AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which company signed an MoU (in May’21) with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs for implementing AI based curriculum to skill educators & students in Tribal Schools?
5) WiproAnswer-1) Microsoft
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) virtually signed an MoU with Microsoft during the virtual event ‘Empowering Youth For Success’ for digital transformation of Tribal schools such as Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS).
i.Microsoft will make the Artificial Intelligence (AI) based curriculum to skill educators and students with next-generation technologies.
- World’s 1st Private Digital Court was launched by ‘Jupitice Justice Technologies’ using Blockchain & AI. Where is the company located?
5) GurugramAnswer-4) Chandigarh
‘Jupitice Justice Technologies’, a Chandigarh-based startup has developed World’s 1st Private Digital Court (powered by Blockchain & Artificial Intelligence) to resolve disputes under the Private Justice System through Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms (ADR).
i.ADR is the method where, Disputes are settled amicably without intervention of any Judicial institutions.
- In May 2021, a new regulatory framework for Vault Managers of Gold Exchanges in India was proposed.
What are the points that are correctly related to Gold Exchanges in India?
A) The Regulatory framework was proposed by Reserve Bank of India
B) India is the world’s 2nd largest consumer of Gold
C) Gold Exchanges issue “Electronic Gold Receipt” (EGR) which can be converted into physical gold
1) Only B
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only A & C
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) issued a Consultation Paper detailing the Proposed framework for the Gold Exchange in India and the draft SEBI (Vault Managers) Regulations, 2021 for regulating the gold exchange-related business of the Vault Managers.
i.The Gold Exchange instruments are termed as “Electronic Gold Receipt” (EGR). EGRs will be held in Demat form and can be converted into physical gold when needed.
ii.Globally, India is the 2nd largest consumer of gold after China.
- Which Insurance Company launched the 1st of its kind portal Integrated Partner Onboarding Solution (IPOS) to its customers?
1) National General Insurance
2) Edelweiss General Insurance
3) Royal Sundaram General Insurance
4) Oriental General Insurance
5) Digit General InsuranceAnswer-2) Edelweiss General Insurance
Edelweiss General Insurance(EGI), an InsurTech start-up has launched Integrated Partner Onboarding Solution (IPOS), an industry-first digital end to end partner onboarding solution.
i.IPOS is a fully automated portal dedicated to all partner-related onboarding requirements.
- Indian Commercial Airlines “GoAir” was renamed as _________
2) Fly Airways
3) Go First
4) Fly India
5) Fly FirstAnswer-3) Go First
Wadia Group owned, Indian Airline, ‘GoAir’ was rebranded itself as ‘Go First’ after completing its 15 years of service as GoAir.
- In May 2021, Baljeet Kaur & Gunbala Sharma became the 1st Indians to reach the summit of __________________.
1) Mount Lhotse
2) Mount Manaslu
3) Mount Pumori
4) Mount Cho Oyu
5) Mount NuptseAnswer-3) Mount Pumori
Baljeet Kaur and Gunbala Sharma have become the 1st Indian Women Mountaineers to reach the Summit of Mount Pumori in Nepal.
They are also the 1st to scale a mountain that is a part of the Everest Massif.
- Which company is constructing 2-International Submarine cable system India-Asia-Xpress (IAX) and India-Europe-Xpress (IEX) with India as the centre of the system?
1) Tata Docomo
3) Bharti Airtel
5) Reliance JioAnswer-5) Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (Jio), a subsidiary of Jio Platforms Ltd is constructing the largest international submarine cable system with India as the center of the submarine cable system.
2 subsea cable systems – India-Asia-Xpress (IAX) connecting India to Singapore, and India-Europe-Xpress (IEX) connecting India to the Middle East and Europe.
- ____________ is developing an interplanetary spacecraft to Jupiter called __________
1) SpaceX, JUICE
2) NASA, JUNE
3) ESA, JUICE
4) JAXA, JUICE
5) Roscosmos, JUNEAnswer-3) ESA, JUICE
Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer (JUICE), an interplanetary spacecraft being developed by European Space Agency (ESA) has entered into a crucial testing phase. It is being tested at ESA’s European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) in the Netherlands.
- Name the mobile app launched by Bihar to monitor COVID-19 patients who are in home isolation
1) Fly Covid
3) HIT Covid
5) Monitor CoHITAnswer-3) HIT Covid
Nitish Kumar, Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar launched the “HIT (Home Isolation Tracking) Covid App” to monitor and track the COVID-19 patients who are in home isolation across Bihar on a regular basis.
- Which of the following is not a subsidiary of RBI?
1) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC)
2) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
3) Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT)
4) Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS)
5) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)Answer-2) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
NABARD is an apex regulatory body for overall regulation and licensing of regional rural banks and apex cooperative banks in India. Owned by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
i.All others are Subsidiaries of RBI.