AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Where is Culture Ministry planning to build a museum commemorating Netaji Subash Chandra Bose on his 125th birth anniversary in 2022?
1) New Delhi
2) Kuala Lumpur
Answer-4) Kolkata,West Bengal
The Union Culture Ministry was planning a museum for Netaji in Kolkata, an exhibition at the Victoria Memorial and cultural performances in West Bengal, as a part of the commemoration of Netaji Subash Chandra Bose’s 125th birth anniversary in 2022. Historical documents, photos and other materials would be brought together at one place for display. The commemoration would also be the start of the celebrations of 75 years of Independence in 2022.
- What was the name recently approved by CM Yogi Adityanath for the New International airport that will be constructed in Uttar Pradesh, on December, 2020?
1) Prayagraj International Greenfield Airport
2) Jewar International Airport
3) Noida International Greenfield Airport
4) Ghaziabad International Greenfield Airport
5) Sardar Sarovar International Airport
Answer-3) Noida International Greenfield Airport
On December 18, 2020 Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, approved the name, design and logo of the international airport to be constructed in Jewar, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Name– Noida International Greenfield Airport
Logo– Image of ‘sarus’ (stork), the state bird
Design– On lines of world-famous airports in London, Moscow and Milan.
- Who become the first Indian woman to score a goal in a professional European football league?
1) Bala Devi
2) Sanju Yadav
3) Grace Dangmei
4) Jabamani Tudu
5) Aditi Chauhan
Answer-1) Bala Devi
Bala Devi created history by becoming the first Indian woman to score in a professional European football league, when she scored against Motherwell for Rangers FC, on Sunday. Rangers won the match 9-0, with the attacker also helping her side win a penalty. The forward joined the Scottish club in January 2020, and became the first Indian woman to sign a professional football contract overseas.
- Where is India planning to establish a regional climate centre?
1) Western Ghats
2) Eastern Ghats
3) Gulf of Kutch
4) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
India is planning to establish a regional climate centre for the Himalayan mountain region which will not only provide weather-related advice within the country but also to its neighbours. China is also building a similar regional climate centre on its side of the Himalayas.
- Who represented India virtually in the 4th Bilateral Joint Working Group (JWG) between the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), India and the National Narcotics Board (BNN), Indonesia?
1) Rakesh Asthana
2) Ranjit Sinha
3) Ajit Doval
4) Alok Verma
5) Samant Goel
Answer-1) Rakesh Asthana
On 17th December, 2020 The 4th Bilateral Joint Working Group (JWG) between the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), India and the National Narcotics Board (BNN), Indonesia was held virtually. The Indian side was headed by Rakesh Asthana, Director General of NCB, Ministry of Home Affairs, India & Puji Sarwono, Deputy of Legal Affairs & Cooperation, BNN, Indonesia led the Indonesian side. Rakesh Asthana highlighted the trafficking of Heroin & Amphetamine Type Stimulant (ATS) in India through land & maritime routes particularly the Golden Triangle.
- Which Institution will cooperate with Copenhagen Business School (CBS) on matters of mutual interest in the International Maritime water, that came as an outcome of the 3rd meeting of Joint Working Group (JWG) on shipping between India and Denmark?
1) Academy of Maritime Education and Training
2) Coimbatore Marine College
3) International Maritime Institute
4) Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies
5) Gujarat Maritime University
Answer-5) Gujarat Maritime University
On December 17, 2020, the 3rd meeting of Joint Working Group (JWG) on shipping between India and Denmark was held virtually to identify areas of co-operation between the two countries. The agreement for mutual cooperation between Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) and Copenhagen Business School (CBS) was also concluded between both nations. The Danish delegation proposed that along with the next meeting of the JWG, an India-Danish web conference will be organised in April, 2021.
- Which country virtually participated with India on the 12th Meeting of Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-Terrorism in December, 2020?
5) New Zealand
On December 17, 2020, the 12th Meeting of India-Australia Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter-Terrorism was held virtually. Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary for Counter Terrorism in the Ministry of External Affairs of India led the Indian side & Tony Sheehan, Deputy Secretary International Security, Humanitarian and Consular Group, Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Australia led the Australian side.
- Between which two cities the 5th rail link connecting India-Bangladesh was inaugurated by PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina during virtual India-Bangladesh Summit 2020?
1) Haldibari – Chilahati
3) Singhabad – Rajshahi
Answer-1) Haldibari – Chilahati
On December 17, 2020, a virtual India-Bangladesh Summit was held between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina which concluded with a Joint Statement. During the summit, both counterparts launched the fifth rail link connecting India-Bangladesh to further strengthen people to people contact and boost trade between the two neighbours. It is a 10.5 km long rail link, 3.5 km of which is on the Indian side, connecting Haldibari in West Bengal to Chilahati in Bangladesh.
- Government of India issued commemorative stamp on the birth centenary of _____, that was jointly unveiled by PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina, on December, 2020.
1) Ziaur Rahman
2) Mahatma Gandhi
3) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
4) Mother Teresa
5) Hussain Muhammad Ershad
Answer-3) Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
The two prime ministers jointly unveiled a commemorative postal stamp issued by the government of India on the occasion of the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. They also launched the Bangabandhu-Bapu digital museum that will showcase the values that founding fathers i.e. Bangabandhu and Mahatma Gandhi. It will be will be shown on TV-screen at different places in Bangladesh, India and some other countries.
- Which country was recently removed from the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism on December, 2020?
India on Monday welcomed the removal of Sudan from the U.S. list of state sponsors of terrorism as well as the normalisation of relations between the African nation and Israel. Sudan’s transitional government inked the peace agreement with several militant groups with an aim to end years of civil war that killed hundreds of thousands of people in the country.
- What is the theme of the 2nd Cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS) testing environment by Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1) Retail Payments
2) MSME Lending
3) Cross Border Payments
4) Responsible Banking
5) Credit off-take
Answer-3) Cross Border Payments
After the commencement of Test Phase of First Cohort under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS) by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on November 17, 2020, now the apex bank has announced the opening of the Second Cohort on the theme of “Cross Border Payments”. The theme of the first cohort was “Retail Payments” while for third Cohort, the theme will be “MSME Lending”. This program allows the collaboration of banks, fintech and technology companies to conduct real-time experimental projects under the supervision of the RBI team.
- Which finance service company has partnered with IndusInd Bank to launch its 1st metal credit card, ‘IndusInd Bank Pioneer Heritage Credit Card’?
On December 17, 2020 IndusInd Bank in partnership with Mastercard launched its 1st metal credit card, ‘IndusInd Bank Pioneer Heritage Credit Card’. This Contactless Credit Card is designed to meet the needs of High-Net-Worth-Individuals (HNWIs), especially of the affluent Indian professionals and entrepreneurs. It offers a complimentary personal air accident cover of Rs 2.5 crores and insurance cover for a sum up to the credit limit on the card.
- Which company recently partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable doorstep QR Code payments for orders, on December, 2020?
On December 17, 2020 Snapdeal partnered with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable buyers to make Quick Response(QR)-based digital payments on getting delivery of their orders. This facility will work with all UPI-payment options, including Bhim, Google Pay, Whatsapp Pay, etc.,
- What will be India’s GDP growth in 2021 as per the projections of GDP Outlook December-2020 by ICRA Limited?
1) -7.7 %
2) -6.8 %
3) -10.9 %
5) -6.3 %
ICRA Limited in its GDP Outlook- December 2020 projetcs that India’s GDP(Gross Domestic Product)in real terms will contract by 7.8%(-7.8%) in FY2021. This is due to the agency’s forecast that the technical recession in Indian economy will end in Q4 of FY2021, with a slow 1.3% growth benefitting from a real recovery and the low base effect.
Nomura projected that India will be the fastest growing Asian economy in 2021, with an estimate of 9.9% gross domestic product (GDP) growth in CY 21.
- Which organisation received the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award (GPEMA) 2020 in the steel sector that was presented by The Institute of Directors(IOD)?
1) JSW Steel Limited
2) Larsen and Toubro
3) Jindal Steel and Power
4) Tata Steel BSL
5) Steel Authority of India Limited
Answer-5) Steel Authority of India Limited
On December 15, 2020 Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) won the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award(GPEMA) 2020 in the steel sector during a virtual ceremony of the 2nd cycle of Golden Peacock Awards 2020. Golden Peacock Awards 2020 were presented by The Institute of Directors(IOD). SAIL receives this award for the successive 2nd year.
- Who was awarded as the Best FIFA Men’s player for 2020?
1) Lionel Messi
2) Robert Lewandowski
3) Luka Modric
4) Lucy Bronze
5) Cristiano Ronaldo
Answer-2) Robert Lewandowski
Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) awarded Robert Lewandowski, captain of Poland National Team as the Best FIFA Men’s player for 2020 in its annual award ceremony.
Award Recipient Best FIFA Men’s player Robert Lewandowski Best FIFA Women’s player Lucy Bronze Best FIFA Men’s Coach Jurgen Klopp Best FIFA Women’s Coach Sarina Wiegman Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper Sarah Bouhaddi FIFA PUSKÁS Award Son Heung Min FIFA Fan Award Marivaldo Francisco da Silva FIFA Fair Play Award Mattia Agnese
- What is the theme of 12th GRIHA (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment) Summit 2020 organized by GRIHA Council, Hyderabad in December, 2020?
1) Choosing sustainable, building sustainable
2) Approach to Integrated Sustainability
3) Sustainable is Affordable
4) Rejuvenating Resilient Habitats
5) Fostering partnerships for Sustainable habitats
Answer-4) Rejuvenating Resilient Habitats
Vice President (VP) Venkaiah Naidu virtually inaugurated the 12th GRIHA (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment) Summit 2020 organized by GRIHA Council, Hyderabad, Telangana from December 15-16, 2020. The Summit was a Virtual Conference. Theme of the 12th GRIHA Summit – ‘Rejuvenating Resilient Habitats’. GRIHA is a National Rating System for Green Buildings, it is an initiative of TERI (The Energy & Resources Institute, New Delhi) & developed by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy.
- What is the total amount sanctioned by Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi, for 7 Capital Military hardware acquisition in December, 2020?
1) Rs. 5000 Cr
2) Rs. 15000 Cr
3) Rs. 28000 Cr
4) Rs. 47000 Cr
5) Rs. 4700 Cr
Answer-3) Rs. 28000 Cr
On December 17, 2020, a Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence (MoD) in New Delhi where 7 Capital Acquisition proposals regarding military hardware worth Rs. 28,000 Crore were approved. The Government has sanctioned Rs 10,994-crore project for the development of six AEW&C or AWACS Block-2 aircraft for IAF. The DAC also approved the procurement of 11 next-generation Offshore Patrol Vessels for Indian Navy (NGOPVs) worth over Rs 9,000 crore.
- What is the service provided by ISRO’s recently launched satellite CMS-01 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota in December, 2020?
2) Remote Sensing
3) Global Positioning System
5) Radar Imaging
On December 17, 2020 India’s communication satellite CMS-01 was successfully launched by Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) PSLV-C50 (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. It will provide Telecom services in the Extended-C band of the Frequency spectrum. The Extended-C band coverage includes Indian mainland, Andaman-Nicobar & Lakshadweep islands. It has a mission life of 7 years and will replace GSAT-12 (Geostationary Satellite) satellite launched in 2011.
- Which country pledged to contribute USD 1 Million to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) Scientific Research Budget in December, 2020?
3) Saudi Arabia
On December 17, 2020, India pledged to contribute USD 1 Million (Approximately INR 7.35 Crores) to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) Scientific Research Budget. The amount will be India’s contribution to WADA’s initiative of raising a corpus of USD 10 Million. India’s contribution is the highest ever contribution made to WADA by a third world country which includes Saudi Arabia, China and Egypt. The contribution will be used for the development of innovative anti-doping testing and detection methods.
- Which fast bowler recently announced retirement from International Cricket on December, 2020?
1) Irfan Pathan
2) Shane Watson
3) Mohammad Amir
4) Mitchell Johnson
5) Mitchell Starc
Answer-3) Mohammad Amir
On December 17, 2020 Pakistan’s Fast Bowler Mohammad Amir announced retirement from International Cricket at the age of 28. Amir had already announced his retirement from Test Cricket in July, 2019. He was part of the Pakistan team which won the 2009 ICC World T20 & 2017 ICC Champions Trophy.
- Which sport was formally recognised by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports as a Competitive sport in India, on December, 2020?
1) Brake dancing
2) Scuba diving
4) Bungee jumping
On 17th December, 2020 Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports jointly announced the formal recognition of Yogasana as a Competitive sport in India. The ministries also plan to conduct ‘National Individual Yogasana Sports Championship’ in February 2021. Yogasana will be included in Khelo India and other University games making its way for National games.
- Late Alex Olmedo is the Hall of Fame of _______.
Alex Olmedo, who won the Wimbledon and Australian Championships singles titles in 1959 and was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 1987, has died.
- What is the theme of 2020 edition of United Nations(UN)’s World Arabic Language Day that is celebrated annually on 18th December?
1) Arabic Language and Youth
2) Looking to the Digital World
3) Arabic Language and Artificial Intelligence
4) Arabic Language Academies: Necessity or Luxury?
5) Arabic language- A Medium for Dignity and Equality
Answer-4) Arabic Language Academies: Necessity or Luxury?
The United Nations(UN)’s World Arabic Language Day is annually celebrated across the world on 18th December to create and spread awareness about the history, culture and development of Arabic language. The day provides an opportunity to celebrate the richness and global significance of Arabic language which is one of the oldest and most widely spoken languages in the world. The World Arabic Language day was first celebrated on 18th December 2012. The theme of the World Arabic Language Day 2020 is “Arabic Language Academies: Necessity or Luxury?”
- On which date the UN annually observes International Migrants Day?
1) 15th December
2) 18th December
3) 12th December
4) 15th November
5) 30th November
Answer-2) 18th December
The UN’s International Migrants Day is annually observed across the globe on 18th December with an aim to ensure effective and full protection of human rights of the migrants and to spread the information on the human rights and fundamental freedoms of all migrants. The theme of 2020 International Migrants Day is “Reimagining Human Mobility”, which highlights that migration should be a choice and not a necessity.
- When does the annual celebration of Minorities Rights Day happen in India?
1) 15th December
2) 15th November
3) 12th December
4) 18th December
5) 30th November
Answer-4) 18th December
Minorities Rights Day is celebrated every year on December 18 across India by the National Commission for Minorities(NCM). The day aims to educate people about the rights, problems of minorities and eliminate all forms of discrimination against them as a moral obligation. The day also aims to safeguard the constitutional guaranteed freedoms of them.
- Which orgnaisation has entered into a multi-year collaboration agreement with India Grid Trust (IndiGrid) to build asset management platform that is enabled with AI on December, 2020?
1) Google India
On December 17, 2020 India Grid Trust (IndiGrid) and IBM enters into a multi-year collaboration agreement to build asset management platform that is enabled with AI for Digital Transformation of Critical Power Infrastructure. IndiGrid will deploy a hybrid cloud solution with IBM Maximo Application Suite that runs on open IBM Cloud.
- Who launched the Economic Diplomacy Website to highlight India’s Policies to the Global Investor Community?
1) S. Jaishankar
2) Narendra Modi
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Amit Shah
5) Nitin Gadkari
Answer-1) S. Jaishankar
On 16th December, 2020 Minister of External Affairs S. Jaishankar launched an economic diplomacy website to highlight India’s economic, sectoral and state wise strength. This website paves way for the Global business community to utilise India’s ease of doing business initiatives and enhance trade with India.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve located?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
A special team of experts set up by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change will visit the Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve, Assam on 15 or 16 December to investigate the recent incidents of elephants dying from Anthrax.
- Who was the current Director General of UNESCO on December, 2020?
1) Filippo Grandi
2) António Guterres
3) Soumya Swaminathan
4) Audrey Azoulay
5) Tedros Adhanom
Answer-4) Audrey Azoulay
Audrey Azoulay is the current Director General of UNESCO on December, 2020.
- When was the Ministry of AYUSH formed?
1) November 2015
2) December 2016
3) September 2012
4) March 2015
5) November 2014
Answer-5) November 2014
The Ministry of AYUSH formed on 9th November, 2014.
- Where is the Headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) located?
1) Montreal, Canada
2) Rome, Italy
3) Paris, France
4) Nairobi, Kenya
5) Gland, Switzerland
Answer-1) Montreal, Canada
The Headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) located at Montreal, Canada.
- Who will become the new CEO of MasterCard by January, 2021?
1) Shantanu Narayen
2) Satya Nadella
3) Michael Miebach
4) Ajay Singh Banga
5) Indra Nooyi
Answer-3) Michael Miebach
Ajay Banga will be replaced by Michael Miebach to become the new CEO of MasterCard by January, 2021.
- What is the name of Bangladesh’s currency?
The Bangladeshi taka is the currency of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.