AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What was the estimated capital need for India between 2020-2030, for transition towards Electric Vehicles (EVs) adoption, as per the report released by NITI Aayog & Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) in January 2021?
1) INR 10 Lakh Crores
2) INR 19.7 Lakh Crores
3) INR 15.5 Lakh Crores
4) INR 17 Lakh Crores
5) INR 21.7 Lakh CroresAnswer-2) INR 19.7 Lakh Crores
According to the report ‘Mobilising Finance for EVs in India: A Toolkit of Solutions to Mitigate Risks and Address Market Barriers, January 2021’ released by NITI Aayog & Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), India’s transition towards Electric Vehicles (EVs) adoption between the years 2020-2030 will need a capital of INR 19.7 Lakh Crores (USD 266 Billion) they will be utilized for construction of vehicles, charging stations, and batteries & other infrastructures.
- When was the 2021 ASEAN-India Hackathon conducted?
1) February 1-3
2) January 30 – February 2
3) January 28-30
4) January 27-31
5) January 31 – February 3Answer-1) February 1-3
On 1st February, 2021 Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed the inaugural session of 2021’s ASEAN-India Hackathon. ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon 2021 is launched by Association of Southeast Asian Nation (ASEAN) in partnership with Ministry of Education (MoE). The event an Initiative by the Ministry of Education is aimed at Economic development through collaboration in education, science and technology, exchange of thoughtful leadership works. This is a 36 hours’ event conducted online from 1st – 3rd February 2021.
- When was the Indigenous Tejas Mark II Multirole Combat Jet planned to get launched by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)?
5) 2022Answer-5) 2022
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is planning to launch the Indigenous Tejas Mark II Multirole Combat Jet in August-September of 2022. The 1st high-speed trial of the jet will be started in 2023 and productions are expected to begin in 2025. The new version of Tejas will have Bigger fuselage, longer range, better maintainability, greater load carrying capability, stronger engine power & superior net-centric warfare systems.
- Where is India’s 1st Leather Park located?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
4) Ambur, Tamil Nadu
5) Kolkata, West BengalAnswer-3) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
The Government of Uttar Pradesh(UP) established India’s First Mega Leather Park in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. This project is expected to generate more than 50000 job opportunities and indirectly provide livelihood to more than 1.5 lakh individuals. The leather park will have all the facilities for production as well as exhibition of leather products. It will also have fooding and lodging arrangements for the investors who will come here from all over the world.
- In January 2021, PM Modi addressed the 125th anniversary celebrations of the ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal. Who started the ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal?
1) Aurobindo Ghosh
2) Swami Vivekananda
3) Mahatma Gandhi
4) Subhas Chandra Bose
5) Rabindranath TagoreAnswer-2) Swami Vivekananda
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 125th anniversary celebrations of the ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ journal. ‘Prabuddha Bharata’ is a monthly journal of the Ramakrishna Order which was started by Swami Vivekananda. It has been in publication since 1896 and carries articles on social sciences and humanities comprising historical, psychological, cultural and social sciences themes.
- Who recently (in Feb 2021), got appointed as the CEO of National Health Authority (NHA)?
1) Ram Sewak Sharma
2) Indu Bhushan
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) PD Vaghela
5) Shripad NaikAnswer-1) Ram Sewak Sharma
On February 1st, 2021 Ram Sewak Sharma (R.S. Sharma), former Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) took charge as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Health Authority (NHA) of India. R.S. Sharma replaced the outgoing CEO Indu Bhushan. NHA, an autonomous body is responsible for implementing Ayushman-Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- Which tableau received the Best tableau award during the 71st Republic Day parade?
1) Uttar Pradesh themed “Ayodhya: The cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh”
2) Uttarakhand themed “Dev Bhoomi”
3) Tripura themed “Eco-Friendly and Aatma-Nirbhar”
4) Sikkim themed “Pang Lhabsol Festival”
5) Punjab themed “400th Birthday Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur”Answer-1) Uttar Pradesh themed “Ayodhya: The cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh”
The Republic Day parade tableau of Uttar Pradesh was adjudged as the best tableau among the 32 tableaux that participated in the Parade on 26th January 2021. The theme of the UP tableau was “Ayodhya: The cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh”.
i.Department of Biotechnology won the top honours among the 9 tableaus from various ministries.
ii.Jat Regimental Centre Marching Contingent has been adjudged as the best marching contingent among the three services.
iii.Mount Abu Public School and Vidya Bharti School Rohini, Delhi won the best cultural performance award.
- What was India’s rank in the PHDCCI International Economic Resilience (IER) for 2021?
5) 1stAnswer- 3) 2nd
According to the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) International Economic Resilience (IER), India is set to emerge as the 2nd Most Resilience Economy in 2021 among top-10 leading economies showcasing the strong recovery of Indian Economy in the Post COVID-19 era. Germany took the top spot & South Korea took the 3rd spot. The growth promising Sectors for the Indian economy in the new year 2021 include Agri & food processing, Real estate, Infrastructure, Automobiles, Information Technology, E-Commerce, Health.
- What was the theme of 2021’s World Leprosy Day?
1) Ending discrimination, stigma and prejudice
2) Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and Advocate for Mental Well-Being
3) To live is to help to live
4) Zero Disabilities in Girls and Boys
5) Leprosy isn’t what you thinkAnswer-2) Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and Advocate for Mental Well-Being
World Leprosy Day is annually observed across the globe on the last Sunday of January to create awareness about leprosy, also known as Hansen’s Disease. The theme of the 2021 World Leprosy day is “Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and Advocate for Mental Well-Being”. Annually, India celebrates the World Leprosy day on 30th January, the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Leprosy is a chronic infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium leprae. Leprosy is curable with a combination of drugs known as MDT.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), the book “The Life at Play: A Memoir by Girish Karnad” was translated to English. In which language the book was initially published?
5) KannadaAnswer-5) Kannada
The English translation of the “The Life at Play: A Memoir by Girish Karnad” the Kannada book authored by Girish Karnad is set to be released on the 83rd birth anniversary of Girish Karnad, on 19th May 2021 by Fourth Estate, an imprint of HarperCollins Publisher. The Kannada book is translated into English by writer and translator Srinath Perur and Girish Karnad. The kannada book was first published in 2011.