AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who virtually addressed the inaugural session of the 29th NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) 2021?
1) Surinderjeet Singh Ahluwalia
2) Narendra Modi
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Piyush Goyal
5) V. Muraleedharan
Answer-2) Narendra Modi
On February 17-19, 2021, a three-day 29th NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) 2021 is being held virtually on the theme “Shaping the future towards a better normal”. It is organized by NASSCOM with Maharashtra Government as a state partner and Microsoft as Technology Partner. NASSCOM – National Association of Software and Service Companies. The forum was virtually addressed by PM Narendra Modi on Feb 17. He called for world class products and leaders in the run up to 100 years of Independence in 2047. Also highlighted the inclusion of Information services into 12 service sectors is showing positive results.
- Where did PM Modi laid foundation stone for a Cauvery Basin Refinery, at an estimated cost of INR 31, 500 Crore?
1) Salem, Tamil Nadu
2) Hassan, Karnataka
3) Karaikal, Puducherry
4) Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu
5) Mysore, Karnataka
Answer-4) Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu
On February 17, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually Inaugurated & Laid Foundation Stone for several key projects related to Oil & Gas Sector in Tamil Nadu (TN). The projects are:
Laid Foundation stone of Cauvery Basin Refinery at Nagapattinam. The Cauvery Basin Refinery will have a capacity of 9 million metric tonnes per annum and the estimated cost of the project is INR 31, 500 Crore.
Inauguration of 143 Km Long Ramanathapuram-Thoothukudi section of Natural Gas Pipeline
Inauguration of Gasoline Desulphurisation unit at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Manali, Chennai.
- Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi gave approval (in Feb’21) for the signing of a Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA). As per the approval, which country will become the 1st African country to have a deal with India?
2) South Africa
On February 17, 2021, the Union Cabinet Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra has gave its approval to the signing of India’s first Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) with a country in Africa i.e. Mauritius. The CECPA between India and Mauritius covers 310 export items for India, covering Trade in Goods, Rules of Origin, Trade in Services, Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures and others. Under CECPA, Indian service providers will have access to around 115 sub-sectors from the 11 broad service sectors.
- In which CSIR institute, a ‘Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH)’ was inaugurated (in Feb’21) by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan?
1) Open Source Drug Discovery(CSIR-OSDD), New Delhi
2) Centre for Cellular Molecular Biology(CSIR-CCMB), Hyderabad
3) Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine(CSIR-IIIM), J&K
4) National Chemical Laboratory(CSIR-NCL), Pune
5) Central Drug Research Institute(CSIR-CDRI), Lucknow
Answer-5) Central Drug Research Institute(CSIR-CDRI), Lucknow
On February 17, 2021, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated ‘Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH)’ – Research Facility at CSIR-CDRI (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Drug Research Institute), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) on occasion of the institute’s 70th Annual Day Celebrations. CRTDH aims to provide support to various institutes for conducting advanced research in the field of Drug discovery. He also inaugurated a series of lectures named ‘Atal National Colloquium on Healthcare and Innovation’.
- Which company signed (in Feb’21) an MoU with IIT-Indian School of Mines (ISM) for advanced technological support in coal bed methane exploration?
1) Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd
2) Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Ltd
3) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
4) Flosil Oil & Gas Equipment & Services Pvt. Ltd.
5) BG Shirke Oil & Gas India Pvt. Ltd.
Answer-2) Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Ltd
On February 17, 2021, Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Ltd (EOGEPL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration with IIT-Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad (Jharkhand). Though this MoU both entities will work together on research and development of various advanced coal bed methane (CBM) technological innovations. The IIT (ISM) will provide advanced training to EOGEPL officials in mutually agreed areas.
- Where was the 11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ conducted?
1) Tehri, Uttarakhand
2) Cooch Behar, West Bengal
3) Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
4) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
5) New Delhi
Answer-2) Cooch Behar, West Bengal
On February 14, 2021, West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ at Cooch Behar Palace at Cooch Behar, West Bengal in the presence of Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture & Tourism. It is the flagship programme of the Ministry of Culture and is organized under the ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ Programme.
- Which state is the top destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from United Kingdom, as per Grant Thornton Bharat’s Britain Meets India report?
3) Tamil Nadu
In accordance with the Grant Thornton Bharat’s Britain Meets India report, the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow from the United Kingdom (UK) to India has increased from $898 million in 2015- 16 to $1,422 million in 2019-20. The report is prepared in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and with the support of the UK’s Department of International Trade. It should be noted that Maharashtra is the top investment destination for UK companies, followed by Haryana, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka.
- Which organisation got approval (in Feb’21) from RBI to acquire Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL)?
1) Piramal Capital and Housing Finance
2) Oaktree Capital Management
3) Adani Group
4) Brookfield Asset Management
5) Aditya Birla Group
Answer-1) Piramal Capital and Housing Finance
The RBI has given approval to the Dewan Housing Finance Corporation(DHFL) resolution plan from Piramal Capital and Housing Finance Ltd (PCHFL), a company of Piramal group that was submitted by the Committee of Creditors(CoC). The resolution plan is to revive the debt-ridden DHFL. This approval paves way for Piramal group to acquire DHFL. As per the plan, Piramal group will merge PCHFL with DHFL, which involves a total payment of around Rs 35,000 crores. It is expected that the merged entity will focus largely on the retail real estate and lending space.
- Indian Govt. has decided to infuse Rs 1,500 crore capital into EXIM Bank for FY 22. Which among the following is NOT one of the functionaries of EXIM Bank?
1) Financing of joint ventures in foreign countries
2) Post Shipment Finance
3) Export credit insurance support to Indian exporters
4) Offer short-term loans to foreign banks
5) Underwriting of stocks of Indian companies engaged in export or import
Answer-3) Export credit insurance support to Indian exporters
The government has decided to infuse Rs 1,500 crore capital into Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) in FY 22. This equity support/subscription is to maximise the paid up capital of the bank to the level of its authorised capital. Amount is Higher than amount earmarked in FY 21.
Export credit insurance support to Indian exporters is provided by Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (ECGC).
- Who recently (in Feb’21), got appointed as the Under-Secretary-General and Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)?
1) Usha Rao-Monari
2) Gita Sabharwal
3) Soumya Swaminathan
4) Anita Bhatia
5) Preeti Sinha
Answer-1) Usha Rao-Monari
On February 17, 2021 António Guterres, United Nations Secretary-General appointed Ms. Usha Rao-Monari of India as Under-Secretary-General and Associate Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). She succeeds Mourad Wahba of Egypt, who served as the acting associate administrator. He also serves as the UNDP Regional Director for Arab States. The previous Associate Administrator of UNDP was Tegegnework Gettu.