AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 May 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2022 updates.
Our Current Affairs March 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Which state recently (in May ’22) named “Nanjarayan Tank” as its 17th bird sanctuary?
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-3) Tamilnadu
The Tamilnadu State Minister of Forests, K Ramachandran announced in the Legislative Assembly of Tamilnadu for the creation of Nanjarayan Tank in Tiruppur district as a Bird Sanctuary with the budgetary support of Rs 7.5 crore.
i. Nanjarayan Tank is the 17th Bird Sanctuary in the State and extends across 125.86 hectares which was built by the then local King Nanjarayan as a source for irrigation.
ii. K Ramachandran also mentioned the creation of two more Sanctuaries later this year (2022) namely – Slender Loris Sanctuaries in Dindigul and Karur districts to the tune of 5 crore and Elephant sanctuary at Krishnagiri district.
- In May 2022, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘India’s first 5G testbed’ during the silver jubilee celebrations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The project was developed as a multi-institute collaborative project by eight institutes, led by which IIT?
1) IIT Bombay
2) IIT Delhi
3) IIT Madras
4) IIT Kharagpur
5) IIT KanpurAnswer-3) IIT Madras
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed a programme marking the silver jubilee celebrations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) via video conferencing. TRAI was established in 1997 by an Act of Parliament, called the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s first 5G testbed to enable startups and industry players to test and validate their products locally and reduce dependence on foreign facilities.
ii. It was developed as a multi-institute collaborative project by eight institutes led by IIT Madras.
iii. This 5G testbed was set up at a cost of around ₹ 220 crore and will be available at 5 different locations.
- Which organisation recently (in May’22) released the 2nd edition of ‘Global Land Outlook (GLO2)’ report with the finding that there are 23 countries that have experienced drought emergencies in the last two years (2020–2022)?
1) United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
2) United Nations Human Settlement Programme
3) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
4) United Nations Environment Programme
5) United Nations Industrial Development OrganizationAnswer-1) United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
In accordance with the 2nd edition of ‘Global Land Outlook (GLO2)’ report released by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), there are 23 countries who have experienced drought emergencies in the last two years (2020-2022), including Pakistan.
23 countries listed by Report include the following: Afghanistan, Angola, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritania, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Pakistan, the United States and Zambia.
This report releases ahead of the UN Desertification and Drought Day on June 17, 2022 that will be held on the theme ‘Rising up from drought together‘ and notably, the highest total number of humans affected by drought was in Asia.
- As per the RBI’s 38th half-yearly report on Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves: October 2021-March 2022, India’s foreign exchange reserves fell by ______ in the September-March 2022 (Second half of FY22).
1) $10.25 billion
2) $30.56 billion
3) $28.05 billion
4) $45.09 billion
5) $11.56 billionAnswer-3) $28.05 billion
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the ’38th half-yearly report on Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves: October 2021-March 2022′ stating India’s foreign exchange reserves fell by $28.05 billion in the second half of FY22 i.e. H2FY22.
i. India’s forex reserves decreased from $635.36 billion at the end of September 2021 to $607.31 billion at the end of March 2022.
ii. Foreign Exchange Reserves are assets denominated in a foreign currency that are held by the Central Bank of the country. These may include foreign currencies, bonds, treasury bills, and other government securities.
- Name the bank that recently (in May ’22) won the 6 national awards from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in different categories for enrollment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
1) Maharashtra Gramin Bank
2) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
3) Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
4) Kerala Gramin Bank
5) Andhra Pragathi Grameena BankAnswer-2) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena (KVG) Bank, the leading regional rural bank, headquartered in Dharwad, Karnataka, has won 6 national awards from Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in different categories for outstanding achievement under enrolment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
i. PFRDA regulates the flagship Atal Pension Yojana (APY) and the National Pension System (NPS).
ii. The bank is also playing a vital role in implementing the 3 social security schemes of the Government of India(GoI): Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY); Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
- Who was recently (in May ’22) appointed as the Chairman of Bombay Stock Exchange Limited?
1) Sushri Jayshree Vyas
2) T.C. Suseel Kumar
3) SS Mundra
4) Ashishkumar Chauhan
5) Vikramajit SenAnswer- 3) SS Mundra
The BSE (Formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) Limited appointed Subhash Sheoratan Mundra (SS Mundra), Public Interest Director, BSE as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the company. Mundra retired as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in July 2017 after completing a stint of three years.
i. He replaced the incumbent Justice Vikramajit Sen who was appointed on 19th May, 2016.
- Who was recently (in May’22) appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC Ltd)?
1) Aditi Das Rout
2) Arvind Singh
3) Rakesh Sarwal
5) Vivek Kumar DewangenAnswer- 5) Vivek Kumar Dewangen
Vivek Kumar Dewangen has been named Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) for REC Ltd.,(formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) Ministry of Power. Earlier he was Additional Secretary in the Ministry of power.
Other Appointments to be noted:
S Gopalakrishnan, Additional Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), has been appointed as Additional Secretary, department of health and family welfare.
Rakesh Sarwal, Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog will be Managing Director, National Waqf Development Corporation Ltd., Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Aditi Das Rout, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development has been promoted as Additional Secretary.
- Which of the following points are ‘correct’ with respect to the recent (as of May’22) step taken by the Ministry of Defence?
A) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched two Indian Navy frontline warships ‘INS Surat’ & ‘INS Udaygiri’—at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
B) INS Surat is the fourth and last Guided Missile Destroyer of the ‘Project 15B’ class, and INS Udaygiri is the second Stealth Frigate of the ‘Project 17A’ class.
C) The Project 15B class of ships (Kolkata Class) are the stealth guided missile destroyers and the Project 17A Frigates are warships that are successors of the Project 17 (P17) (Shivalik Class) Frigates.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched two Indian Navy frontline warships–the Indian Naval Ship (s) (INS)—‘INS Surat’ & ‘INS Udaygiri’—at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (previously known as Mazagon Docks Limited) (MDL) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
i. INS Surat is the fourth and last Guided Missile Destroyer of the ‘Project 15B’ class, whereas INS Udaygiri is the second Stealth Frigate of the ‘Project 17A’ class.
ii. The Project 15B (P15B) class of ships are the Indian Navy’s next-generation stealth guided missile destroyers and the Project 17A (P17A) Frigates are warships that are successors of the Project 17 (P17) (Shivalik Class) Frigates.
- Name the author of the book, “A Place Called Home,” which will be released in June 2022.
1) Preeti Shenoy
2) Kiran Desai
3) Amish Tripathi
4) Ravinder Singh
5) Nikita SinghAnswer-1) Preeti Shenoy
Bestselling author Preeti Shenoy is set to publish a new novel titled “A Place Called Home”, a story set in a coffee estate in Sakleshpur, Karnataka with a strong female protagonist at its core. The new novel is about secrets, family, and finding yourself.
i. The book published by HarperCollins Publishers India is set to be released in June 2022.
- What is the theme of International Museum Day (IMD) 2022 that was observed across the globe on 18th May 2022?
1) The Future of Museums: Recover and Reimagine
2) Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion
3) Cultural Hubs: The future of tradition
4) Hyperconnected Museums: New approaches, new publics
5) The Power of MuseumAnswer-5) The Power of Museum
International Museum Day (IMD) 2022 was observed across the globe on 18th May 2022 with the theme of “The Power of Museum”. The day has been organised annually by the International Council of Museums(ICOM) since 1977.
i. The day was observed to create awareness about the Museums which are important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.
ii. On the occasion of International Museum Day (IMD), the Ministry of Culture, Government of India(GoI) has organised a week-long celebration across its Museums from 16th May to 20th May 2022 and a webinar titled ‘Museology as a Profession: Challenges and prospects will also be held on the occasion of IMD 2022, by the National Museum Institute.
iii. The Ministry of Culture is set to announce the launch of ‘Museum’ – a hackathon with museum-centric problem statements; and a ‘Museums in India’ mobile app containing a digital repository of their collections.
- Which state recently (in May ’22) named “Nanjarayan Tank” as its 17th bird sanctuary?
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification