AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 & 20 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- In December 2021, PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Ganga Expressway in which district?
1) Dhanbad, Jharkhand
2) Birbhum, West Bengal
3) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
4) Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
5) Sheikhpura, BiharAnswer-4) Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the longest highway in India, the Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP) to offer fast-paced connectivity in India.
• The six-lane 594 km long expressway will be built at a cost of about Rs 36200 crore and will connect the western and eastern regions of UP.
• The highway will pass through different districts of up such as meerut, hapur, bulandshahr, amroha, sambhal, budaun, shahjahanpur, hardoi, unnao, rae bareli, pratapgarh and prayagraj.
- Where was the 11-day long 24th Edition of Lokrang 2021 held?
1) Dispur, Assam
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
5) Jaipur, RajasthanAnswer-5) Jaipur, Rajasthan
The 11-day long 24th ‘Lokrang-2021’, an annual festival of folk artists was held at Jawahar Kala Kendra (JKK) in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
• The 11-day festival began on December 16 & It was inaugurated by Art & Culture Minister of Rajasthan, BD Kalla.
• It will comprise National Handicrafts Fair in Shilpgram (rural arts and crafts complex in JKK) in collaboration with RUDA & Rajasthani Language Writing Festival.
- In December 2021, RBI Authorized __________ to collect indirect taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
1) City Union Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) CSB Bank
5) Karnataka BankAnswer-2) RBL Bank
RBI has granted permission to RBL Bank to collect indirect taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
• In November 2021, RBL Bank had got permission from RBI to collect direct taxes. Thus the current announcement enables the bank to collect both direct & indirect taxes.
• It is Based on the recommendation from the Controller General of Accounts, the Ministry of Finance.
- In December 2021, Indian Government & the Germany Development Bank signed ____________ Euro loan for Surat Metro Rail project.
1) 221.27 Million
2) 442.26 Million
3) 665.54 Million
4) 331.65 Million
5) 140.54 BillionAnswer-2) 442.26 million
Indian Government & the Germany Development Bank- KfW (Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau) signed 442.26 million Euro loan for 40.35 km Surat Metro Rail project in Gujarat.
About Surat Metro Project:
In January 2021, PM, Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the project with an objective to strengthen the transport infrastructure & It comprises two corridors, while corridor-1 is 21.61 km long and is from Sarthana to Dream City & Corridor-2 is 18.74 km long and is from Bhesan to Saroli.
- Which Organization signed a MoU with Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Limited (in Dec’21) to set up a 500 KLD Bioethanol plant in Gujarat?
3) Hindustan Petroleum
4) GAIL India
5) Oil IndiaAnswer-4) GAIL India
A MoU was signed between Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Limited (GACL) and GAIL (India) limited for setting up of a 500 Kilo Litre Per Day (KLD) capacity Bioethanol plant in Gujarat and for cooperation in other business areas of mutual interest.
• This MoU was signed on the lines of the roadmap launched by PM Narendra Modi for 20% Ethanol Blending in Petrol by 2025 in order to reduce import of crude oil.
• The By-Product from this plant will be 135 KTPA (Kilo-Tons Per Annum) Protein-rich Animal feed and 16.50 KTPA of Corn Oil.
About GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited):
Parent Ministry- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG)
Chairman & Managing Director – Manoj Jain
Headquarter- New Delhi, Delhi
- Which Organization recently (in Dec’21) test fired its New generation ballistic missile ‘Agni P’ from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the Odisha coast?
2) Indian Army
4) Indian Navy
5) HALAnswer-3) DRDO
Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully test-fired its new generation Agni Prime (Agni-P) missile from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the Odisha coast in Balasore.
• The ‘Agni P’ is a two-stage canisterised solid propellant ballistic missile with dual redundant navigation and guidance system
• The test was done from a defence base at The Agni-P is a new generation advanced variant of the Agni class of missiles. The surface nuclear capable ballistic missile with a range of 1000 to 2000 km.
About Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO):
Chairman -Dr G Satheesh Reddy
Headquarters- New Delhi
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021?
A) India won 4 Gold, 7 Silver, & 5 Bronze with a total of 16 Medals in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021 that was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
B) Purnima Pandey & Bindyarani Devi won the Gold Medal in the +87kg Women’s Category & 55 kg Clean & Jerk event respectively.
C) Vikas Thakur & Anuradha Pavunraj won Bronze Medal & Guru Raja and Lovepreet Singh won Silver Medal.
1) Only A & C
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-1) Only A & C
India won 4 Gold, 7 Silver, & 5 Bronze with a total of 16 Medals in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021 that was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
i. Purnima Pandey won the Gold Medal & Bindyarani Devi won Silver Medal in 55 kg Clean & Jerk event respectively.
ii. Vikas Thakur & Anuradha Pavunraj won Bronze Medal & Guru Raja and Lovepreet Singh won Silver Medal.
- Who won Gold Medal at the World Weightlifting Championships 2021 that was held in Tashkent?
1) Jhilli Dalabehera
2) Bindyarani Devi
3) Raja Muthupandi
4) Kunjarani Devi
5) Mirabai ChanuAnswer-2) Bindyarani Devi
Bindyarani Devi won the Gold Medal in the 55 kg Clean & Jerk event in World Weightlifting Championships 2021, which was held at Tashkent in December 2021.
• She is India’s only medallist at the World Weightlifting Championships 2021.
- National Minorities Rights Day is annually observed across India on 18th December. In which year is the 1st National Minorities Rights Day observed in India?
5) 2013Answer-5) 2013
The Minorities Rights Day in India was 1st observed on 18th December 2013.
• Minorities Rights Day is annually observed across India on 18th December to create awareness on the Constitutionally-assured rights of religious minorities.
• The day is annually celebrated by the National Commission for Minorities (NCM)
- The Tamil Nadu government announced “Tamil Thai Vazhthu” as the State Song of TN. It was written by _________.
1) Subramania Bharati
2) Manonmaniam Sundaranar Pillai
3) VOC Pillai
4) E.V. Ramaswamy
5) M. KarunanidhiAnswer-2) Manonmaniam Sundaranar Pillai
Tamil Nadu Government announced “Tamil Thai Vazhthu” (‘Neerarum Kadaludutha’) from Manonmaneeyam (Tamil Drama), written by Tamil scholar Manonmaniam Sundaranar Pillai as the State Song of Tamil Nadu.
• The song should be sung in 55 seconds in Mullaipaani Ragam (Mohana Raagam).