AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Our Current Affairs September 2020 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
Date-Wise Current Affairs September 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 19 September 2020
- PM Modi inaugurated Kosi rail mega bridge at which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-4) Bihar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (mega bridge) in Bihar. Other projects including a new railway bridge on the Kiul River, two new railway lines, 5 Electrification projects, Bihar’s first Electric Locomotive Shed at Barauni and 3rd Line Project between Barh-Bakhtiyarpur in Bihar through video conference.
- Minister of State (MoS) for Civil Aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri has inaugurated India’s 1st general aviation terminal at which airport?
1) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
2) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
3) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai
4) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
5) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, AhmedabadAnswer-2) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
Minister of State (MoS) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Civil Aviation inaugurated India’s first General Aviation Terminal at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, Delhi to handle the flight operations and movement and processing of passengers flying through of private jets or chartered flights.
- Name the ministry which partnered with Jal Jeevan Mission to launch Information & Communication Technology (ICT) grand challenge.
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Home Affairs
5) Ministry of FinanceAnswer-3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY) in partnership with National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM), Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched ICT (Information & Communication Technology) Grand Challenge for Development of ‘Smart Water Supply Measurement & Monitoring System’ to be deployed at the village level. The ICT grand challenge will invite proposals from Indian Tech start-ups, MSMEs (Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises), Indian Companies for the solution.
- Which state government has announced subsidy schemes for electric two-wheelers and e-rickshaws recently?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-2) Gujarat
In order to encourage the use of electric vehicles to prevent air pollution Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced subsidy schemes for electric two-wheelers and e-rickshaws during a virtual programme on climate change to commemorate the founding day of the state climate change department. Apart from this, memorandum of understandings (MoUs) were also inked during the event. This announcement was also a part of “Panchsheel gift” of five development schemes in Gujarat to celebrate the 70th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Students will get a subsidy of Rs 12,000 each to buy e-scooters. Under this scheme, the government will provide assistance to students studying from Class 9 to college to purchase battery-powered two-wheelers. The target is to provide this assistance to 10,000 such vehicles.
- Which bank launched service named i-Lead (Inspiring Leads) 2.0 recently?
1) Indian Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) State Bank of India
5) Punjab National BankAnswer-2) Canara Bank
Canara Bank in order to provide its services regardless of where the customers reside launched a Lead Management System (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0 (Inspiring Leads System version 2.0. It will help the bank to build and sustain business relationships with new customers and existing customers of the bank.
- Find the regional rural bank which launched a special gold loan scheme named ‘Vikas Laghu Suvarna’.
1) Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
2) Jharkhand Gramin Bank
3) Kerala Gramin Bank
4) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena BankAnswer-5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) launched Vikas Laghu Suvarna, a special gold loan scheme with a reduced interest rate of 7.25%. The bank has the slashed interest rate to provide easy and affordable credit at cheap cost to customers in need considering the pandemic situation in the country.
- Who chairs the expert committee constituted by central government to examine the reports of digital surveillance on prominent Indian nationals (President, Army chief) by Chinese firm?
1) Aditya Khullar
2) Mohit Gupta
3) Gulshan Rai
4) Rajesh Pant
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Rajesh Pant
Government of India formed an Expert Committee led by National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC) Lt General (retd) Rajesh Pant, India’s Chief Coordinator on Cyber Security to examine the reports of digital surveillance on Prominent Indian Nationals including President, Army Chief by Chinese firm Shenzhen Zhenhua Data Information Technology Company Ltd.
- Who has been given additional charge as the minister of Food Processing Industries (Harsimrat Kaur Badal resigned recently)?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Pralhad Patel
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) Narendra Singh TomarAnswer-5) Narendra Singh Tomar
President of India, Ram Nath Kovind accepted the resignation of Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries with immediate effect. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Lok Sabha leader of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) tendered her resignation in protest against anti-former ordinances and legislation which were passed on 17th September 2020.The resignation was accepted under the clause (2) of Article 75 of the Indian Constitution. Cabinet Minister Narendra Singh Tomar was assigned to the additional charges of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MoFPI).
- Name the person who has been appointed as the chairman of high-level committee constituted by GoI to prepare roadmap to regularise land leasing in agri sector.
1) Niranjan Jyoti
2) Pradip Shah
3) Ajay Tirkey
4) VK Paul
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Ajay Tirkey
In order to prepare a roadmap for regularisation of land leasing in the agriculture sector, the Centre has set up a high-level committee headed by Ajay Tirkey, secretary of the department of land resources under the ministry of rural development. The reform will lay down rights of landless farm workers who are deprived of welfare benefits. The proposed framework will recognise the rights of landowners and cultivators and farm workers.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) formed a 7-member task force for framing guidelines for vegan foods recently. Who is the CEO of FSSAI?
1) Balram Bhargava
2) Randeep Guleria
3) Arun Singhal
4) Harshad Pandurang Thakur
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Arun Singhal
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) formed a seven-member task force for framing guidelines/provisions for vegan foods in the country. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI): Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Arun Singhal.
- Name the Indian who has been named to the 2020 Cohort of young leaders for SDG by United Nations.
1) Archana Soreng
2) Licypriya Kangujam
3) Udit Singhal
5) Jayprakash NarayanAnswer-3) Udit Singhal
Udit Singhal (18 years), the founder of Glass2S and, a zero waste ecosystem to control the increasing menace of glass waste in Delhi, has been named to the 2020 Cohort of young leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by the United Nations (UN).
- Who has presented the 1st ever “AICTE Visvesvaraya Best Teachers Award 2020”?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’Answer-5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
On 15th September 2020, on the occasion of National Engineers Day, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education presented the first ever “AICTE Visvesvaraya Best Teachers Award 2020” to the 12 faculty members of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institutions over a virtual ceremony.
- Who represented India at 6th BRICS communication ministers meeting held virtually?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Santosh Gangwar
3) Sanjay Dhotre
4) Rao Inderjit Singh
5) Prahlad Singh PatelAnswer-3) Sanjay Dhotre
The 6th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Communication Ministers Meeting was hosted by Maxim Parshin, Deputy Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of Russia in a virtual format where India was represented by Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State (MoS) for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Education. It should be noted that this meet is held annually under the rotating Chairmanship of member countries. India will take over the Chairmanship of the next BRICS Communications Ministers’ Meeting to be hosted in 2021 by India.
- Which city ranked top in the 2nd edition of smart city index 2020 released by Institute for Management Development (IMD) in collaboration with few other organisations?
5) BerlinAnswer-3) Singapore
Institute for Management Development (IMD), in collaboration with Singapore University for Technology and Design (SUTD), IMD World Competitiveness Center, and Smart Cities Observatory (SCO) has released the 2nd edition of global listing of smart cities i.e. “Smart City Index (SCI) 2020” in which the ranking of four Indian cities- New Delhi, Mumbai (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Telangana), and Bengaluru (Karnataka) were declined as the technological advancement in these cities is not up to date to cater the COVID19 Pandemic. The index was topped by Singapore followed by Helsinki (Finland) and Zurich (Switzerland) in the second and the third place respectively. It should be noted that Indian cities have suffered more from the pandemic because they were not prepared. The work of these rankings was led by IMD’s Professor Arturo Bris.
- What is the name of 1st ever planet which orbits white dwarf discovered by international team of astronomers?
1) ‘WD 1856 c’
2) ‘WD 1856 b’
3) ‘WD 1856 d’
4) ‘WD 1856 e’
5) ‘WD 1856 a’Answer-2) ‘WD 1856 b’
An international team of astronomers have discovered the 1st ever planet, ‘WD 1856 b’ orbiting a white dwarf or a dead star, located about 80 light years away in the northern constellation Draco. The Jupiter sized planet has a very short orbital period, i.e., a year on this planet is only 1.4 days. The findings are published in the Journal Nature. The discovery was made using NASA’s (The National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) and retired Spitzer Space Telescope. WD 1856 b is about 7 times larger than ‘WD 1856+534’.
- “A Promised Land” is the memoir of whom?
1) Angela Merkel
2) Narendra Modi
3) Manmohan Singh
4) Barack Obama
5) Donald TrumpAnswer-4) Barack Obama
Penguin Random House announced that the first volume of the Former President of United States of America(USA), Barack Obama’s memoir “A Promised Land” is set to hit the stores on 17th November 2020, two weeks after Election day. This book will be released by Crown, a division of Penguin Random House around the world in 25 languages which includes Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Czech, Finnish and Vietnamese.
- Balli Durga Prasad Rao who passed away recently is the present Lok sabha MP from which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Balli Durga Prasad Rao, Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh-AP) Lok Sabha MP (Members of Parliament) passed away of COVID-19 at Apollo Main Hospital in Chennai, TamilNadu. He was around the age of 64. He belongs to Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party(YSRCP). He was born in Nellore district, AP on June 15, 1956. The first-time MP from the Tirupati (SC-Scheduled Caste) reserved constituency served as the School Education Minister in the Chandrababu Naidu Cabinet in the undivided Andhra Pradesh during 1995-96. He is the 2nd sitting MP after H. Vasanthakumar, Congress MP, from Kanyakumari constituency in Tamil Nadu and 1st from AP to die of COVID-19.
- When was the World Bamboo day observed annually (2020’s theme – ‘Bamboo now’)?
1) July 7
2) August 12
3) October 11
4) September 18
5) January 4Answer-4) September 18
11th World Bamboo Day (WBD) was observed on September 18, 2020 to increase the awareness of Bamboos globally by the World Bamboo Organization (WBO). The Theme for this edition of World Bamboo Day is “BAMBOO NOW”. The World Bamboo Day is observed annually on September 18. It was established by Mr. Kamesh Salam, Former President of World Bamboo Organization, during the 8th World Bamboo Congress (WBC) at Prachan Buri, Bangkok, Thailand in 2009.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present National Security Advisor of India?
1) Ajit Doval
2) Swapnil Kendhe
3) Upasana Mondal
4) Urmil Trivedi
5) Venkateshwaran SubramanianAnswer-1) Ajit Doval
The 10th meeting of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) National Security Advisors (NSAs) was hosted by Russia, the current chair of BRICS, where India was represented by Ajit Doval, Adviser to the Prime Minister (PM) of India on National Security. The focus of the meet was to exchange views on combating terrorism and extremism. Notably, a draft anti-terrorist strategy of the BRICS nations has been prepared, which will be submitted for approval during the upcoming summit.
- Thomas cup and Uber cup are related to which sport?
5) TennisAnswer-3) Badminton
Badminton World Federation (BWF) has decided to postpone the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup scheduled at Aarhus (Denmark) from October 3 to 11.
- The Bangladesh government has given special permission to export which fish to India recently?
5) TunaAnswer-3) Hilsa
The Commerce Ministry has allowed nine exporters to send a total of approximately 1500 tonnes of Hilsa to India. The first consignment of Hilsa was reported to have been sent to India on September 14, 2020. Bangladesh imposed a ban on the export of Hilsa in 2012. However, as a special measure, last year also export of 500 tonnes of Hilsa to India was permitted by the government around the time of Durga Puja. Hilsa or ‘Ilish’ is considered a delicacy in Bangladesh and West Bengal. Bangladesh has a shore of close to 75 percent in the production of Hilsa fish in the world.
- What is the capital of Peru?
5) SucreAnswer-3) Lima
President Martin Vizcarra (left) arriving to give a statement in Congress where he is facing an impeachment trial, in Lima on September 18, 2020. The capital and currency of Peru are Lima & Sol respectively.
- ‘Together We Can’ is the tagline of which bank?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) Canara BankAnswer-5) Canara Bank
‘Together We Can’ is the tagline of Canara Bank.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification