AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, the Defence Ministry gave approval for the ‘Second Positive Indigenisation List’.
Identify the points that are correctly related to India’s Indigenisation in Defence sector:
A) India Targets to attain Rs. 35,000 crores worth Defence Exports by 2025
B) In the Second List, a total of 101 items like Helicopters, Submarines were included for indegenous manufacturing
C) At present, India exports Cheetal helicopters to Afghanistan, Dhruv Helicopters to Nepal
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only AAnswer-4) Only A & C
On 31st May 2021, Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh approved the ‘Second Positive Indigenisation List’ comprising 108 items Helicopters, Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) systems.
i.India has set a Defence Exports Target of Rs. 35,000 Crores by 2025.
ii.India’s defence exports stand at nearly Rs. 11,000 crores in 2018-19.
iii.Some of India’s Defence Exports- Cheetal helicopters to Afghanistan, Dhruv Helicopters and bulletproof jackets to Nepal, OPVs to Mauritius
- Which of the following is Wrong with respect to the outcomes of the 74th session of the World Health Assembly (WHA)?
A) 74th WHA was conducted by WHO under the Theme, “Ending this pandemic, preventing the next: building together a healthier, safer and fairer world”
B) January 30 was unanimously adopted as “World Non-Communicable Disease Day”
C) Global Coordination Mechanism (GCM) for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) is extended until 2030
1) Only B & C
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only AAnswer-2) Only B
74th session of the World Health Assembly (WHA) of World Health Organization (WHO) held virtually from Geneva, Switzerland amid COVID-19, from 24th May to 31st May 2021.
Theme – “Ending this pandemic, preventing the next: building together a healthier, safer and fairer world”.
i.During the 74th WHA, January 30 was unanimously adopted as ‘World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Day’. The proposal was submitted by the UAE.
ii.WHA extended the Global Coordination Mechanism (GCM) for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) until 2030.
- What is India’s projected GDP growth rate for 2021 by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), as of June 2021?
5) 7.3%Answer-3) 9.9%
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), in its Economic Outlook, reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast in 2021 to 9.9 percent from its earlier projection of 12.6 percent (March 2021).
It also projected GDP growth for India at 10 percent in FY22 and 8 percent in FY23.
- Who received the ‘WHO Director-General Special Award’ for 2021 from WHO on the World No Tobacco Day?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
3) Kuldip Narayan
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Balram BhargavaAnswer-4) Harsh Vardhan
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has awarded Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan with ‘WHO Director-General Special Award’ for his accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.
i.Madhya Pradesh Voluntary Health Association (MPVHA) and Uttar Pradesh Tobacco Control Cell were also awarded for their efforts in prevention and control of tobacco.
- In May 2021, Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra was appointed as the interim Chairman of Which organisation?
1) Indian Railways
2) Central Bureau of Investigation
3) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
4) National Investigation Agency
5) Central Board of Direct TaxesAnswer-5) Central Board of Direct Taxes
Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra (J B Mohapatra), a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, was appointed as the interim chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Who was appointed (in May’21) as the new President of Confederation of Indian Industry(CII)?
1) Uday Kotak
2) T.V. Narendran
3) Uday Shankar
4) Pawan Munjal
5) Sanjiv BajajAnswer-2) T.V. Narendran
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has elected Tata Steel Ltd Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and Managing Director(MD) T.V. Narendran, as its President for the year 2021-22.
- _____________ won Gold medal for India in the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships that was held in ______________ in May 2021.
1) Shiva Thapa; Dubai, UAE
2) Sanjeet Kumar; Doha, Qatar
3) Amit Panghal; Dubai, UAE
4) Sanjeet Kumar; Dubai, UAE
5) Amit Panghal; Doha, QatarAnswer-Sanjeet Kumar; Dubai, UAE
Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC) Asian Elite Men and Women Boxing Championships was conducted in Dubai, UAE. The event was organised by Boxing Federation of India (BFI) in association with UAE Boxing Federation.
i.Sanjeet Kumar defeated the five-time Asian Championships medallist and 2016 Olympic silver medalist Vassiliy Levit of Kazakhstan in the Finals.
ii.Pooja Rani Bohra won her 2nd consecutive continental title.
- Eminent Author Eric Carle passed away in May 2021. Name the famous picture book authored by him.
1) Where the Wild Things Are
2) The Very Hungry Caterpillar
3) Goodnight Moon
4) The Tale of Peter Rabbit
5) The Snowy DayAnswer-2) The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Eminent Author, German-American designer & Illustrator, Eric Carle passed away at the age of 91 in Northampton, Massachusetts, United States (U.S.). He was well known for his picture book, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’.
- When is World Blood Cancer Day annually observed to support people with Blood Cancer?
1) 27th May
2) 30th May
3) 28th May
4) 31st May
5) 1st JuneAnswer-3) 28th May
World Blood Cancer Day is annually observed across the globe on 28th May to mark their support to the people with Blood Cancer.
- Which state government is planning to launch the “Smart Kitchen” scheme to reduce the workload of women’s domestic labour?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Kerala
Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister(CM) of Kerala has announced that the 3-member Secretary level committee is set to make the guidelines and recommendations for the Smart Kitchen scheme by 10th July 2021.