that the use of the term “AI” has increased and dominated the conversations of 2023.
- Who has been recently (in Oct ‘23) appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)?
1) Koppu Sadashiv Murthy
2) Arti Bhatnagar
3) Nalin Shinghal
4) Vijay Mittal
5) K SivaprasadAnswer-1) Koppu Sadashiv Murthy
Koppu Sadashiv Murthy has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) with effect from 1st November 2023 till the date of his superannuation (28th February 2027) or until further orders.
i. Koppu Sadashiv Murthy, Executive Director at BHEL, will succeed Nalin Shinghal, who has been the CMD of BHEL since July 2019.
ii. Prior to his appointment as CMD, he served as the Executive Director of the Corporate Operations Management group at BHEL.
Note- BHEL is a Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) under the Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI). It is one of the 13 Maharatna CPSEs in India.
- In which state, Researchers have recently (in Oct ‘23) discovered a new species of edible fish named ‘Awaous motla’ in the Mahanadi River?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Odisha
Researchers have discovered a new species of edible fish named ‘Awaous motla’ in the Mahanadi River near Sonepur, Subarnapur district and Boudh Bridge, Boudh district in Odisha. The fish was named “motla” by the Fishermen of the Sonepur region
i. The new species was discovered as a part of the project undertaken by the Zoology Department of Berhampur University of Odisha and Zoological Survey of India(ZSI), Gopalpur(Odisha).
ii. The details on the new species were published in the Journal of Fish Biology, a leading international, peer-reviewed journal, in October 2023.
- Bangladeshi-British Climate scientist & Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD), __________ passed away in October 2023.
1) Jagdish Shukla
2) Nir Shaviv
3) Svante Arrhenius
4) Pancheti Koteswaram
5) Saleemul HuqAnswer-5) Saleemul Huq
Bangladeshi-British Climate scientist Saleemul Huq passed away at the age of 71 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He was born in Karachi, Pakistan on 2nd October 1952.
i. Saleemul Huq is the Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) in Bangladesh.
ii. Saleemul Huq moved to Britain in the 1970s and received a doctorate in botany in 1978 from Imperial College London in the United Kingdom(UK).
iii. He works as a Professor at the Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) as well as Associate of the International Institute on Environment and Development (IIED) in the UK.
iv. Queen Elizabeth II bestowed him with the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2022 New Year Honours for services to combating international climate change.
- Name the personality who has recently (in Oct ‘23) written his autobiography in Malayalam ‘Nilavu Kudicha Simhangal‘.
1) G. Madhavan Nair
2) Nambi Narayanan
3) K. Sivan
4) Sreedhara Panicker Somnath
5) S. Kiran KumarAnswer-4) Sreedhara Panicker Somnath
Sreedhara Panicker Somnath (S. Somnath), Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has written his autobiography in his mother-tongue Malayalam titled ‘Nilavu Kudicha Simhangal‘. The book is published by Kerala-based Lipi Publications.
The book was inspired by the success of Chandrayaan-3, ISRO’s lunar-exploration mission headed by S Somanath in August 2023.
i. Nilavu Kudicha Simhangal’ is loosely translated as “Lions that drank the moonlight”.
ii. It delves into ISRO’s rocket manufacturing, the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark III, and the Chandrayaan-3 mission.
- When was World Vegan Day 2023 observed across the globe?
1) 30th October 2023
2) 1st November 2023
3) 29th October 2023
4) 31st October 2023
5) 28th October 2023Answer-2) 1st November 2023
World Vegan Day 2023 was observed across the globe on 1st November 2023 to spread awareness among people about the benefits of a vegan diet on health and well-being.
i. The 1st World Vegan Day was observed on 1 November 1994.
ii. The term “vegan” was coined by Donald Watson, an English animal rights activist and Co-founder of the Vegan Society in 1994.