AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which State recorded best sex ratio at birth in India as per annual report from office of Registrar General & Census Commissioner?
3) Arunachal Pradesh
5) MizoramAnswer-3) Arunachal Pradesh
According to Annual Report on ‘Vital Statistics on India based on Civil Registration System 2018’, Arunachal Pradesh recorded the Highest Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) in the country with 1, 085 females born per thousand males. It was followed by Nagaland (965) & Mizoram (964), Kerala (963), and Karnataka (957).The report was released by the Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
States with High SRB:
State Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) Arunachal Pradesh 1, 085 Nagaland 965 Mizoram 964
Manipur (757), Lakshadweep (839), Daman & Diu (877) recorded the Lowest SRB in the country.
- Where has the Phase II of Indo-German Development Cooperation (IGDC) project been launched (November 2020) by Biplab Kumar Deb?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-2) Tripura
Biplab Kumar Deb, Chief Minister (CM) of Tirpura launched Phase II of Indo-German Development Cooperation (IGDC) project at Ambassa in Dhalai district, Tripura. The Rs 280 crore project has been labeled as ‘Climate Resilience of Forest Ecosystems, Biodiversity & Adaptive Capacities of Forest Dependent Communities in Tripura’. Of the amount of Rs 280 crore, the KFW, a Germany based national bank, has a stake of Rs 200 crore. Phase II that was approved in June 2020 will be implemented under direct supervision of the State Forest Department. This was approved in June 2020 and. The Phase I of the IGDC project in Tripura was introduced in 2009.
- India Customs in a joint operation along with INTERPOL and World Customs Organization (WCO) intercepted an 18-tonne shipment of red sandalwood destined for the United Arab Emirates (UAE). What was the name of operation?
1) Operation Sandal
2) Operation Red
3) Operation Earth
4) Operation Thunder
5) Operation ShaktiAnswer-4) Operation Thunder
The International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and World Customs Organization (WCO) conducted Operation Thunder, in 103 countries between September 14, 2020, and October 11, 2020 against environmental crimes. It resulted in large seizures of protected forestry and wildlife specimen and triggered arrests and investigations worldwide, including India. During the Operation, India Customs along with INTERPOL and WCO intercepted an 18-tonne shipment of red sandalwood destined for the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The participating countries focused mainly on the species protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
- “Reciprocal Access Agreement” is a defence pact signed (November 2020) between ____________to counter China’s growing influence in the South China Sea and over Pacific Island Nations.
1) India & Australia
2) India & Japan
3) Japan & Australia
4) Japan & South Korea
5) Australia & MyanmarAnswer-3) Japan & Australia
Japanese Prime Minister, Yoshihide Suga and Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison signed a defence pact “Reciprocal Access Agreement” to counter China’s growing influence in the South China Sea and over Pacific Island Nations. The agreement will strengthen security ties and facilitate cooperation between defence forces of the two countries. Both Japan and Australia are part of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD – India, Japan, Australia and United States) to counter China’s dominance in the East and South China Seas.
- Which two African Nations started their first ever joint military drills (November 2020)?
1) Sudan & Chad
2) Niger & Algeria
3) Libya & Chad
4) Egypt & South sudan
5) Egypt & SudanAnswer-5) Egypt & Sudan
Egypt and Sudan on Saturday kicked off their first joint military drills which are set to last till late November. Units of the Air Force and members of the Egyptian Sa’ka Forces [commando] arrived at the Marwa airbase in the fraternal Republic of Sudan to participate in the implementation of the joint Egyptian-Sudanese air training Nile Eagles-1, a first for the two brotherly countries. The drills, which will conclude on November 26, will include fighter jets working out manoeuvers and train on targeted strikes in tandem. Commando squads will practice search and rescue operations in combat conditions.
- How many entities have started testing their products under the 1st test phase of RBI’s Regulatory Sandbox?
5) SixAnswer-1) Two
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced the opening of the first cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS) with “Retail Payments”, as its theme. In this regard, Reserve Bank received applications from 32 entities of which six have been selected for the ‘Test Phase’.
Therefore as of November 16, 2020, two sandbox entities viz. Natural Support Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd. of Jaipur, Rajasthan and Nucleus Software Exports Ltd. of New Delhi have started the first test phase of their products viz. “eRupaya” and “PaySe” respectively.
Regulatory sandbox usually refers to live testing of new products or services in a controlled regulatory environment for which regulators may (or may not) permit certain relaxations for the limited purpose of the testing.
- HDFC Bank has been mentioned in the ‘red flag’ list, a system used for monitoring Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) limits. Which is another Bank that has been put in the list?
1) IDFC Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) DBS BankAnswer-3) IndusInd Bank
HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank have been mentioned in the ‘red flag’ list, a system used for monitoring Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) limits. A red flag will be activated in respect of listed Indian companies whenever available legroom for the foreign investment is within 3% or less than 3% of the aggregate NRI/FPI limits or the sectoral cap. As per the data provided by NSDL (National Securities Depository Ltd.) the current FPI shareholding of HDFC is 71.3% and 73. 1% for IndusInd Bank. FPIs can invest up to 74% in both HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank. Apart from them, Novartis India and Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care are the only other companies in the red-flag list.
- For which Bank the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) proposed a draft scheme of amalgamation with DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL) meanwhile Thothala Narayanaswamy (T.N.) Manoharan appointed as administrator of the Bank (November 2020)?
1) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
2) Karur Vysa Bank
3) Yes Bank
4) Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative (PMC) Bank
5) Karnataka Vikas Grameena BankAnswer-1) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) proposed a draft scheme of amalgamation of the capital starved Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd. (LVB) with DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL). This decision has been taken after the Central Government has imposed a one-month moratorium on LVB on November 17, 2020 that temporarily capped withdrawals at Rs 25,000. The moratorium will be effective upto December 16, 2020. The draft scheme invited suggestions and objections from members, depositors and other creditors of LVB and DBIL by November 20. RBI also appointed Thothala Narayanaswamy (T.N.) Manoharan, a former Non Executive Chairman of Canara Bank, as Administrator of LVB.
- Which Bank launched CASA (current account, savings account) mobilisation campaign?
1) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
2) State Bank of India (SBI)
3) Bank of Baroda (BOB)
4) Karnataka Bank
5) Indian BankAnswer-4) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank Limited (KBL) launched CASA (current account, savings account) mobilisation campaign that will begin from November 17, 2020 to March 4, 2021
Objective of the Campaign is to enable the basic banking services to the unbanked (not use banks or banking institutions) sections of the society & to popularize bank’s digitally powered CASA products to the next level of customers on the basis of their requirements.
- Name the Bank which partnered with Neokred Technologies to launch a Co-Branded Prepaid Card. (November 2020)
1) Axis Bank
2) Yes Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IDFC Bank
5) DBS BankAnswer-2) Yes Bank
YES Bank launched ‘YES BANK Neokred Card’, a Co-Branded Prepaid Card in partnership with Neokred Technologies to encourage cashless payments. The prepaid card will be offered to the corporate partners of Neokred across various sectors. The card offerings can be personalized to suit the needs of companies looking for salary cards or expense cards for their employees
- What is India’s growth forecast for FY21 in accordance with the latest revision by Goldman Sachs (November 2020)?
1) 10.3% contraction (-10.3%)
2) 14.8% contraction (-14.8%)
3) 13% contraction (-13%)
4) 15.7% contraction (-15.7%)
5) 9.2% contraction (-9.2%)Answer-1) 10.3% contraction (-10.3%)
In accordance with the latest revision by Goldman Sachs, India’s growth forecast for FY21 is upgraded to 10.3% contraction (-10.3%) from -14.8%.On the other hand, it downgraded India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to 13% in FY22 as compared to 15.7%.
- Which Company has been assigned by Indian Railways (IR) to implement the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS), an integrated clinical information system?
1) Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS)
2) RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel)
3) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
5) IBMAnswer-2) RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel)
Indian Railways (IR) assigned RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RailTel) to implement the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS), an integrated clinical information system in its 125 health facilities and 650 polyclinics across India. This is to improve hospital administration and patient healthcare. Objective is to bring hospital management on a single architecture to prevent pilferage and make operations seamless. With regard to the methods to execute the work, RailTel and Ministry of Railways have signed a MoU.
- Which State Government signed a MoU with Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) to discuss the implementation of India’s 1st 100 MW (MegaWatt) convergence project?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) MaharashtraAnswer-4) Goa
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of New & Renewable Energy (DNRE), Government of Goa to discuss the implementation of India’s First 100 MW (MegaWatt) decentralised solar convergence project under the newly formed Convergence Energy Services Limited (Convergence) in Goa. Goa is the first state to adopt the concept of amortising the cost of pumps and LED lights into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
- Which Sports Company partnered with The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to be the new kit sponsor of the Team India and merchandise partner?
1) Paytm First Game
3) MPL Sports
5) Sports 365Answer-3) MPL Sports
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on November 17, 2020 announced that MPL Sports will now be the new kit sponsor and official merchandise partner for the Indian Cricket Team. MPL Sports is the athleisure wear and sports merchandise brand from e-sports platform Mobile Premier League. BCCI signed a three-year agreement with MPL Sports that starts from November 2020 and goes on till December 2023. MPL Sports’ association with the BCCI begins with the upcoming India’s tour of Australia, 2020-21, which will see Team India sporting the new jerseys.
- Sonu Sood has been named as State Icon of which state by the Election Commission of India (ECI)?
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Punjab
The Election Commision of India (ECI) approved the appointment of Sonu Sood as the State Icon of Punjab. The proposal for the appointment was made by S Karuna Raju, Punjab Chief Electoral Officer (CEO). Sonu Sood hails from the Moga district of Punjab.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education virtually launched the Lilavati Award 2020. It is an initiative of which body to promote women empowerment in India?
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
3) Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
4) K K Birla Foundation
5) Sahitya AkademiAnswer-2) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Union Minister of Education virtually launched the Lilavati Award 2020, an initiative by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to promote women empowerment in India. The Theme of the Lilavati Award 2020 is “women empowerment”.
Objective of the theme was 1) to create awareness about the issues like sanitation, hygiene, health and nutrition using “traditional Indian values” as well as create awareness on issues like literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources, and rights among women. It aims to promote and practice the idea of gender equality & to work towards the wellbeing of women and focus on their development. The Lilavati award was established by the AICTE to promote women empowerment in india. The Lilavati award is presented to 6 categories.
- Who hosted the 12th BRICS Summit 2020 held virtually on November 17, 2020?
5) South AfricaAnswer-2) Russia
The 12th BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa) Summit 2020 held virtually on November 17, 2020 which was attended by heads of state of the five member states. The summit was hosted by Vladimir Putin, President of Russia on the theme “Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth” where India was represented by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi. The virtual summit comes in the backdrop of the 75th Anniversary of the United Nations (UN) and amid COVID-19 pandemic. Importantly, Vladimir Putin announced the approval of the Moscow Declaration, the BRICS Anti-Terrorism Strategy and the BRICS updated strategy for the economic partnership until 2025.
- Which edition of Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum 2020 was held in November 2020 where PM Narendra Modi represented India?
5) 5thAnswer-4) 3rd
The 3rd Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum 2020 was held virtually where India was represented by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi. The focus of the forum was to restore the economy and charting a course for the future amid COVID-19 pandemic. It should be noted that the inaugural Forum was held in Singapore, and the second annual Forum was hosted in Beijing, China.
Initiated in 2018 by Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg New Economy Forum seeks to build a community of leaders to engage in real conversations leading to actionable solutions about the critical challenges facing by the world.
- India and ________ held their 7th round of Foreign Office Consultations (FoC) through video-conference (November 2020).
5) AfghanistanAnswer-2) Kazakhstan
India and Kazakhstan held their 7th round of Foreign Office Consultations (FoC) through video-conference. The Indian side was led by Vikas Swarup, Secretary (West), and Kazakh side was led by Shakhrat Nuryshev, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Both sides reviewed the progress made in bilateral cooperation in areas which fall under the framework of Strategic Partnership. The two sides signed a MoU on “Indian Grant Assistance for Implementation of High Impact Community Development Projects in Kazakhstan”.
- Name the only Indian city to be ranked (62nd) in the list “2021 World’s Best Cities” by Resonance Consultancy Ltd. (Topped by London, United Kingdom)?
5) PuneAnswer-4) Delhi
In accordance with the annual report and ranking of best cities around the world titled “2021 World’s Best Cities” by Resonance Consultancy Ltd, London, United Kingdom (UK) is at top spot for the 6th consecutive year. It was followed by New York, United States (US) and Paris (France) at 2nd and 3rd rank respectively. Notably only one Indian city, Delhi, is listed in the ranking at 62 which was ranked 81st in previous year ranking. The report has ranked 100 cities around the world with a population of more than 10 lakh. The ranking was based on the 25 ranking factors grouped into six core categories. Notably, for the first time, the cities were also ranked on new criteria such as unemployment, the rate of COVID-19 infections (as of July) and income disparity.
- How many Indian Cities are included in the list of 36 cities selected by World Economic Forum (WEF) for pioneering a new global policy roadmap for smart cities developed by G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance?
5) SixAnswer-1) Four
4 Indian Cities namely Bengaluru, Faridabad, Indore and Hyderabad figure in the 36 cities selected by World Economic Forum (WEF) for pioneering a new global policy roadmap for smart cities. They will be developed by G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance.
The 36 cities have been selected from 22 Countries & 6 Continents. Cities such as London, Moscow, Toronto, Brasilia, Dubai and Melbourne have figured in the list. The G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance was established in June 2019 to establish and advance global policy norms to accelerate best practices, mitigate potential risks, foster greater openness and public trust.
- Which Company/organization developed Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system which was successfully test-fired from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha for the Second Time on November 17, 2020?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
2) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
3) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
4) Only 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired its Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha for the Second Time. It demonstrated the warhead’s performance on proximity detection.
The first test conducted on November 13, 2020 showcased the Radar and Missile’s capabilities. The missile has a range of 25 -30Kms. It is an indigenous Missile System developed by DRDO in association with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), and Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- Name the Company which delivered India’s first launch hardware (a Booster Segment – ‘S-200’) for Gaganyan Mission to ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)?
1) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
2) Defense Research & Development organization (DRDO)
3) Larsen & Tubro (L&T)
4) Afcons Infrastructure Ltd
5) Gammon IndiaAnswer-3) Larsen & Tubro (L&T)
Larsen & Toubro (L&T) delivered First Hardware – a Booster Segment – ‘S-200’ for Ganganyaan Launch Vehicle to ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) in a virtual flag-off ceremony. The Virtual flag-off ceremony was presided over by Dr K Sivan, Chairman, ISRO. The Booster segment was produced at L&T’s Powai Aerospace Manufacturing Facility, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Critical booster segment has a diameter of 3.2 meters, 8.5 meters in length and weighs 5.5 tons.
ISRO’s Gaganyaan mission aims to send a three-member crew to space for a period of 5-7 days by 2022 when India completes 75 years of Independence.
- How many private sports academies will get funded through the Khelo India Scheme over the next four years starting 2020-21 by The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports?
5) 400Answer-4) 500
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYAS), Government of India introduced an incentivisation structure to fund 500 private academies, through the Khelo India Scheme over the next four years starting 2020-21. Under the scheme, SAI (Sports Authority of India) and NSFs(National Sports Federations) will work together.
Aim of the Initiative is to encourage all academies, particularly the private academies to continue to improve the level of infrastructure, resources and sports science support, thus athletes can get best in class training. The 14 priority disciplines identified for excellence in the 2028 Olympics are eligible to receive the support in the first phase.
- India is set to host a FIFA women’s football tournament for the first time in which year?
5) 2020Answer-4) 2022
World Football Governing body FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) approved India as the host of the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022.
FIFA announced that the U-17 Women’s World Cup scheduled to take place in India in 2021 was cancelled due to COVID-19 and the next edition of the tournament will be held in 2022.
The tournament was originally scheduled to be held in 2020, but was rescheduled by FIFA to 2021 in India due to pandemic. This is the First time that India will host a FIFA women’s football tournament. India is hosting a FIFA Tournament for the Second Time after the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup. FIFA has also approved Costa Rica as host of the 2022 U-20 Women’s World Cup. Spain are the defending champions, they won their first title in 2018.
- Sudeep Tyagi, who announced retirement recently, is associated with which sport?
4) Table Tennis
5) KabaddiAnswer-1) Cricket
Indian Fast Bowler Sudeep Tyagi announced retirement from all forms of Cricket.
Hailing from Uttar Pradesh, Tyagi represented India in 4 One-Day Internationals (ODI) & 1 Twenty20 International Scalping Three wickets in the ODI format. He represented his state Uttar Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy and played for Chennai Super Kings & Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The Right-arm pacer made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in December 2009, and played his last game for India against South Africa in 2010. Tyagi played 41 first-class matches and picked up 109 wickets.
- Who has authored the book titled “Reporting India: My Seventy Year Journey as a Journalist”?
1) Jayasree Kalathil
2) Prem Prakash
3) Rajat Sharma
4) Chinmay Tumbe
5) Chandrakant LahariyaAnswer-2) Prem Prakash
Veteran Journalist Prem Prakash’s new book titled “Reporting India: My Seventy Year Journey as a Journalist” has been launched. The book was published by Penguin Random House India. The book accounts the life events of Prem Prakash, a pioneer in the field of Indian journalism. Prem Prakash is currently serving as the Chairman of ANI (Asian News International), leading news agency of India. The book features his stories from the 1962 Indo-China war to 1965 and 1971 Pakistan War, from the Emergency period to the assasination of Indira Gandhi, and the Tashkent journey of Lal Bahadur Shastri to the liberation of Bangladesh.
- Bhanwar Lal Meghwal, member of the Rajasthan’s legislative assembly passed away recently. He belonged to which Political Party?
1) Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP)
2) Indian National Congress (INC)
3) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
4) Janta Dal (JD)
5) Janta Party (JP)Answer-2) Indian National Congress (INC)
Bhanwar Lal Meghwal, Rajasthan’s Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment and the leader of Indian National Congress (INC) of Rajasthan passed away at the age of 72 in a private hospital in Gurugram, Haryana due to prolonged illness. He was born on 2nd July 1948 in Sujangarh in Churu district, Rajasthan. He was elected as the member of the Rajasthan’s legislative assembly from the Sujangarh constituency in Churu district for 5 times (1980, 1990, 1998, 2008 and 2018).
- John Thomas Goslin Pereira who served during World War II (1939 to 1945), passed away recently. He belonged to which Indian Armed Forces?
1) Indian Army
2) Indian Navy
3) India Air Force
4) Border Security Forces
5) Indian Coast GuardAnswer-2) Indian Navy
Vice Admiral John Thomas Goslin Pereira, Indian Navy’s former Chief of Materials (COM) passed away after a brief illness. He was among the last surviving naval officers who served during World War II (1939 to 1945). He was awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) for distinguished service during the war. He was born on February 15, 1923 in Kannur, Kerala.
- When the Naturopathy Day is observed across India?
1) November 14
2) November 15
3) November 16
4) November 17
5) November 18Answer-5) November 18
The Naturopathy Day is annually observed across India on 18th November to promote health through the drug free form of treatment without the use of any form of medicine. The 18th November 2020 marks the 3rd Naturopathy Day of the ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH). The Ministry of AYUSH celebrated the first Naturopathy Day in 2018, AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the first Naturopathy Day programme in New Delhi.
- What is the 2020 theme for the World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) celebrated across the globe from 18th to 24th November to create and increase the awareness of global Antimicrobial Resistance?
1) Handle Antimicrobials with Care
2) Antimicrobials & Covid 19
3) United to preserve antimicrobials
4) Kill Corona
5) First RespondersAnswer-3) United to preserve antimicrobials
The World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) is annually celebrated across the globe from 18th to 24th November to create and increase the awareness of global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and to encourage the best practices among the general public, healthcare workers and policy makers to stop the emergence and spread of drug resistant infection. The theme of the WAAW 2020 for the human health sector is “United to preserve antimicrobials”. The slogan of the week long campaign of WAAW is “Handle Antimicrobials with Care”.
- Name the India’s first fintech app (developed by MyDigitalCube) that will provide financial and life skills learning through gamification?
5) YoungfinsAnswer-3) Birdfin
Birdfin is set to revolutionise the space of learning financial habits through “gamification”. Built on the entire life cycle of money management, i.e., learn, earn, spend, and save, the app enables parents to schedule tasks for their kids and offer Digital currency in return.
Birdfin is a web-based app (accessible on any device) developed by MyDigitalCube, and has been launched on 31st of October, 2020.
The Co-founders’ team is from the Financial Services and IT industries-Sandeep Suri (Ex-Fidelity & Executive Coach & Mentor), Ritesh Mehrotra (Ex-Fidelity & Entrepreneur), Swapan Kumar Dutta (Entrepreneur & Career coach), Rajeev Chadha (Ex-Accenture).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park is located in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) ManipurAnswer-4) Assam
Even as a gas well operated by Oil India Limited (OIL) in Baghjan, Assam, continues to blaze out of control, the same company wants to drill for oil just a kilometre away from the site – at the edge of a Dibru-Saikhowa National Park.
Dibru-Saikhowa National Park is a national park in Assam, India, located in Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts. It was designated a Biosphere Reserve in July 1997 with an area of 765 km², including a core area of 340 km² and a buffer zone of 425 km².
- Where is the headquarters of World Customs Organization (WCO)?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Austria, Vienna
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Manila, Philippines
5) Brussels, BelgiumAnswer-5) Brussels, Belgium
The World Customs Organization (WCO) is an intergovernmental organization headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. The WCO is noted for its work in areas covering the development of international conventions, instruments, and tools on topics such as commodity classification, valuation, rules of origin, collection of customs revenue, supply chain security, international trade facilitation, customs enforcement activities, combating counterfeiting in support of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), drugs enforcement, illegal weapons trading, integrity promotion, and delivering sustainable capacity building to assist with customs reforms and modernization. The WCO maintains the international Harmonized System (HS) goods nomenclature, and administers the technical aspects of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreements on Customs Valuation and Rules of Origin.
- Where is the headquarters of Lakshmi Vilas Bank?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Mangaluru(Mangalore), Karnataka
4) Thrissur, Kerala
5) Kolkata, West BengalAnswer-1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Financial position of the Chennai-based Lakshmi Vilas Bank, which has a network of 563 branches and deposits of Rs 20,973 crore, has undergone a steady decline, with continuous losses over the last three years eroding the bank’s net-worth. The bank has not been able to raise adequate capital to address these issues. It was also experiencing continuous withdrawal of deposits and low levels of liquidity. Serious governance issues in recent years have led to deterioration in its performance. LVB posted a net loss of Rs 397 crore in the September quarter of FY21, as against a loss of Rs 112 crore in the June quarter. Almost one fourth of the bank’s advances have turned bad assets. Its gross non-performing assets (NPAs) stood 25.4% of its advances as of June 2020, as against 17.3% a year ago.
- Nur-Sultan is capital of which country?
5) AfghanistanAnswer-2) Kazakhstan
India and Kazakhstan held their 7th round of Foreign Office Consultations (FoC) through video-conference in November 2020.
Capital and Currency of’ Kazakhstan’ is ‘Nur-Sultan’ & ‘Kazakhstani Tenge’ respectively.
- Where is the Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary located?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-5) Arunachal Pradesh
The Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the eight wildlife sanctuaries of Arunachal Pradesh, India, located in north east of Anini. It has been named after the Dibang River, a tributary of Brahmaputra River. The Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary lies adjacent to the Mouling National Park, and was declared as one of the major bio-diversity hotspots of the world by UNESCO in 1988.
- Pangong Lake is located at which place?
1) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) LadakhAnswer-5) Ladakh
Pangong Tso or Pangong Lake is an endorheic lake spanning eastern Ladakh and West Tibet situated at an elevation of 4,225 m. It is 134 km long. Pangong Lake is in news once again due to the statement of a Chinese professor, comment over the use of Microwave weapons on Indian Soldiers in the Eastern Ladakh.