AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 2 August 2022 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
- Which country recently (in Aug ’22) commenced the 4th edition of the AL NAJAH-IV joint military exercise along with India in Rajasthan?
5) MongoliaAnswer- 4) Oman
The 4th edition of India-Oman joint military exercise AL NAJAH -IV will be held from August 1 to 13, 2022 at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan. It saw the participation of the Indian Army (IA), and the Royal Army of Oman (RAO).
i. The previous edition of Ex AL NAJAH was organized at Muscat from March 12 to 25, 2019.
ii. IA will be represented by troops from 18 Mechanized Infantry Battalion. RAO will be represented by the 60-member parachutes team of the Sultan of Oman.
- Name the Institute that was recently (in Aug ’22) signed an MoU with the Indian Navy to boost Self-Reliance in key Technologies.
1) NIT- Tiruchirappalli
2) IIT- Madras
3) IISc- Bengaluru
4) IIT- Kharagpur
5) IIT- KanpurAnswer-3) IISc- Bengaluru
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc)-Bengaluru, Karnataka signed an MoU with the Indian Navy to boost self-reliance in key technologies and to collaborate on aviation research and development.
i. Under the agreement, IISc will provide aid and assistance to the Navy to ramp up self-reliance efforts.
About Indian Navy:
Founded- 26 January 1950
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
Navy Chief-Admiral- R. Hari Kumar
- The Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) completed five years on 21st July 2022.
The PMVVY was launched in 2017 by which ministry?
1) Ministry of Women and Child Development
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Education
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5) Ministry of FinanceAnswer-5) Ministry of Finance
On 21st July 2022, the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) completed five years, the scheme was formally launched in 2017 by the Ministry of Finance.
i. The minimum investment required to participate in this scheme has been increased to Rs. 1,56,658 for a pension of 12,000 per year and to Rs. 1,62,162 for a pension of at least 1,000 rupees per month.
- Name the organisation that recently (in Aug ’22) adopted a resolution that recognised the right to a clean, healthy, and sustainable environment as a human right.
1) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
2) United Nations Children’s Fund
3) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
4) United Nations Environment Programme
5) United Nations General AssemblyAnswer-5) United Nations General Assembly
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/76/L.75 titled “The human right to a clean, healthy and sustainable environment” and declared the right to a clean, healthy and sustainable environment as a human right.
i. The resolution was adopted with 161 votes in favour, and 8 abstentions.
ii. This resolution recognised clean drinking water and sanitation as essential to the realisation of all human rights.
- According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index (as on 29th July 2022), Savitri Jindal (India) became Asia’s richest woman by surpassing ____________.
1) Yang Huiyan (China)
2) Gina Rinehart (Japan)
3) Fan Hongwei (China)
4) Kartini Muljadi (Indonesia)
5) Zhong Huijuan (China)Answer-1) Yang Huiyan (China)
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index (as on 29th July 2022), Savitri Jindal (India) became Asia’s richest woman by surpassing Yang Huiyan (China) due to the property crisis in China.
i. Yang Huiyan’s (majority shareholder of Country Garden Holdings) total wealth dropped to USD 11 billion from nearly USD 24 billion in 2021 and lost more than USD 1 billion in just one day.
ii. Savitri Jindal has a USD 11.3 billion fortune in the Jindal Group. She is India’s richest woman and the 10th-richest person in India of about 1.4 billion.
- Who recently (in July ’22) won the Hungarian Formula One (F1) Grand Prix 2022?
1) Max Verstappen
2) Lewis Hamilton
3) Carlos Sainz
4) Sergio Pérez
5) George RussellAnswer- 1) Max Verstappen
The world championship leader Max Verstappen (team Red Bull) won the Hungarian Formula one (F1) Grand Prix 2022. This is Max Verstappen’s 8th Grand Prix win of the year 2022.
i. The 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix (officially known as the Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydíj 2022) was a Formula One motor race held on 31 July 2022 at the Hungaroring in Mogyoród, Hungary over a distance of 70 laps.
ii. The race was the 37th Hungarian Grand Prix to be held as part of the Formula One World Championship.
iii. Seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton (team Mercedes) finished second in the race.
- Fidel Valdez Ramos recently (in Aug ’22) passed away. He is the former president of which country?
5) SingaporeAnswer-2) Philippines
Former Philippine President Fidel Valdez Ramos passed away at the age of 94 years in Makati, Philippines. Fidel Valdez Ramos was born on March 18, 1928, in Lingayen, Pangasinan.
i. He was a Filipino general and politician who served as the 12th President of the Philippines from 1992 to 1998.
ii. He was also popularly known as FVR and Steady Eddie.
- Tata Power and Ela Foundation recently (in July’22) released their 4th book: “Amphibians of the Northern Western Ghats”, authored by whom?
1) Bidhan Kanti Das
2) Erach Bharucha
3) Madhav Gadgil
4) Satish Pande
5) Vandana ShivaAnswer-4) Satish Pande
Tata Power, in association with Ela Foundation, has released the fourth book in a series on ‘Amphibians of the Northern Western Ghats’, which was authored by Satish Pande with inputs from Vivek Vishwasrao and Gram Purohit.
i. The Book is a photographic guide to all 52 species of amphibians in Gujarat, Diu, Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra and Goa, highlighting the rich biodiversity of the western ghats of Maharashtra.
ii. According to the Ela Foundation, the book is the first of its kind and aimed at the conservation of the neglected taxon.
- What is the theme of the United Nations (UN)’s World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2022 that was observed across the globe on 1st to 7th August 2022?
1) Step up for Breastfeeding: Educated and Support
2) Empower parents, enable breastfeeding: Now and for the future!
3) Support breastfeeding for a healthier planet
4) Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life
5) Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared ResponsibilityAnswer-1) Step up for Breastfeeding: Educated and Support
The United Nations(UN)’s World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2022 was observed across the globe from 1st to 7th August 2022 with the theme of “Step up for Breastfeeding: Educated and Support”.
i. The day was celebrated to create public awareness and support for breastfeeding. The annual observance of World Breastfeeding Week is led by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA).
ii. World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) was first started in 1992 to generate public awareness and support for breastfeeding.
- Name the state government that recently (in Aug ’22) signed a tripartite MoU with NITI Aayog and Reach to Teach organisation for School Education Transformation.
2) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer- 5) Arunachal Pradesh
On the second anniversary of the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the State Government of Arunachal Pradesh (AR) inked a tripartite MoU with NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, and Reach to Teach organisation for a large-scale transformation in school education.
i. It is a three-year partnership (2022–25) agreement. NEP was launched by the Central Government on July 29, 2020.
ii. The MoU focuses on the enhancement of the learning outcome of students across 3,000 plus government schools in AR thereby reaching out to over two lakh children.