AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where has the first of its kind “Organ Donor Memorial” been inaugurated virtually in the country on the occasion of 11th National Organ Donation Day celebration?
On 27th November, 2020 in the occasion of 11th National Organ Donation Day celebration at Jaipur, Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot inaugurated virtually the first of its kind “Organ Donor Memorial” in the country.
- Name the India Observatory that has been accorded ‘Milestone’ facility status by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
1) The Vainu Bappu Observatory, Tamil Nadu
2) The Gauribidanur Observatory, Karnataka
3) Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Tamil Nadu
4) Indian Astronomical Observatory, Hanle
5) The Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope Observatory, Maharashtra
Answer-5) The Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope Observatory, Maharashtra
The Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) Observatory situated at Khodad, Pune, Maharashtra has been accorded ‘Milestone’ facility status by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). The status recognizes GMRT’s contributions for exploring the Universe through the field of Radio Astronomy. It is the 3rd Indian Project in 125 years to get such a recognition.
- Where did PM Narendra Modi virtually lay foundation stone 45 MW Production Plant of Monocrystalline Solar PhotoVoltaic Panel’ and ‘Centre of Excellence on Water Technology’ during the occasion of 8th Convocation day of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University?
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the students through video conference on the occasion of 8th Convocation day of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.PM laid foundation stone 45 MW Production Plant of Monocrystalline Solar PhotoVoltaic Panel’ and ‘Centre of Excellence on Water Technology’.
- Which State is celebrating the 21st edition of Hornbill festival 2020 from 1st-5th of December organised virtually for the first time due to the pandemic?
Nagaland started celebrating the 21st edition of Hornbill festival 2020 from 1st-5th of December organised virtually for the first time due to the pandemic. Hornbill festival known as “Festival of Festivals” is organised by the state tourism of arts and culture department of Nagaland at the Naga Heritage Village of Kisama, Kohima.It is a 10-day event. Started in 2000, the festival is conducted every year from December 1-10 in line with the Nagaland State Foundation day on 1st December.
- Who launched the 2nd Edition of “Fit India School Week” program on November 25, 2020?
1) Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank’
2) Dr Harsh Vardhan
3) Smriti Irani
4) Narendra Modi
5) Kiren Rijiju
Answer-5) Kiren Rijiju
Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju virtually launched the 2nd Edition of “Fit India School Week” program on November 25, 2020.
- Name the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) initiative launched by Narendra Singh Tomar, Union minister for agriculture and farmers welfare to train the farmers in primary cooperative societies in rural India (November 2020).
1) Sahakar Mitra
2) Sahakar Pragya
3) Yuva Sahakar
4) Ayushman Sahakar
5) Sahakar Shakti
Answer-2) Sahakar Pragya
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union minister for agriculture and farmers welfare launched ‘Sahakar Pragya’, an initiative of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC). The 45 new training modules of Sahakar Pragya of NCDC will impart training to primary cooperative societies in rural areas of India along with Lakshmanrao Inamdar National Cooperative Research and Development Academy (LINAC).
- Which State Government launched a One Time Settlement (OTS) Scheme 2020 for the repayment of long-pending electricity dues?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
To serve the interest of People towards the repayment of long-pending electricity dues because of various reasons caused by the pandemic, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has launched a One Time Settlement (OTS) Scheme 2020; a state welfare scheme from the Department of Electricity to provide waivers for the pending electricity bill payments.
Consumers can pay bills in Installments, Waivers to the Late Payment fees are applied to the customers based on the initial amount paid or by the minimum time period of repayment, No limit on the outstanding dues pending for payments.
- Name the Indian Foreign Secretary who inaugurated Three schools built under Indian assistance in Nepal’s Gorkha district (November 27, 2020).
1) Rajiv Gauba
2) T S Trimurti
3) Anil Kumar Gupta
4) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
5) Injeti Srinivas
Answer-4) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
Indian Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla inaugurated Three schools built under Indian assistance in Nepal’s Gorkha district. He also inaugurated a Buddhist renovated Tashop (Tare) Gompa Monastery in the Manang district with India’s assistance, in Manang district during his visit to Nepal.Gorkha district is one of the most affected region in April 2015 earthquake in Nepal.
- Which Bank signed a MoU with SIDBI to enable MSME borrowers to use the web module i.e. Asset Restructuring Module for MSMEs-Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (ARM-MSMEs) launched by SIDBI in partnership with India SME Asset Reconstruction Company (ISARC)?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Bank of India
5) Indian Bank
Answer-5) Indian Bank
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in partnership with India SME Asset Reconstruction Company (ISARC) has launched Asset Restructuring Module for MSMEs-Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (ARM-MSMEs) in other words Do-It-Yourself (DIY) web module. This web portal helps MSMSEs to get benefit of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s one-time debt restructuring. The portal is offered as part of SIDBI’s developmental initiatives.
Indian Bank has signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with SIDBI to enable MSME borrowers to use the web module.
- HexGn has signed a MoU with which body to promote more than 1000 Agritech (Agricultural Technology) Startups in India in the next 5 year?
1) Food Corporation of India (FCI)
2) NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
3) SIDBI (Small Industries Development Bank of India)
4) NITI Aayog
5) AFC India Ltd (formerly Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd)
Answer-5) AFC India Ltd (formerly Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd)
HexGn and AFC India Ltd (formerly Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd) have entered into a collaborative partnership to promote more than 1000 Agritech (Agricultural Technology) Startups in India in the next 5 year. In this regard, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between HexGn and AFC India Ltd on 16th November, 2020 at Delhi, India. AFC, along with HexGn, seeks to handhold and build a community of entrepreneurs in the field of agri-tech, which creates enormous economic value and employment / self-employment opportunities.
- Who has been appointed as interim chairperson of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)?
1) Dilip Rath
2) T Nanda Kumar
3) Varsha Joshi
4) Renu Devi
5) Kamala Harris
Answer-3) Varsha Joshi
The Government of India appointed Varsha Joshi, the Joint Secretary (CDD), Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, as the new interim Chairperson of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- Which Organization appointed Sandeep Kataria as the CEO (1st Indian to be appointed as the global CEO) of the organization?
1) Red Chief
2) Parle Agro
Sandeep Kataria, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bata India has been elevated as the CEO of Bata Organization. He becomes the 1st Indian to be appointed as the global CEO of Bata. He succeeds Alexis Nasard.
- Which state government has appointed Amitabh Jain, a 1989-batch IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer as the state’s chief secretary?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
Chhattisgarh Government appointed Amitabh Jain, a 1989-batch IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer as the state’s chief secretary. He succeeds Rajendra Prasad (R.P.) Mandal who retired from services.
- Who chaired the 19th meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Heads of Government (India’s first Summit-level Meeting held under India’s Chairmanship) virtually hosted by India?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Rajnath Singh
3) S Jaishankar
4) M Venkaiah Naidu
5) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer-4) M Venkaiah Naidu
India virtually hosted the 19th meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Heads of Government (SCO CHG) which was chaired by Vice President of India Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu from New Delhi. This was the first Summit-level Meeting held under India’s Chairmanship, since it gained full -membership of the organization in 2017. India assumed the Chairmanship of the SCO Council of Heads of Government on 2 November 2019 as per rotation from the previous Chair Uzbekistan. Now with this meeting it completed its year long tenure. Venkaiah Naidu launched the first ever SCO Online 3D Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage, during the meeting.
- The central government has formed a committee to oversee the construction of the new Parliament house. How many members are there in the committee?
The central government has formed a 5 member committee to oversee the construction of the new Parliament house. The committee will also ensure that the design elements are followed and the heritage character of the old Parliament building is maintained. After the request from Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, the committee is being formed. The committee will comprise joint secretaries from the Lok Sabha Secretariat, CPWD (Central Public Works Department), and the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA). Along with them, there will be representation from Tata Projects and HCP.
- Which City has been ranked as most polluted city in the world as per Air Pollution Data released by United States (US) Air Quality Index?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Lahore, Pakistan
3) Kathmandu, Nepal
4) Beijing, China
5) Ghaziabad, India
Answer-2) Lahore, Pakistan
According to Air Pollution Data released by United States (US) Air Quality Index on November 30, 2020 Lahore, Pakistan topped the list of World’s most Polluted Cities. It reported a Particulate Matter (PM) rating of 423 (Hazardous). New Delhi with a PM of 229 (very unhealthy) came Second followed by Nepal’s Kathmandu with a PM of 178 (unhealthy). Particulate Matter (PM) are small microscopic particles of solid or liquid matter which are suspended in air.
- Which Country topped the Asia in bribery, use of personal connections to access public services as per the 10th edition of the report titled “Global Corruption Barometer (GCB)-Asia 2020” by corruption watchdog Transparency International?
5) Sri Lanka
In accordance with the 10th edition of the report titled “Global Corruption Barometer (GCB)-Asia 2020” by corruption watchdog Transparency International, India has the highest bribery rate of 39% in Asia and the highest rate of people (46%) who use personal connections to access public services. Nearly 50% people who paid bribes were asked to while 32% of those who used personal connections said they would not receive the service otherwise. This report is based upon the fieldwork conducted in 17 countries covering nearly 20,000 citizens in June-September 2020 seeking their perception of and experiences with corruption in the past twelve months.
- Which Country has recorded largest reduction of malaria cases in South-East Asia from 20 million in 2000 to about 5.6 million in 2019 according to the “World Malaria Report 2020” released by World Health Organisation (WHO)?
In accordance with the “World Malaria Report 2020” released by World Health Organisation (WHO), India recorded the largest reduction of malaria cases in South-East Asia from 20 million in 2000 to about 5.6 million in 2019. On the global front, there were about 229 million malaria cases in 2019 and claimed about 409,000 lives, compared to 411,000 in 2018.
- Which institute has topped the QS Asia University Rankings 2021 released by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in association with King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)?
1) Tsinghua University (China)
2) National University of Singapore (NUS)
5) Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Answer- 2) National University of Singapore (NUS)
The global higher education think-tank, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has released the QS Asia University Rankings 2021 in association with King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) for the Asia’s best higher education institutions in. The ranking has been topped by National University of Singapore (NUS) for the 3rd consecutive year. On Indian front, three Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have made it to the top 50 viz. IIT-Bombay (37), IIT-Delhi (47) and IIT-Madras (50) but no Indian university got placed in top-10 list.Following table shows top 5 Asian Institutes:
Rank University/Institute Country 1 National University of Singapore (NUS) Singapore 2 Tsinghua University China (Mainland) 3 Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore 4 University of Hong Kong (HKU) Hong Kong 5 Zhejiang University China (Mainland)
- Which Anti-Ship version missile was successfully test-fired from the Andaman & Nicobar Islands Territory & It was the first time that the missile was flight tested by 3 Services of the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Air Force & Navy)?
India successfully Test Fired the Anti-Ship version of the BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile from the Andaman & Nicobar Islands Territory. It was the first time that the missile was flight tested by 3 Services of the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Air Force & Navy). On November 30, 2020, the Basin Trials of Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) was conducted successfully at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL). The basin trials marked the entry of the warship building project into the final phase.
- Which Public Sector Organisation delivered ‘C32-LH2’ Cryogenic Propellant Tank to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru, Karnataka?
1) Defense Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
3) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
4) Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL)
5) Steal Authority of India (SAIL)
Answer-2) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) delivered ‘C32-LH2’ Cryogenic Propellant Tank to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is Biggest ever cryogenic propellant tank fabricated by HAL. C32-LH2 is made of aluminium alloy and has been designed to improve the payload capability of GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) MK-III launching vehicle. The 4-metre diameter tank is of 8-metres length to load around 5, 755 Kg propellant in the 89 Cubic Metre Volume. The total length of weld carried out on the tank during various stages of quality requirement is 115 metres. The welds have been done to meet 100% quality requirements on radiography, dye penetrant check and leak-proof.
- Sphaerotheca Bengaluru is a new species of ________, discovered in a barren tract of land near Rajankunte, outskirts of Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Team of researchers discovered a new species of Frog – Sphaerotheca Bengaluru, a type of burrowing frog, outside its natural habitat in a barren tract of land near Rajankunte, outskirts of Bengaluru. The new species is a part of the team’s effort in documenting the “Amphibians in the Deccan Plateau parts of Karnataka”.
- Who released a booklet titled “PM Modi and His Government’s Special Relationship with Sikhs” on the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanthi?
1) Prakash Javdekar
2) Hardeep Singh Puri
3) M Venkaiah Naidu
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) both 1 & 2
Answer-5) both 1 & 2
Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting (I&B) along with Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (MoS) for Civil Aviation and Housing & Urban Affairs released the booklet titled “PM Modi and His Government’s Special Relationship with Sikhs”. The booklet was produced by the Bureau of Outreach Communication under the Ministry of I&B (MIB) was released on the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanthi, the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ji. The book was released in 3 languages: Hindi, Punjabi and English.
- Who authored the book titled “Indian Icon: A Cult Called Royal Enfield” which maps the story of the company and the brand “Royal Enfield”?
1) Gautam Bhattacharya
2) Bhavana Balakrishnan
3) Amrit Raj
4) Raju Bharatan
5) Rohit Brijnath
Answer-3) Amrit Raj
Senior business journalist Amrit Raj authored his new book titled “Indian Icon: A Cult Called Royal Enfield” which maps the story of the company and the brand “Royal Enfield”, a premium homegrown brand for the global market. The book was published by Westland Books. The book narrates the story behind the making of the Royal Enfield, and the journey of the brand beginning in 1950s to the brand becoming an iconic status in India.
- Which state celebrates the Lachit Divas on 24th November to remember the valor of Chao Lachit Borphukan an army general of Ahom Kingdom?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
The Lachit Divas is annually celebrated across the state of Assam in India on 24th November to remember the valor of Chao Lachit Borphukan, an army general of Ahom Kingdom (now Guwahati, Assam).Lachit Divas is celebrated across India since 2017.
The day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of the state Hero Lachit Borphukan.
- What was the 2020 theme of the World AIDS (Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) Day observed on 1st December globally?
1) Global solidarity, resilient HIV services
2) Communities make the difference
3) Know Your Status
4) My Health, My Right
5) On the fast track to end AIDS
Answer-1) Global solidarity, resilient HIV services
The World AIDS (Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) Day is annually observed across the globe on 1st December to show support to the people infected with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and to remember the people who passed away due to AIDS and other related diseases. The first World AIDS Day was observed in 1988, which was the first international day for global health. WHO theme for World AIDS Day 2020 is “Global solidarity, resilient HIV services”. The United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) published the 2020 World AIDS Day report titled “Reimagining a resilient HIV response for children, adolescents and pregnant women living with HIV” on 25th November 2020.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) of India annually celebrates its Raising Day on which day?
1) December 1
2) November 30
3) November 29
4) November 28
5) November 27
Answer-1) December 1
The Border Security Force (BSF) of India annually celebrates its Raising Day on 1st December. The 1st December 2020 marks the 56th Raising Day of BSF. The Border Security Force (BSF), India’s first line of Defence was raised in accordance with an Act of the Parliament on 1st December, 1965, following the India-Pakistan War of 1965.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary located?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary is located at a distance of about 32.0 km from Bikaner. In former times, it was a hunting ground for the Maharajah of Bikaner. There is a lake in this sanctuary and a variety of animals come here to quench their thirst in summer.
- Where is Kandla port (renamed as Deendayal Port Trust) located?
5) Tamil Nadu
Kandla, officially Deendayal Port Trust is a seaport in Kutch District of Gujarat state in Western India, near the city of Gandhidham. Located on the Gulf of Kutch, it is one of major ports on the west coast.
- Where is Kanger Ghati National Park located?
1) West Bengal
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Kanger Ghati National Park was declared a national park in 1982 by the Government of India. Near Jagdalpur in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, it is one of India’s densest national parks, and is known for its biodiversity, landscape, waterfalls, and subterranean geomorphologic limestone caves, and as the home of the Bastar hill myna, the state bird of Chhattisgarh.
- Guru Ghasidas Tiger Reserve is located in which Indian state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
Guru Ghasidas Park also known as Sanjay National Park is located in Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh government announced that the state is set to have Guru Ghasidas National Park in Kotiya district as its fourth ‘tiger reserve’. This decision was taken in 11th meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had approved to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park as a tiger reserve in 2014.
- Where is the headquarters of The National Dairy Development Board?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Anand, Gujarat
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Udaipur, Rajasthan
5) Surat, Gujarat
Answer-2) Anand, Gujarat
The National Dairy Development Board is an institution of national importance set up by an Act of Parliament of India. The main office is in Anand, Gujarat with regional offices throughout the country.