AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In June 2021, PM Narendra Modi launched a Training programme called ‘Customized Crash Course programme for COVID-19 Frontline Workers’. The program was launched as a component of which government sponsored scheme?
1) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana
4) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
5) Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha AbhiyanAnswer-4) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
PM Narendra Modi virtually launched ‘Customized Crash Course programme for COVID-19 Frontline Workers’. Under the training programme about 1 lakh youth will be trained under in the next 2-3 months.
i.The programme is a component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 (PMKVY 3.0) of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- In June 2021, _________________________________ launched the updated version of “Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas of India”, to visualize India’s progress in achieving Land Degradation Neutrality by _________
1) Ministry of Earth Sciences; 2025
2) Ministry of Earth Sciences; 2030
3) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; 2025
4) Ministry of Science and Technology; 2025
5) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; 2030Answer-5) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change; 2030
Babul Supriyo, Minister of State for Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) released the latest version of “Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas of India” on the virtual event organised on the account of Desertification and Drought Day (17 June).
i.India targets to achieve Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) and restoration of 26 Million ha of degraded land by 2030
- Which organisation signed a Statement of Intent (in June’21) with the Ministry of Labour & Employment of India to tackle employment & skilling challenges among Indian Youth?
1) International Labour Organization
2) United Nations Children’s Fund
3) International Monetary Fund
4) World Trade Organization
5) World BankAnswer-2) United Nations Children’s Fund
Union Minister of State, Santosh Gangwar, Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) signed a Statement of Intent with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to provide a platform for cooperation between them to implement solutions to tackle the employment and skilling challenges for adolescents and youth in India.
- Name the Ministry that extended the validity of Entrepreneurs Memorandum (EM) Part-II and Udyog Aadhaar Memorandums (UAMs) till 31st December 2021
1) Ministry of MSME
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) Ministry of FinanceAnswer-1) Ministry of MSME
In order to curb the situation of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) amid Covid-19 hardships, the Ministry of MSME extended the validity of Entrepreneurs Memorandum (EM) Part-II and Udyog Aadhaar Memorandums (UAMs) on June 17, 2021, from March 31, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- In June 2021, the Ministry of Home Affairs launched the national helpline 155260 for Fraud Reporting and Management. The helpline is dedicated to receive complaints on which fraudulent activity?
1) Money laundering
2) Cryptocurrencies & Terror financing
3) Fake Pharmaceutical & Healthcare products
4) Financial Cyber fraud
5) Tax Evasion fraudsAnswer-4) Financial Cyber fraud
The Ministry of Home (MHA) operationalised the national helpline 155260 and reporting platform via Citizen Financial Cyber Fraud Reporting and Management System for preventing financial loss of individuals due to cyber fraud.
- As the ‘Annual Bank Statistics of 2020’ of Swiss National Bank, India with over Rs 20,000 crore deposit is placed at _____ place in the list of foreign client money, while _________ is the top depositor of the bank
1) 18th; United States of America
2) 51st; United States of America
3) 25th; United States of America
4) 51st; United Kingdom
5) 18th; United KingdomAnswer-4) 51st; United Kingdom
According to ‘Annual Bank Statistics of 2020’ released by Swiss National Bank (SNB), the Central of Bank of Switzerland – India with Swiss Francs (CHF) 2.55 billion ( ~ INR 20, 706 Crore) has been placed at 51st place in the list of foreign clients’ money in Swiss Banks during 2020. The United Kingdom (UK) topped the list with CHF 377 billion, followed by US
- India was ranked _______ in the ‘Sustainable Development Report 2021 (SDR 2021)’ released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), While the Index was topped by _________________.
1) 117th; Sweden
2) 120th; Finland
3) 135th; Sweden
4) 120th; Sweden
5) 117th; FinlandAnswer-2) 120th; Finland
According to the 6th Edition of ‘Sustainable Development Report 2021 (SDR 2021)’ released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), India with a score of 60.1 has been placed at 120th rank out of 165 countries. Finland topped the Index followed by Sweden & Denmark.
- Which organisation won the UN Convention to Combat Desertification’s (UNCCD) ‘Land for Life Award’ for 2021 under the Theme- “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives”?
1) Nature Conservation Foundation
2) Familial Forestry
3) Vindhyan Ecology and Natural History Foundation
4) Centre for Science and Environment
5) Foundation for Ecological SecurityAnswer-2) Familial Forestry
Familial Forestry, the environment conservation concept of Rajasthan-based climate activist Shyam Sundar Jyani has won the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification’s (UNCCD) Land for Life Award for 2021 under the Theme: “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives”
- Who was appointed (in June’21) as the Counsellor of India’s Permanent Mission in WTO?
1) Aashish Chandorkar
2) T. S. Tirumurti
3) Tarun Bajaj
4) Ajay Seth
5) Ajit KumarAnswer-1) Aashish Chandorkar
In an introductory move, a private person Aashish Chandorkar was appointed by the Central Government as Counsellor in India’s Permanent Mission in the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for a period of three years.
- Which is the 1st country in the world to implement Goods & Service Tax (GST)?
5) AustraliaAnswer-3) France
France was the 1st country to implement the GST in 1954. India’s GST is based on the Canadian dual GST model.