AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Government of India has promulgated two Ordinances to extend the tenure of the Director of CBI & Enforcement Directorate (ED) from the present 2years to a maximum of _________.
1) 5 years
2) 6 years
3) 4 years
4) 3 years
5) 7 yearsAnswer-1) 5 years
Government of India has promulgated two Ordinances by the Ministry of Law and Justice amending the Delhi Special Police Establishment (DSPE) Act, 1946 and Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 to extend the tenure of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Enforcement Directorate (ED) from the present 2 years to 5 years.
- In which City was the 1st of its kind ‘LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC)’ launched by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying?
1) Jalandhar, Punjab
2) Bharatpur, Rajasthan
3) Gurugram, Haryana
4) Solapur, Maharashtra
5) Khandwa, Madhya PradeshAnswer- 3) Gurugram, Haryana
Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (FAHD) Parshottam Rupala launched India’s first business incubator known as LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC) in Gurugram, Haryana.
• National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) is an implementing agency for the LIFIC.
About Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (FAHD):
Union Minister – Parshottam Rupala (Constituency- Gujarat)
Minister of State – Sanjeev Kumar Balyan (Constituency – Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh)
- In which of the following State/UT did the Ministry of Home Affairs approve the New ‘Rajya Sainik Board’ for welfare and resettlement of ex-servicemen?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Jammu & Kashmir
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) New Delhi
5) LadakhAnswer-5) Ladakh
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the Rajya Sainik Board for the Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh responsible for welfare and resettlement of 60,000 ex-servicemen, war widows, widows, non-combatants, serving personnel, including their dependents.
• The board is the apex body under which Zila Sainik Welfare Offices, Leh and Kargil will function on all matters related to the welfare and resettlement of ex-servicemen.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the 4th Edition of “Global Report on Trends in Prevalence of Tobacco use 2000–2025”?
A) The Report was published by the UNEP, which finds that the Number of tobacco users has Increased globally from 1.32 billion in 2015 to 1.46 billion in 2020.
B) South East Asian Region has the highest tobacco consumers, with 29% of its population.
C) India is the 4th-largest consumer & producer of tobacco, while the GST slab for Tobacco is set at 18% in India.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-2) Only B
The 4th Edition of Global Report on Trends in Prevalence of Tobacco Use 2000–2025 Report was published by the World Health Organization (WHO) & the Number of tobacco users has decreased globally from 1.32 billion in 2015 to 1.30 billion in 2020.
i. The South East Asian Region has the highest rates of tobacco use, with 29% of its population.
ii. India is the Second-largest consumer and producer of tobacco and the GST slab for Tobacco is 28% in India.
- Which Bank signed an agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club (JFB), a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Steel (in Nov’21) to promote and support football in India?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) IDBI Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-3) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) signed a strategic agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club (JFB), a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Steel, to promote and support football in India.
• The JRD Tata Sports Complex was set up in Jharkhand by Tata Steels, to conduct ISL (Indian Super League) and promote the sport of Football in India.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
Chairperson- Dinesh Kumar Khara
Founded– 1 July 1955
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which company signed a Co-lending agreement with State Bank of India (in Nov’21) to offer finance solutions to MSME?
1) Tata Capital Financial Services Ltd.
2) Cholamandalam Finance
3) Muthoot Finance Ltd
4) U GRO Capital
5) Power Finance Corporation LimitedAnswer-4) U GRO Capital
The State Bank of India (SBI) signed a Co-lending agreement in line with RBI guidelines with the U GRO Capital, the Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
• The SBI assigned U GRO Capital as its first co-lending partner for its ‘Sanjeevani programme’ to finance MSMEs. It will offer loans up to INR 3 crore at a competitive rate of interest.
- In November 2021, Which Village in Telangana State has been selected as one of the the best Tourism Village by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)?
5) LadhpuraAnswer-4) Pochampally
The Pochampally village in the Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district of Telangana has been selected as one of the Best Tourism Villages by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
• Pochampally village located around 50 km away from Hyderabad.
- In November 2021, Which among the following Organisation recieved the Guinness World Record(GWR) for constructing the world’s highest motorable road in Ladakh?
1) Indian Army
2) National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd
3) Border Roads Organisation
4) Border Security Force
5) Central Reserve Police ForceAnswer-3) Border Roads Organisation
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has received the Guinness World Record(GWR) for constructing & blacktopping the world highest motorable road passing through the 19,024 feet 0.73 inches (5798.251m) high Umlingla Pass in the Union Territory(UT) of Ladakh.
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the Host countries of ICC Events between 2024-2031?
A) USA & West Indies are set to Host ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024.
B) Pakistan is set to host the 2025 ICC Men’s Champions Trophy, making the first major global cricket tournament played in Pakistan since 1996.
C) India is set to host the 2029 Champions Trophy and co-host the 2026 ICC Men’s Twenty20(T20) World Cup(WC) with Sri Lanka.
1) Only A
2) Only C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-5) All A, B & C
USA & West Indies are set to Host ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024.
• Pakistan is set to host the 2025 ICC Men’s Champions Trophy. This will be the first major global cricket tournament played in Pakistan since 1996.
• India is set to host the 2029 Champions Trophy and co-host the 2026 ICC Men’s Twenty20(T20) World Cup(WC) with Sri Lanka.
- Which State’s Chief Minister has launched the ‘Duare Ration’, a doorstep ration delivery scheme (in Nov’21)?
3) West Bengal
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-3) West Bengal
The West Bengal (WB) government launched the ‘Duare Ration’ (ration at doorstep) scheme which will benefit around 10 crores of people of the state.
i. Under the Duare Ration scheme, the state government will provide a subsidy of Rs1 lakh to 21000 rational dealers to purchase a delivery vehicle.
ii. She also inaugurated a WhatsApp chatbot for the Food and Supplies Department of the state government and a mobile application, ‘Khadya Sathi: Amar Ration Mobile App’ to help people apply for ration cards.