AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 & 20 September 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- What is the utility of Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY) that was recently (in Sep ’21) launched by the Ministry of Railways?
1) Skill Development Program for Youth
2) 100% Rail Electrification program
3) Converting Metro Stations as Green Rail Corridor
4) Modernization of Railway Platforms
5) Developing High-Speed Train Network
Answer-1) Skill Development Program for Youth
Ministry of Railways launched Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). The program envisages empowering youth viz. 50000 candidates with industry relevant skills over a period of three years under the Apprentice Act 1961 through 75 Railway training institutes.
- In September 2021, ‘Sirarakhong Chilli’ (Hathei Chilly) & ‘Tamenglong Orange’ received the GI tag highlighting their uniqueness from which state?
1) Andaman & Nicobar
Manipur’s ‘Sirarakhong Chilli’ (Hathei Chilly) & ‘Tamenglong Orange’ received the Geographical Index (GI) tag. Sirarakhong Chilli found in Manipur’s Ukrul district & Tamenglong orange, widely grown across the Zeliangrong Naga – dominated district.
- In September 2021, __________ collaborated with NITI Aayog to provide learning material to School Students & acquired 100% share in US based K-12 coding company __________.
1) BYJU’s; Tynker
2) BYJU’s; Hurix
3) Brainly; Tynker
4) Unacademy; Hurix
5) Unacademy; Hurix
Answer-1) BYJU’s; Tynker
NITI Aayog launched an initiative in collaboration with edutech company BYJU’s to provide free access to the company’s “Premium Learning’’ resources to students of class 6-12 in government schools across 112 ‘Aspirational Districts’.
i. BYJU’s acquired 100% share in United States based K-12 coding company Tynker.
- Identify the Ministry that launched ‘PM Adarsh Gram Yojana’ covering 36,000 villages to provide ‘Housing for All’ by 2022.
1) Ministry of Mines
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
4) Ministry of Panchayati Raj
5) Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
Answer-3) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Ministry of Tribal Affairs announced the start of ‘Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojna’ (PMAGY) to provide ‘Housing for All’ by 2022 & Integrated development of villages having population of Scheduled Castes (SC) people is more than 50%.
- Which organization recently (in Sept’ 21) signed a MoU with the ‘Department of Space’ to use ISRO facilities for developing Launch Vehicles?
1) BrahMos Aerospace
2) Agnikul Cosmos
3) Lockheed Martin
5) Airnetz Aviation
Answer-2) Agnikul Cosmos
ISRO (Indian Space Research Institute) & IN-Space(Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre) committee signed a Framework of MoU on behalf of Department of Space with ‘Agnikul Cosmos’ to use ISRO facilities to develop Launch Vehicles.
- Name the mobile app that was recently (in Sept’ 21) launched by LIC for exclusive performance analysis by development officers.
3) Satark Analysis
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) launched its new mobile app – ‘PRAGATI’ (Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator) for exclusive performance analysis of the company by development officers.
i. LIC also launched an AI based app – “Jeevan Saakshaya”, that offers retired employees for online submission of life certificates.
- In September 2021, Yoshihide Suga stepped down as the Prime Minister of Which country?
2) South Korea
Japan’s prime minister, Yoshihide Suga, stepped down as the Prime Minister(PM) of Japan. Yoshihide Suga is the leader of Japan’s Liberal Democratic Party (LDP).
Emperor– Naruhito (126th Emperor of Japan)
Currency– Japanese Yen
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as one of 17 SDG Advocates by the UN to focus on protecting and promoting the rights of children around the world?
1) Licypriya Kangujam
2) Ridhima Pandey
3) Harish Iyer
4) Kailash Satyarthi
5) Kranti Shah
Answer-4) Kailash Satyarthi
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocates. Nobel Peace Laureate Kailash Satyarthi was appointed to focus on protecting and promoting the rights of children around the world.
- Who was recently (in Sept’ 21) appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of the National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC)?
2) Alka Nangia Arora
3) Subhash Kumar
4) Mallika Srinivasan
5) S Ramann
Answer- 2) Alka Nangia Arora
Alka Nangia Arora, an Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS) officer, was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director(CMD) of the National Small Industries Corporation Limited(NSIC).
- Which recently (in Sept’ 21) was declared as the World’s 1st 5-Country Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO?
4) Djebel Bou-Hedma
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) declared Europe’s Mura-Drava-Danube (MDD), the largest riverine protected area on the continent known as ‘Amazon of Europe’ as the world’s first five-country biosphere reserve.
Countries covered– Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary and Serbia.
Rivers covered– Mura, Drava and Danube