AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 & 3 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In December 2021, Department of Telecommunications (DoT) formed a ________ task force under the Technology Innovation Group (TIG) on 6G technology, which includes the ‘Task force on international Standards’ headed by ____________.
1) 3; NG Subramaniam
2) 4; Bhaskar Ramamurthy
3) 6; NG Subramaniam
4) 3; Bhaskar Ramamurthy
5) 6; Abhay KarandikarAnswer-3) 6; NG Subramaniam
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) formed a 6 task force under the Technology Innovation Group (TIG) on 6G technology.
6 newly formed Task Force & their Chairpersons:
i. Task force on Spectrum Policy – Abhay Karandikar
ii. Task force on Multi-Platform for Next Generation Networks – Bhaskar Ramamurthy.
iii. Task force on Multi-Disciplinary Innovative Solutions and Devices – Bharadwaj Amrutur.
iv. Task force on Devices – Kiran Kumar Kuchi.
v. Task Force Group for Financing Research And Development – Ashok Kumar Tiwari.
vi. Task force on international standards – NG Subramaniam.
The task forces will target to contribute to the International Mobile Telecommunications Standard 2030 (IMT) in the development of 6G.
- In December 2021, the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas set up the Energy Transition Advisory Committee (ETAC) that was headed by whom?
1) Ali Raza Bhutta
3) Tarun Kapoor
4) Alok Tandon
5) M M KuttyAnswer-3) Tarun Kapoor
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) has set up the Energy Transition Advisory Committee (ETAC) headed by the former petroleum secretary Tarun Kapoor.
i. The committee tasked to prepare a step-by-step plan for complete transitioning from fossil fuels to clean energy has been given 6 months (middle of 2022) time to prepare and submit the roadmap.
- Which Bank recently (in Dec’21) partnered with ‘paisabazaar.com’ to launch a ‘Pre-Qualified Program’ for unsecured loans?
1) IndusInd Bank
2) YES Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) HDFC BankAnswer-4) Axis Bank
Paisabazaar.com partnered with Axis Bank to launch a pre-qualified program for unsecured loans on its platform.
i. The pre-qualified program involves deep technology and analytics collaboration with banks and non-bank financiers, enabling customers to view customized and pre-qualified lending offers.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reconstituted _______ Members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) that was headed by ___________.
1) 5; Madhabi Puri Buch
2) 10; S.Sahoo
3) 20; Madhabi Puri Buch
4) 10; Ajay Bhatt
5) 20; S.SahooAnswer-5) 20; S.Sahoo
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reconstituted 20 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) to recommend policy measures in areas like securities market data access and privacy. The MDAC will be chaired by S.Sahoo.
i. S Sahoo is a Professor at National Law University, Delhi & former chairperson, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
ii. The previous committee was headed by Madhabi Puri Buch, ex-whole time member of SEBI.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Sahitya Akademi Award 2021?
A) Mwdai Gahai received Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 for Raktachandan
Poetry in Konkani Language.
B) Tamil Language writer – ‘Ambai’ received Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 for short stories called ‘Civappuk Kazuttu Tan Oru Paccaip Paravai’.
C) Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 is annually announced by the Ministry of Culture in 20 languages.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Mwdai Gahai received Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 for Khora Sayao Arw Himalay Poetry in Bodo Language.
i. In Tamil Language Ambai received Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 for short stories called Civappuk Kazuttu Tan Oru Paccaip Paravai.
ii. Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 was announced by the Ministry of Culture for 20 languages.
- In December 2021, Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar & Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2021 were announced by the Ministry of Culture. Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Winner of Yuva Puraskar & Bal Sahitya Puraskar Award 2021?
1) Gautam Daimary for Bodo poetry called ‘Jiu Gwnang Soho’
2) Kuna Hansdah for Santali Novel called ‘Sagai Ganade’
3) Sunirmal Chakraborty for Bengali short stories called ‘Batakesto Babur Chhata’
4) Digaraj Brahma for Odia Poetry called ‘Geeta Kahe Mitar Katha’
5) All the AboveAnswer-5) All the Above
Gautam Daimary for Bodo poetry called ‘Jiu Gwnang Soho’
• Kuna Hansdah for Santal Novel called ‘Sagai Ganade’
• Sunirmal Chakraborty for Bengal short stories called ‘Batakesto Babur Chhata’
• Digaraj Brahma for Odia Poetry called ‘Geeta Kahe Mitar Katha’
- In December 2021, Mohamed Hussein Roble , Prime Minister of ________ country was suspended by the President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed for the allegation of corruption.
5) BelizeAnswer-3) Somalia
Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, President of Somalia, widely known as Farmaajo, has suspended PM Mohamed Hussein Roble over allegations of corruption, misuse of public land and trade allegations over the holding up of parliamentary elections.
i. The president has also suspended Brigadier General Abdihamid Mohamed Dirir, the commander of the Somali Navy.
ii. The PM and the marine forces commander are suspended until corruption investigations are complete.
- Name the Country that recently (in Dec’21) tested-fire around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles ’ from Frigate & Submarine.
5) ChinaAnswer-2) Russia
Russia successfully test-fired around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and other two missiles from a submarine.
i. The Zircon missile would be capable of flying at nine times the speed of sound and have a range of 1,000 kilometers (620 miles).
ii. The deployment of the missiles will elevate the capability of Russia’s military power.
iii. The Tsirkon Cruise Missile will join Avangard glide vehicles and the air-launched Kinzhal (Dagger) missiles in Russia’s hypersonic arsenal.
- Which Cricket team won the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 that was held at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Rajasthan?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh cricket team won its maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021-22 or 20th season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy title after defeating Tamil Nadu in the finals that was held.
i. Shubham Arora of Himachal Pradesh was adjudged as the Player of the Match for his majestic hundred in the final.
ii. It is Himachal’s first-ever domestic title & HP team defeated Tamil Nadu team by 11 Runs and also used VJD method (V Jayadevan system) to win.
- Cricketer Ray Illingworth passed away recently (in dec’21). He is a former cricket captain of which country?
1) South Africa
3) West Indies
4) New zealand
5) AustraliaAnswer-2) England
Ray Illingworth, a former England cricket captain and the coach of the England Cricket team (1995-1996) has passed away.
i. He has also played for the Yorkshire County Cricket Club of England.
ii. He played 61 Test matches for England between 1958 and 1973 and scored 1,836.
iii. He captained England 31 times (1969-1973) and the team won 12 matches under his captaincy.
iv. He has also served as the chairman of selectors for England between 1993 and 1996.