AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The terracotta work of Gorakhpur & Kovilpatti kadalai-mittai has got GI tag recently, along with Chak-Hao, the black rice of which Indian state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
Chak-Hao, the black rice of Manipur, the terracotta work of Gorakhpur (UP)& Kovilpatti (TN) kadalai-mittai has been granted with the Geographical Indication(GI) tag.
- The Ministry of coal has launched the project monitoring unit (PMU) to facilitate early operationalization of coal mines. Who is the present minister for coal?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Pralhad Singh Patel
Answer-2) Pralhad Joshi
Ministry of Coal (MoC) launched a project monitoring unit (PMU) to facilitate early operationalization of coal mines allocated by the government in order to ramp up coal production in the country.KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler) has been appointed as the consultant in the project monitoring unit (PMU) through a transparent bidding process.Union Minister– Pralhad Joshi.
- Name the organisation under Department of Science and Technology that has initiated programme on health and risk communication focusing on COVID-19 titled “Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)”.
1) National Research Development Corporation
2) Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council
3) National Council for Science & Technology Communication
4) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
5) National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation
Answer-3) National Council for Science & Technology Communication
National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology (DST) has initiated a programme on health and risk communication focusing on COVID-19 titled “Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)”. Its aim is to convey authentic best practices to the general public to minimize the risk of transmission of virus at all levels, in the absence of vaccines and cure for COVID-19.
- Which Indian navratna enterprise under coal ministry has started the production of coal for 1st time recently?
1) Neyveli Lignite Corporation
2) Central Mine Planning and Design Institute
3) Central Coalfields Limited
4) Bharat Coking Coal
5) Coal India
Answer-1) Neyveli Lignite Corporation
Neyveli Lignite Corporation(NLC) India Private Limited ‘Navratna’ a government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Coal started the production of Coal for the first time. The coal allocated to the Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited(NLCIL) in 2016 with a capacity of 20 million tonne per annum from the Talabira II and III mines of Odisha will suffice the requirements of existing and future coal fired power plants.
- National Board for Wild Life (NBWL) has allowed to use a part of the Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve for coal mining recently. The Elephant reserve is located in which state?
1) Himachal Pradesh
National Board for Wild Life (NBWL),the apex body to review all wildlife-related matters, has permitted the use of 98.59 hectares of land at Saleki, a part of the Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve in Assam for opencast coal mining project done by North-Easter Coal Field (NECF), a unit of Coal India Limited. While, the rest of the area may be used for underground coal mining.
- ‘Ayush Entrepreneurship Development Program’ is the joint initiative of AYUSH ministry along with which another ministry?
1) Ministry of Coal and Mines
2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
4) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
5) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare
Answer-2) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Nitin Gadkari launched ‘Ayush Entrepreneurship Development Program’ jointly organized by the Ministry of AYUSH & Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) for promoting the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) sector in India.
- Which Indian state/UT police has along with All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has jointly run the program called ‘Ayuraksha’?
1) Tamil Nadu
The Delhi Police in association with All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), a public Ayurveda medicine and research institution, has jointly run the program called ‘Ayuraksha – Corona se jung, Delhi Police ke sang’ with the aim of providing all possible health related help to all those Delhi Policemen working in the frontline to fight against coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Which Indian state has launched an “Agro-Entrepreneur Facilitation Desk” to help the entrepreneurs of the state to get subsidies and incentives from Central government funding agencies.
1) Arunachal Pradesh
The Tripura government launched an “Agro-Entrepreneur Facilitation Desk” to help the entrepreneurs of the state to get subsidies and incentives from Central government funding agencies. The state cabinet has approved the setting up of the desk, which will operate from the Directorate of Horticulture and Soil Conservation in the state capital, Agartala.
- The oil price of which country has recorded below zero dollars for the 1st time recently?
1) United States
Answer-1) United States
US oil price below zero dollars for first time in history in 3rd week of April 2020.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the regulatory benefits under the special liquidity facility for mutual funds (SLF-MF) for banks recently. Where is the HQ of RBI located?
2) New Delhi
Mumbai Headquartered Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the regulatory benefits under the special liquidity facility for mutual funds (SLF-MF) to all banks, irrespective of whether they avail funding from the Reserve Bank or deploy their own resources under SLF-MF scheme. This decision has been taken on the lines of request made by banks to RBI.
- Name the 1st Indian tennis player who has been nominated for the Fed Cup Heart Award from the Asia/Oceania Zone.
1) Leander Paes
2) Mahesh Bhupathi
3) Vijay Amritraj
4) Rohan Bopanna
5) Sania Mirza
Answer-5) Sania Mirza
Sania Mirza became the first Indian to be nominated for the Fed Cup Heart Award from the Asia/Oceania Zone along with Priska Madelyn Nugroho of Indonesia, Estonia’s Anett Kontaveit and Luxembourg’s Eleonora Molinaro from Europe/Africa, Fernanda Contreras Gomes of Mexico and Paraguay’s Veronica Cepede Royg from Americas.The voting for the award opens from 1st May until 8th May.
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 49% of Reliance BP Mobility Limited by BP Global Investments Limited. Who is the present CCI chairman?
1) Govind Verma
2) Ashok Kumar Gupta
3) PK Paul
4) Rajiv Kumar
5) Sangit Reddy
Answer-2) Ashok Kumar Gupta
The Competition Commission of India(CCI) approved the acquisition of 49% of the fully diluted paid-up equity share capital and voting rights in and of Reliance BP Mobility Limited(RBPML) by BP Global Investments Limited(BP Global) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.CCI Chairman– Ashok Kumar Gupta.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved acquisition of 100% shares and control of Tech Data Corporation by Tiger Midco LLC. Where is the HQ of CCI located?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposed acquisition of 100% shares and control of Tech Data Corporation by Tiger Midco LLC. In this regard, Tech Data Corporation (Tech Data) will be acquired by Tiger Midco LLC (Tiger Midco) by way of merger of Tech Data with a wholly owned subsidiary of Tiger Midco, viz., Merger Sub. CCI Headquarter– New Delhi.
- Under which section of Competition Act, 2002, the CCI has approved the acquisition of less than 5% shareholding in Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited by Canary Investments Limited and Link Investment Trust II?
1) Section 31(2)
2) Section 31(1)
3) Section 32(1)
4) Section 30(1)
5) Section 32(2)
Answer-2) Section 31(1)
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves the acquisition of less than 5% shareholding in Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited by Canary Investments Limited and Link Investment Trust II, under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- Name the microwave sterilizer which was developed by Pune-based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), to disintegrate coronavirus by heating.
The Defence Ministry announced that the Pune-based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has developed a microwave steriliser ‘Atulya’ that can disintegrate the novel Coronavirus within 30 seconds by differential heating in the range of 56 degrees to 60 degrees celsius temperatures.
- Scientists from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), in the study, published in the Global and Planetary Changes journal revealed a 35 thousand-year history of river erosion in Ladakh Himalayas. Where is WIHG located?
Scientists and students from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology(WIHG), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science &Technology, in the study, published in the Global and Planetary Changes journal has revealed a 35 thousand-year history of river erosion and identified hotspots of erosion and wide valleys that act a buffer zones in Ladakh Himalayas.WIHG Headquarters– Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- The CSIR’s Scientific Instruments Organisation(CSIO) under CSIR has transferred the Electrostatic Disinfection Technology for commercialization recently. Where is CSIR – CSIO located?
Medium Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR) – CSIR’s Scientific Instruments Organisation(CSIO – at Chandigarh) transferred the Electrostatic Disinfection Technology, innovative and effective disinfection and sanitization technology developed by CSIR-CSIO to fight coronavirus pandemic to Rite Water Solutions Private Limited for commercialization and large-scale production.
- Name the person who has built named the 1st helicopter to be built for Mars as ‘Ingenuity’ by NASA in ‘Name the Rover’ competition.
1) Tanishq Abraham
2) P Sanjana
3) Vaneeza Rupani
4) Arshdeep Singh
5) Advait Kolarkar
Answer-3) Vaneeza Rupani
A 17-year old Indian-origin girl Vaneeza Rupani has named the 1st helicopter to be built for Mars as ‘Ingenuity’ after she submitted her essay in NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) ‘Name the Rover’ competition.
- Which Indian state government hospital has deployed robot named “KARMI-Boot”which was developed by ASIMOV robotics.
2) Tamil Nadu
In order to assist COVID-19 patients, robot named “KARMI-Boot” was deployed by Kerala government hospital at the medical college’s COVID-19 isolation ward in Ernakulamhere, Kerala, which was developed by ASIMOV robotics under maker village of Kerala start-up mission.
- Soyuz MS-15 has returned after the International Space Station’s 62nd Expedition with 3 members recently. Soyuz MS-15 is the spacecraft of which country?
1) United States
Three members of the International Space Station’s 62nd Expedition returned to Earth early April 16, 2020 on board the Russian Soyuz MS-15 spacecraft. Roscosmos cosmonaut Oleg Skripochka, commander of Expedition 62 and Soyuz MS-15, joined by NASA Flight Engineers Jessica Meir and Andrew Morgan, closed the hatches between their spacecraft and the ISS’s Zvezda module at around 22:30 UTC on April 16th.
- Name the cricket team which has got 1st place since 2016 by racing past India in recent test men’s team rankings released by ICC.
2) Sri Lanka
4) New Zealand
India has lost its top spot & has slipped to the 3rd position(114) for the first time since 2016 in the International Cricket Council (ICC) test rankings, Australia(116) topped the rank, followed by New Zealand(115).
- Name the person who authored the book titled “Shivaji in South Block: The Unwritten History of a Proud People”.
1) Sudha Murthy
2) Chetan Bhagat
3) Uma Balasubramanian
4) Girish Kuber
5) Aravind Panagariya
Answer-4) Girish Kuber
A New book named” Shivaji in South Block: The Unwritten History of a Proud People” written by journalist Girish Kuber talks about the Maharashtra’s evolution from the past to the modern times and its contribution to the tapestry of the country’s culture, politics, history and society.
- Subimal ‘Chuni ’Goswami who passed away recently, belongs to which sports?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Former India football captain Subimal Goswami, commonly known by his nickname Chuni Goswami, passed away at the age of 82 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was born on January 15, 1938, in Kishoreganj, now Bangladesh. He was the captain of the 1962 Asian Games gold-medal winning team and had also represented Bengal in first-class cricket tournaments.
- Ronald Vivian Smith who died in April 2020 is ______.
Eminent author and columnist Ronald Vivian Smith passed away at the age of 81 in Delhi, due to age-related ailments. He was born in 1938 in Agra, Uttar Pradesh (UP). RV Smith was the former News Editor for The Statesman and also worked with the Press Trust of India (PTI) and was best-known for his writings in Delhi.
- Anti-apartheid activist Denis Theodore Goldberg, who passed away recently belongs to which country?
2) South Africa
3) United States
Answer-2) South Africa
South-African anti-apartheid activist Denis Theodore Goldberg passed away at the age of 87 due to lung cancer and diabetes in Cape Town, South Africa. He was born on April 11, 1933, in Cape Town, South Africa (SA).
- International Labour Day was celebrated annually on which date?
1) May 17
2) April 18
3) July 7
4) May 1
5) June 30
Answer-4) May 1
May 1st of every year is acknowledged as International Labours day, an official public holiday in many countries all over the world as a tribute to the workers across the globe. It is also known as Workers day or May day. The origin of May day differs from country to country but the common theme is the working class taking a stand against exploitation enforced on them.
- Name the Union MSME minster who launched ‘MSME Bank of Ideas, Innovation and Research’ portal recently.
1) Pralhad Singh Pated
2) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Answer-3) Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister of Road transport & Highways and MSME (Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises) Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari has launched ‘MSME Bank of Ideas, Innovation and Research’ portal (http://ideas.msme.gov.in/) through Video Conference from Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Ministry of shipping has launched reconstructed website (shipmin.gov.in), based on open source technology and is deployed on the National Informatics Centre (NIC) cloud named ________.
The Ministry of Shipping has launched its reconstructed website (shipmin.gov.in), which is based on open source technology and is deployed on the National Informatics Centre(NIC) cloud Meghraj.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Minister of Science and Technology in India?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Pralhad Joshi
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Smriti Irani
5) Harsh Vardhan
Answer-5) Harsh Vardhan
Dr. Harsh Vardhan is the present science and technology minister of India.
- Where is the HQ of International Tennis Federation (ITF) located?
The HQ of International Tennis Federation (ITF) located at London, United Kingdom.
- What is the constituency of Ravi Shankar Prasad (Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology)?
4) Patna Sahib
Answer-4) Patna Sahib
Ministerof Electronics and Information Technology (Meity): Union Minister– Ravi Shankar Prasad(Constituency- Patna Sahib, Bihar)
- What is the capital of Australia?
The capital and currency of Australia is Canberra and Australian dollar respectively.
- Who is the present Governor of West Bengal?
1) Phagu Chauhan
2) Banwarilal Purohit
3) Ramesh Bais
4) Anil Baijal
5) Jagdeep Dhankhar
Answer-5) Jagdeep Dhankhar
Jagdeep Dhankhar is the present Governor of the state West Bengal.