AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 & 20 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian railways planned to connect the capitals of North East states through rail network by which year?
Railway Board Chairman Vinod Kumar Yadav has announced the connectivity of all capitals of North-Eastern states through rail network by 2023. Railways is already implementing a project in this regard.As of today, the capitals of Assam, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are already connected. The work to connect capitals of Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Meghalaya is in progress.
- India has established individual bilateral ‘air bubbles’ with France, Germany and United States recently. Who is the present civil aviation minister (MoS I/C) of India?
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Shripad Yasso Naik
3) Hardeep Singh Puri
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Prakash Javadekar
Answer-3) Hardeep Singh Puri
Union Civil Aviation Minister (MoS I/C)Hardeep Singh Puri informed that India has established individual bilateral ‘air bubbles’ with France and the United States(US). In addition to this, a similar arrangement with Germany has been established and Lufthansa will be operating the flights. This agreement allows countries’ airlines to operate international flights.
- Which state government announced Renewable Energy Export Policy 2020 recently (July 2020)?
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-4) Andhra Pradesh
The State Government of Andhra Pradesh(AP) announced the Andhra Pradesh Renewable Energy Export Policy 2020, which permits the sale of power to the other states of India. The policy will be in force for the five years.
- India hands over outdoor fitness equipment for 61 islands across which country in July 2020?
2) Hong Kong
India hands over outdoor fitness equipment for 61 islands across Maldives under a cash grant of 8 million US dollars. The equipment’s were formally handed over by Indian High Commissioner to Maldives Sunjay Sudhir in a ceremony at Male.
- Election Commission of India recently announced postal ballot rules will be applicable for voters over the age of _____.
The Election Commission recently announced that it would not allow postal ballot facility for voters above 65 years of age citing challenges and constraints to implement this rule in the upcoming Bihar polls and other elections in near future. However, the postal ballot rules will be applicable for voters over the age of 80, disabled or those suffering from novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and are either in home or institutional quarantine.
- How many people in India moved out of multidimensional poverty over 10 years as per Global Multidimensional Poverty Index 2020 released by UNDP & OPHI?
1) 273 million
2) 412 million
3) 315 million
4) 216 million
5) 174 million
Answer-1) 273 million
The United Nations’ “Global Multidimensional Poverty Index(GMPI) 2020: Charting pathways out of multidimensional poverty: Achieving the SDGs” states that India records the largest reduction in the number of People living in poverty as around 273 million people moved out of the multidimensional poverty over 10 years (2005/2006 – 2015/2016). The report released by the Human Development Report Office of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) focuses on how multidimensional poverty has declined.
- According to world bank’s classifications by Income level 2020-21, India was classified under which category?
According to the New World Bank country classifications by income level 2020-2021, India remains in the classification, Lower-Middle-Income Economy. In total 218 countries have been included in this classification.The World Bank classifies countries into four income groups namely: low income, lower-middle income, upper-middle income, and high-income economies. The classifications are updated each year on July 1 and are based on Gross National Income(GNI) per capita in current USD(using the Atlas method exchange rates) of the previous year.
- India’s GDP to contract by ______% in FY21 as per the estimation of India Ratings and Research.
As per the research report of India Ratings and Research(Ind-Ra), Centre’s fiscal deficit is estimated to increase to 7.6% in FY21, which is twice the budget estimate as the country spends more to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, facing a shortfall in revenues. The report projects India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) to contract by 5.3% in FY21.
- Who among the following are the laureates of Nelson Mandela Prize 2020?
1) Marianna Vardinoyannis
2) Morissana Kouyaté
3) Volkan Bozkir
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, The President of United Nations General Assembly announced that Marianna Vardinoyannis, of Greece, and Doctor Morissana Kouyaté, of Guinea will receive the 2020 Nelson Mandela Prize. They will be recognized in the virtual ceremony on 20th July 2020.
- The Ongole sub-division office has won water heroes award for April 2020 from Jal Shakti Ministry recently. The Ongole Sub-Division Office belongs to which zone of Indian railways?
1) South Central
5) South Eastern
Answer-1) South Central
The Ongole Sub-Divisional Office of Vijayawada Division, Andhra Pradesh, South Central Railway has won the Water Heroes Award for the month of April, 2020 from the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India. The division is led by Pratham Agarwal, Assistant Divisional Engineer.
- Union minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar has announced the 2019 ICAR award in which edition of ICAR foundation day (16 July 2020)?
On 16, July 2020, Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare inaugurated the Virtual celebration of the 92nd Foundation day of Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR) and declared the 2019 ICAR Awards from Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Who among the following has won Jagjivan Ram Innovative Farmer Award 2019?
1) Raghupat Singh
2) Bharat Shankar Sontakki
3) Devvrat Singh
Answer-4) T. Purushothaman
Jagjivan Ram AbhinavKisan Puruskar or Jagjivan Ram Innovative Farmer Award 2019 is presented to farmers of various zones. Of that, Major Manmohan Singh Verka of Amritsar&T. Purushothaman, a shrimp farmer from Payyannurwere well known farmers who received the award in this edition.
- PM Modi addressed the virtual session at 2020’s High-Level Segment of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) held at UN in which city?
3) New York
Answer-3) New York
Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered a keynote address virtually at 2020’s High-Level Segment (HLS) of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) session held at the United Nations in New York, United States (US). The theme of this 2020 ECOSOC HLS was “Multilateralism after COVID19: What kind of UN do we need at the 75th anniversary”.
- Which edition of ministerial meeting of the US-India strategic energy partnership was held recently (co-chaired by Dharmendra Pradhan & Dan Brouillette).
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Steel Dharmendra Pradhan and United States (US) Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette co-chaired the 2nd ministerial meeting of the U.S.-India Strategic Energy Partnership (SEP) virtually to review progress, highlight major accomplishments, and prioritize new areas for cooperation. Before heading further, it is to be noted that there is significant increase in Indo-US bilateral hydrocarbon trade since the establishment of SEP, with the bilateral hydrocarbon trade touching US$ 9.2 billion during 2019-20, marking a 93% increase since 2017-18.The meeting was organized by US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- India planned to create its first overseas oil stockpile in which country?
1) United States
Answer-1) United States
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas signed MOU to begin cooperation on Strategic Petroleum Reserves operation and maintenance, including exchange of information and best practices. This MoU was based on a proposal from the US after the recent historic drop in oil prices during the coronavirus pandemic. It is to be noted that for the first time, India, the world’s third-largest oil guzzler, is planning to create an emergency reserve of oil in the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve to take advantage of low prices and to increase its strategic oil stockpile.
- India planned to establish its 1st Solar Decathlon competition in which year?
The U.S. DOE signed a MOU to collaborate with India U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in order to support India in the establishment of country’s 1st Solar Decathlon India in 2021. The aim of this competition is to prepare the next generation of building professionals to design and build high efficiency buildings powered by renewables.
- The United states based USAID and USIDFC planned to establish ________ worth credit guarantee for India’s SME sector to deploy rooftop solar.
1) $25 million
2) $50 million
3) $75 million
4) $125 million
5) $100 million
Answer-1) $25 million
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (USIDFC) are developing a concept to establish a new $25-million credit guarantee for India’s Small and Medium Enterprise sector to deploy rooftop solar.
- Indian Navy conducted major exercise led by Sanjay Vatsayan in which state/UT recently (July 2020)?
1) Jammu & Kashmir
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Andaman & Nicobar
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Andaman & Nicobar
Indian Navy conducted major Naval exercises in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands led by Sanjay Vatsayan, Chief Rear Admiral of Eastern naval fleet as a display of strategic intents against China amid the current military conflicts in the Northeastern borders in Ladakh.
- Footballer Andre Schurrle who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
Andre Schurrle (29), Former Chelsea attacker and Borussia Dortmund forward and 2014 World cup winning German team player, announces his retirement on July 17, 2020.
- Which country is going to host 22nd edition of FIFA men’s football world cup 2022?
Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) informed that the 2022 World cup tournament is to be inaugurateat Qatar’s Al Bayt Stadium (or) Al Khor Stadium (November 21 – December 18). Men’s 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be the 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup. Final match will be held at Lusail Stadium. Host country will be Qatar.
- Cordy Tindell Vivian who passed away in July 2020 is a renowned _______.
3) Social Worker
4) Pop Singer
5) Classical Dancer
Answer-3) Social Worker
The Rev. Cordy Tindell Vivian (95), a civil rights veteran died out of natural causes at his residence in Atlanta, United States on July 17, 2020. He has served as head of the organization co-founded by the civil rights icon. He was born on 28 July 1924 in Howard County, U.S state of Maryland.
- The Nelson Mandela International Day is observed annually on _________.
1) July 18
2) July 19
3) July 17
4) July 15
5) July 21
Answer-1) July 18
The United Nations’(UN) Nelson Mandela International Day is annually celebrated on July 18th the birth anniversary of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, to recognize his contribution in creating a democratic South Africa.The first Nelson Mandela International Day was celebrated on 18th July 2010. The theme of Nelson Mandela International Day is “Take action, inspire change”.
- Name the automotive technology portal launched by International Centre of Automotive Technology (ICAT) recently.
The International Centre of Automotive Technology(ICAT) has launched an automotive technology e-portal, Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education(ASPIRE). The key objective of this portal is to enhance the technological capability of Indian automotive sector through exchange of knowledge & expertise.
- Which ministry launched PM SVANidhi mobile app recently?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat Raj
Answer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
A mobile Application of Prime Minister Street Vendor’s Atma NirbharNidhi (PM SVANidhi) was virtually launched by Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) from New Delhi, in order to bring paper-less Micro credit facility for street vendors at their door steps and also to give impetus to the implementation strategy of the Scheme.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Kaziranga National Park is located in which state?
India’s only Golden Tiger, Kazi 106F was recently in Kaziranga National park, Assam.
- Bhagirathi river originates at which Indian state?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
Recently, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has approved the Zonal Master Plan for the Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone to pave the way for faster execution of Char Dham Road Project.The Bhagirathi River is a Himalayan River which flows in Uttarakhand state. It is one of the two headstreams of the pious Ganga River.The Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone notification mandates the State Government of Uttarakhand to prepare ZMP to be implemented under the supervision of the Monitoring Committee.The Char Dham project proposes to provide all-weather connectivity to Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath, and has 53 projects of 826 km length, involving an investment of Rs. 12,000 crores.
- Nagarhole national park and tiger reserve is located in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
A black panther was spotted in Karnataka’s Nagarhole National Park and Tiger Reserve recently in July 2020.
- What is the currency of South Africa?
The capital and currency of South Africa are Pretoria (executive), Bloemfontein (Judicial), Cape town (legislative) & South African rand.
- Al Bayt stadium which is in news recently located at which country?Al Bayt stadium which is in news recently located at which country?
Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) informed that the 2022 World cup tournament is to be held in Qatar at Al Bayt Stadium (or) Al Khor Stadium.