AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Which organisation signed a ‘Teaming Agreement’ with UK’s Thales to develop STARStreak Air Defence system in India?
1) BrahMos Aerospace Limited
2) Bharat Dynamics Limited
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
5) Ordnance Factory BoardAnswer-2) Bharat Dynamics Limited
On January 13, 2021, India’s Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) under the Ministry of Defence and the United Kingdom’s Thales signed a ‘Teaming Agreement’ to develop STARStreak Air Defence system in India under the ‘Make in India’ programme. STARStreak Missile System is in service in the British Army is the fastest missile in its category. It has a unique missile system due to its three laser-guided darts, which cannot be jammed by any known countermeasure. BDL to manufacture 60% of the system in India.
- Which countries participated in the 2-day virtual event ‘Prarambh’ – Startup India International Summit 2021?
5) SAARCAnswer-4) BIMSTEC
On January 15-16, 2021, a two-day event ‘Prarambh’ – Startup India International Summit 2021 was virtually organized by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India from New Delhi. The inaugural event saw the participation of members of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) countries. The summit is a demonstration of neighbourhood first policy to boost partnership among the member countries.
- PM Modi recently announced a seed fund worth Rs 1,000 crore for _______, as of January, 2021.
2) CSR Fund
3) Green Revolution 2.0
4) Fisheries Sector
5) White Revolution 2.0Answer-1) Startups
On January 15-16, 2021, a two-day event ‘Prarambh’ – Startup India International Summit 2021. Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with startups and addressed the Summit on January 16, 2021. In an important move, he announced a seed fund worth Rs 1,000 crore for startups to set-up and to enhance their businesses. India is one of the biggest nations in the start-up ecosystem with more than 41,000 start-ups with nearly 5,700 in the IT sector, 3,600 in the health sector and 1,700 startups in agriculture.
- Which organisation released the report titled ‘Working from home from invisibility to decent work’ that highlighted the need to adopt Global Labour Standards for home-based workers?
1) World Trade Organization (WTO)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU)
4) Socialist International
5) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UN-IDO)Answer-2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
The International Labour Organization (ILO) in its report titled ‘Working from home from invisibility to decent work’ has highlighted the need to adopt Global Labour Standards and improve national-level labour registries for home-based workers (Industrial home-based workers, Teleworkers, Digital Platform workers) & organisations. Prior to COVID-19 crisis i.e 2019, there were 260 Million home-based workers, which represents 7.9% of Global employment and 56% of them were women. The report also highlighted the plight of 2.5 Million women rolling beedis (Leaf Cigarettes) in India
- Connecting which cities was the inaugural flight of India’s 1st Air Taxi Service made?
1) Chandigarh – Lucknow
2) Lucknow – Karnal
3) Hisar – Patna
4) Gurugram – Karnal
5) Chandigarh – HisarAnswer-5) Chandigarh – Hisar
On January 14, 2021 Haryana Chief Minister(CM) Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated India’s 1st air taxi service from Chandigarh to the newly constructed Hisar airport in Haryana under Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) of Govt of India. As part of the inauguration, Haryana CM flagged off the 1st flight from Chandigarh under the scheme. It is the 1st time in India a small aircraft is being used for services in form of an air taxi.
- What was the theme of 24th National Youth Festival (NYF) 2021 that was held from 12th to 16th January, 2021?
1) Youth for Digital India
2) Sankalp Se Siddhi
3) YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka
4) Celebrating Diversity
5) Fit Youth Fit IndiaAnswer-3) YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka
The 24th National Youth Festival (NYF) 2021 was held from 12th to 16th January, 2021. Its closing ceremony was addressed by Union Minister of Textiles and Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju. The theme of the NYF 2021 was ‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka’. It should be noted that NYF is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary (January 12) of youth icon Swami Vivekananda.
- Which state recently organised its 1st state level bird festival ‘Kalrav’, in January 2021?
5) PunjabAnswer-3) Bihar
Bihar’s 1st state level bird festival ‘Kalrav’ was held from January 15 to 17, 2021 in Nagi-Nakti bird Sanctuary, Jamui district, Bihar. It was formally inaugurated by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on January 16, 2021. Bihar’s environment, forest and climate change department organised an event at Nagi-Nakti bird Sanctuary on the inauguration day. The Festival aims to create awareness about birds especially migratory birds.
- Which bank collaborated with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to make oceans Clean and Sustainable, to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and climate goals under Paris Agreement, as of January, 2021?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) World Bank
3) European Investment Bank
4) Bank for International Settlements
5) New Development BankAnswer-3) European Investment Bank
On January 15, 2021, The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) initiated a Clean and Sustainable Ocean Partnership to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the climate goals as advised in the Paris Agreement. In this regard, both entities will support the initiatives in Asia and the Pacific. They will also develop joint technical assistance programs and advisory support to help their partners in achieving SDGs of blue economy. Healthy oceans are a key priority of ADB’s Strategy 2030.
- What was India’s GDP rate for FY-22 as per the projections of rating agency, Fitch, as of January, 2021?
1) – 9.4%
2) – 7.7%
5) 4.2%Answer-4) 11%
Fitch in its report titled, ‘India Set for Slow Medium-Term Recovery’ has projected that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will expand by 11% in 2021-22 in contrary to the down gradation by 9.4%(-9.4%) in the FY21 fiscal (April 2020 – March 2021). Though the expansion is there, the level of GDP remains well below its pre-pandemic scenario. This is due to the decrease in GDP growth more than ten-year low of 4.2% in 2019. Fitch also projected that the medium-term recovery will be slowdown to 6.5% from FY23-FY26.
- Who was recently nominated as a board member of the stakeholder panel, Commonwealth Youth Innovation Hub for a two-year term, in January 2021?
1) Priyanka Chaturvedi
2) Smriti Irani
3) Priyanka Chopra
4) Akhilesh Yadav
5) Priyanka GandhiAnswer-1) Priyanka Chaturvedi
Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra Priyanka Chaturvedi has been nominated as a board member of the stakeholder panel, Commonwealth Youth Innovation Hub for a two-year term beginning January 14. The Commonwealth Youth Innovation Hub is a platform to develop human capital to drive economic and societal innovation, foster unity and transform societies through sustainable impact, the statement from the hub said. The hub was launched by the Prince of Wales during the 2017 Commonwealth Youth Summit in Malaysia.