AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has participated in 2nd Extraordinary G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting. Which country assumes G20 presidency for 2020?
2) Saudi Arabia
Answer-2) Saudi Arabia
Union finance & corporate affairs minister, Nirmala Sitharaman participates in the 2nd Extraordinary G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) virtual meeting to discuss the impact of COVID-19 in the global economy & coordinate efforts to respond to this global challenge. Saudi Arabia assumes the presidency for the year 2020.
- Which Indian department announces the postponement of implementation of the uniform stamp duty on Capital market instruments for 3 months (till July 1, 2020)?
1) Department of Financial services
2) Department of Economic affairs
3) Department of Expenditure
4) Department of Revenue
5) Department of Disinvestment
Answer-4) Department of Revenue
The Department of Revenue has postponed the implementation of the uniform stamp duty on transfer of shares, debentures, futures, options, currency and other capital market instruments by 3 months to 1 July 2020 from 1 April 2020.As part of the amendments, the stamp duty rates levied by Maharashtra will be taken as a benchmark as it accounts for 70% of the total collection.
- What is the limit for a person reside in J&K to become permanent resident of the UT (as per revised norms)?
1) 12 years
2) 15 years
3) 10 years
4) 20 years
5) 25 years
Answer-2) 15 years
A new definition for domicile for Jammu and Kashmir was introduced which has stated that a person residing in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir for at least 15 years or has studied for a period of seven years in Jammu and Kashmir and appeared in Class 10 or 12 examinations will now be eligible to be a permanent resident of the UT. This new rule was issued under the Section 3A of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Adaptation of State Laws Order 2020, under the Jammu and Kashmir civil services decentralisation and recruitment Act.
- Name the organisation which launched the competition titled “United Against Corona- Express through Art”, the art in the time of Corona.
1) Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
2) Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
3) Sahitya Akademi
4) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
5) National school for Culture
Answer-4) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) launched a competition titled “United Against Corona- Express through Art”, the art in the time of Corona. The aim of the competition is to unite citizens across the world. The competition was announced by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and this soft-power initiative is being organized by ICCR.
- The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) extends the foreign trade policy 2015-20 by 1 year to 2021. DGFT comes under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
3) Ministry of Heavy Industries
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Answer-5) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), the agency of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India (GoI), has extended the existing foreign trade policy (2015-20) for one year till March 2021.
- Name the Indian minister who launched DARPG’s [ Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances] National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID- 19 grievances.
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Ramesh Pokiryal
3) RS Prasad
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Amit Shah
Answer-1) Jitendra Singh
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, launched DARPG’s [ Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances] National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID- 19 grievances.
- How many classes of medical devices are notified under Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945 by GoI?
The government has regulated 24 classes of medical devices notified under Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945. Out of 24, for 4 scheduled medical devices- Cardiac Stents, Drug Eluting Stents, Condoms and, Intra Uterine Device (Cu-T)the ceiling prices is been fixed.
- What is the amount of rescue package needed for developing countries facing economic damage from the corona virus as per UNCTAD?
1) $ 3.5 trillion
2) $ 1 trillion
3) $ 2.5 trillion
4) $ 5 trillion
5) $ 3 trillion
Answer-3) $ 2.5 trillion
According to new analysis from United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) titled ‘The COVID-19 Shock to Developing Countries: Towards a ‘whatever ittakes’ programme for the two-thirds of the world’s population being left behind” the year 2020 will face world recession, mainly developing countries due to COVID-19 pandemic with an exception to India and China.United Nations (UN) asked USD 2.5 trillion rescue package for developing countries facing economic damage from the corona virus crisis.
- As per report titled “East Asia and Pacific in the Time of COVID-19″ the poverty is estimated to rise by 11 million in East Asia pacific region. Name the Organisation which released the report.
1) World Economic Forum
2) World Bank
3) International Monetary Fund
4) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
5) Food and Agriculture Organisation
Answer-2) World Bank
World Bank in its April 2020 Economic Update for East Asia and Pacific (EAP) titled “East Asia and Pacific in the Time of COVID-19″has stated that if the economic situation become worsen further due to COVID-19 consequences then the poverty is estimated to increase by about 11 million people in the EAP region.
- What is the revised PPF interest rate for 1st quarter of FY21 (lowest since 1977)?
The Centre government has decreased the Interest rates on small savings schemes for the first quarter (Q1-April to June) of FY 2020-21 by exercising the powers conferred under Rule 9(1) of the Government Saving Promotion General Rules, 2018.It should be noted that the Interest rate on public provident fund (PPF) scheme has been lowered to 1% (revised to 7.1%) for Q1FY 20-21 which is the lowest interest rate offered since 1977 or lowest in 43 years.
- What is the increased WMA (Ways and Means Advances) limit for the 1st half of FY21?
1) 1 Lakh Crore
2) 1.5 Lakh Crore
3) 1.2 Lakh Crore
4) 75,000 Crore
5) 50,000 Crore
Answer-3) 1.2 Lakh Crore
India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in consultation with the Government of India (GoI), has hiked the limit of Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the centre to Rs 1.2 lakh crore for the first half of the financial year 2020-21(FY21), up from Rs 75,000 crore in the first half of FY20, and Rs 35,000 crore for the second half of 2019-20.
- What is the revised period limit (before expiry of tenure) to submit re-appointment of MD&CEO in Private and Foreign Banks as per RBI (earlier it was 4 months)?
1) 2 months
2) 9 months
3) 6 months
4) 3 months
5) 12 months
Answer-3) 6 months
Reserve of Bank (RBI) has notified regarding the revision of norms for appointment and reappointment of Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of private sector & foreign banks. As per new norms, Proposal of re-appointment should be submitted 6 months in advance from 4 months earlier. Proposal for appointment of new MD & CEO or CEO should consist of a panel of at least 2 names in the order of preference(earlier was 3 names) & the proposal to be submitted at least 4 months before the expiry of the term of present incumbent office.
- What is the amount that was offered by World Bank to India for the proposed COVID-19 emergency response & health systems preparedness project?
1) USD 10 million
2) USD 50 million
3) USD 1 Billion
4) USD 150 million
5) USD 2 Billion
Answer-3) USD 1 Billion
The World Bank has offered USD 1 billion to India for the proposed a 4-year COVID-19 emergency response & health systems preparedness project which aims to develop the preparedness of India’s health care systems in the time of the pandemic & also to respond and mitigate the pandemic.
- Name the person who heads the advisory committee which recommends increasing the WMA limit by 30% from the current limit for all states & UTs for 1st half of FY21?
1) Tapan Ray
2) TN Manoharan
3) Surjit S Bhalla
4) U K Sinha
5) Sudhir Shrivastava
Answer-5) Sudhir Shrivastava
The RBI has constituted an advisory committee chaired by Sudhir Shrivastava to review the WMA limits for state government &Union Territories(UT), it has been decided to increase the WMA limit by 30% from the current limit (Rs 1.20 lakh crore) for all states & UTs which is effective from April 1, 2020 & is valid till September 30, 2020.
- What is the increase in growth in India’s 8 core industries in Feb 2020 (compared to Feb 2019) as per the report titled “Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2011-12=100)” released by commerce ministry?
According to the ‘Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2011-12=100) ‘released by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, India’s 8 core industries grew 11 months high by 5.5 % to 132.9 in February 2020 as compared to the index of February 2019 with 125.9 due to increased production of coal, refinery products and electricity.
- Lakshminarayanan has been appointed as the MD of which Home finance company with effect from April 1, 2020?
1) Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd.
2) Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd
3) ICICI Home Finance Company Ltd.
4) Sundaram Home Finance Ltd
5) GIC Housing Finance Ltd.
Answer-4) Sundaram Home Finance Ltd
D. Lakshminarayanan, whole-time director of Sundaram Finance Limited, was appointed as the MD (Managing Director) of its wholly owned home finance subsidiary, Sundaram Home Finance. He will take charge on April 1, 2020 and will replace Srinivas Acharya.
- Name the FMCG company of India which completes its merger with GSKCH India.
1) Britannia Industries
2) Hindustan Unilever Limited
4) ITC Limited
Answer-2) Hindustan Unilever Limited
Hindustan Unilever (HUL), India’s largest fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company, has completed the merger of Glaxo SmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited (GSKCH India) with itself.
- Name the mission that was launched by NASA to study giant solar particles stroms.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) to launch its new mission called the Sun Radio Interferometer Space Experiment (SunRISE), a very large radio telescope to study how the sun generates & releases the giant space weather storms(solar particle storms) into planetary space.
- Name the Indian state which launched the PRAGYAAM app to issue e-passes for essential deliveries during lockdown.
The Jharkhand Government launched a mobile application (app) PRAGYAAM to issue e-passes to everyone associated with the delivery of essential services during the national lockdown to combat COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- What is the official dedicated twitter handle for COVID-19 launched by Information and Broadcast Ministry?
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has set up a dedicated Twitter handle for sharing news and updates about the novel coronavirus.The account is named #IndiaFightsCorona and uses the handle @CovidnewsbyMIB.
- Philip Warren Anderson who passed away in April 2020 is the Nobel laureate in which field?
Philip Warren Anderson, a Nobel Prize- winning physicist who expanded the world’s understanding of magnetism, superconductivity and the structure of matter, passed away at the age of 96 in Princeton, New Jersey, US (United States). He was born on December 13, 1923 in Indianapolis, Indiana, US.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- UtkalaDibasa is celebrated every year on April 1 in which state?
Odisha Dibasa / UtkalaDibasa is celebrated every year on 1 April all over Odisha.
- When was Earth Hour 2020 celebrated?
- Where is HQ of UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) located?
- Who is the present minister of Commerce and Industry (as on April 1, 2020)?
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations works under which ministry?
Answer-Ministry of External Affairs
- What is the abbreviation of CCyB?
Answer-Countercyclical capital buffer
- Who is the present president of world bank (as on April 1, 2020)?
- UtkalaDibasa is celebrated every year on April 1 in which state?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]