AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 March 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who address on the 5th Asia Economic Dialogue (AED) 2021 that was held virtually under the theme “Post Covid-19 Global Trade and Finance Dynamics”?
1) Anurag Thakur
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Narendra Modi
4) S. Jaishankar
5) Piyush Goyal
Answer-4) S. Jaishankar
On February 26-28, 2021, the 5th Asia Economic Dialogue (AED) 2021 was virtually convened by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), India and Pune International Centre (PIC) on the theme “Post Covid-19 Global Trade and Finance Dynamics”. Its inaugural session was addressed by Union Minister Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, MEA on “Resilient Global Growth in a Post-Pandemic World”. The former Indian Ambassador to China, Pakistan and Bhutan, Mr. Gautam Bambawale is the Convenor of AED 2021.
- Which organisation released the State of India’s Environment 2021 (SoE 2021) annual report?
1) Down to Earth
2) Amnesty International
3) The Nature Conservancy
4) World Resources Institute
5) United Nations Environment Programme
Answer-1) Down to Earth
According to the State of India’s Environment 2021 (SoE 2021) Annual report released by Down to Earth Magazine in association with Centre for Science & Environment (CSE), India is set to begin a ‘pandemic generation’ as 375 million children (0-14 year-olds) may suffer long-lasting impacts such as underweight, stunting & increased child mortality, to losses in education & work productivity due to pandemic.
- Which country gifted its F-86 Sabre aircraft as a return gift to Indian Air Force’s Alouette III War Helicopter?
3) Sri Lanka
In order to mark the Golden Jubilee of 1971 War of Liberation, IAF (Indian Air Force) Chief RKS Bhadauria gifted a Legacy Alouette III Helicopter to Bangladesh Air Force (BAF), in return BAF gifted a legacy F-86 Sabre aircraft to the IAF. The exchange of aircraft took place in Dhaka during RKS Bhadauria’ 4-day visit to Bangladesh in February, 2021. IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria was inducted into the ‘Mirpur Hall of Fame’ at Defence Services Command and Staff College (DSCSC), Dhaka.
- Which Insurance provider has launched the ‘SMEInsure’ portal that is aimed at providing financial security to 5 crore MSME’s?
1) Alliance Insurance
2) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
3) National Insurance Company
4) Future Generali India Insurance Company
5) ICICI Lombard
Answer-1) Alliance Insurance
In order to provide financial security to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), small shop and business owners on February 28, 2021, Alliance Insurance launched SMEInsure. It is a portal to insure 5 crore Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) under the insurance category. The target of Alliance Insurance is to reach more than 5 crore SMEs in the first year and expect a revenue of Rs 10 crore.
- As per the data of National Statistical Office (NSO), with an estimated GDP of ____% in Q3FY21, India has technically exited from recession.
In accordance with the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) second advanced estimate, the growth of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is estimated at 0.4% in Q3FY21 (October-December, 2020) stating India’s exit from technical recession. For FY20 also, NSO lowered the economic growth to 4% from 4.2%.
- Who’s Chairmanship at the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has been extended (in Mar’21) for 3 months by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC)?
1) U. B. Pravin Rao
2) M. Ajit Kumar
3) Pramod Chandra Mody
4) Tarun Bajaj
5) Alok Verma
Answer-3) Pramod Chandra Mody
The Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India announced that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved a 3-month extension in the reappointment of Pramod Chandra Mody as Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Who recently (in Mar’21) got appointed as the Assistant Secretary-General (SG) and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)?
1) Ligia Noronha
2) C.K. Mishra
3) Aidan Gallagher
4) Satya Tripathi
5) Inger Andersen
Answer-1) Ligia Noronha
UN Chief Antonio Guterres has appointed Indian economist Ligia Noronha as Assistant Secretary-General (SG) and Head of the New York(NY) Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). She will succeed fellow Indian and development economist Satya Tripathi.
- Which country recently (in Feb’21) launched ‘Arktika-M’ satellite to monitor the climate change in Artic?
Russia launched the ‘Arktika-M’ 1st satellite to monitor climate change in the Arctic Region. The satellite was launched from a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan. Arktika-M is 1st of the two satellites launched by Russia for creating a Hydro meteorological & climate monitoring system to monitor the climate & environment in the Arctic. The Arctic holds huge reserves of Oil & Gas which are being eyed by countries like the United States, Canada, Norway & Russia.
- Who won Gold Medal in the Women’s 53 Category of XXIV Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial Tournament, that was held at Kyiv, Ukraine?
1) Sakshi Malik
2) Babita Kumari
3) Vinesh Phogat
4) Ritu Phogat
5) Geeta Phogat
Answer-3) Vinesh Phogat
Indian Wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the Gold Medal in the Women’s 53 Category of XXIV Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial Tournament held at Kyiv (also known as Kiev), Ukraine. She is the only Indian Woman Wrestler to have qualified for the Tokyo Games.
- What is the theme of 2021’s National Science Day that was observed on 28th February?
1) Make in India: S&T driven innovations
2) Science and Technology for a sustainable future
3) Future of STI: Impacts on Education, Skills, and Work
4) Science for the People, and People for the Science
5) Women in Science
Answer-3) Future of STI: Impacts on Education, Skills, and Work
National Science day is annually observed across India on 28th February to commemorate the discovery of ‘Raman Effect’ by Indian Physicist Sir CV Raman for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930. The theme of the National Science Day 2021 is “Future of Science and Technology and Innovation(STI): Impact on Education, Skills and Work”. In the 2021 Union Budget, the Government of India has allocated Rs.50000 crores over 5 years for the National Research Foundation to support research in the field of Science.