AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- NABARD in partnership with MCCIA launched India’s 1st Agriculture Export Facilitation Center (AEFC).
What are the points that are correctly related to India’s Agricultural exports?
A) India’s Agricultural exports stood at INR 2.53 Lakh Crores in 2019-20
B) India targets to achieve USD 60 Billion in Agricultural Exports by 2022
C) India’s 1st AEFC was established in Surat, Gujarat
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-5) Only A & B
Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) in partnership with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched India’s 1st Agriculture Export Facilitation Center (AEFC) in Pune, Maharashtra.
i.India’s Agricultural exports stood at INR 2.53 Lakh Crores in 2019-20.
ii.India also targets to achieve USD 60 Billion in Agricultural Exports by 2022.
- Which state topped the ‘State of Indian Healthcare – Indian Cities through the lens of healthcare 2021’ report that was released by Housing.com?
5) KolkataAnswer-1) Pune
According to ‘State of Indian Healthcare – Indian Cities through the lens of healthcare 2021’ report released by Housing.com, a real estate portal – Pune, Maharashtra is the healthiest city among the top 8 urban cities of India
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) announced a new feature called “I choose my number” to enable its customers to choose their favourite numbers for savings or current account?
1) ESAF SFB
2) Ujjivan SFB
3) Utkarsh SFB
4) Jana SFB
5) Equitas SFBAnswer-4) Jana SFB
In order to make banking to be simple and personalised, Jana Small Finance Bank, came up with a feature called ‘I choose my number’, that allows its customers to choose their favourite numbers for their savings or current account.
- Who was crowned as 2020’s Miss Universe?
1) Andrea Meza
2) Adline Castelino
3) Manushi Chhillar
4) Julia Gama
5) Zozibini TunziAnswer-1) Andrea Meza
Mexican Model Andrea Meza was crowned as the Miss Universe 2020 at the televised event held in Florida, US. She became the 3rd Mexican woman to be crowned as Miss Universe.
- In May 2021, Italian Open tennis tournament was successfully completed.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the tournament:
A) Italian Open tournament is played in a Clay Court
B) Women’s Singles Title was won by the present WTA World No.1 Ashleigh Barty
C) Men’s Singles Title was won by the present ATP World No.3 Rafael Nadal
1) Only B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-4) Only A & C
Spain’s Rafael Nadal (ATP – World No.3) defeated Serbia’s Novak Djokovic to win the Men’s Singles Title of 2021 Italian Open (78th Edition), also known as Rome Masters.
i.In the Women’s Category, Iga Swiatek (Poland) defeated Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) to win the Women’s Singles Title of Italian Open 2021.
ii.Italian Open is a Clay court Tournament.
- Which sports organisation entered into a partnership with Stupa Sports Analytics (in May’21) for AI based real time match analysis?
1) International Table Tennis Federation
2) Badminton World Federation
3) International Hockey Federation
4) Fencing Association of India
5) Board of Control for Cricket in IndiaAnswer-1) International Table Tennis Federation
International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has entered into a partnership with Stupa Sports Analytics, a Delhi based Indian start-up company to provide Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled real-time match and practice solutions to leading players in all its 226 member associations.
- 2021’s United Nations Global Road Safety Week (UNGRSW) is observed between 17th to 23rd May.
What are the points that are correctly related to the UNGRSW?
A) Under this a global road safety campaign is annually hosted by the World Health Organisation
B) It is observed under the theme “Anyone can be a road safety leader”
C) UNGRSW mandates 30Km/hr as the nominal speed limit for cities across the world
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & C
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-2) Only A & C
United Nations Global Road Safety Week (UNGRSW) is a biennial global road safety campaign hosted by the World Health Organisation(WHO). The day aims to create awareness of road safety and make changes that will reduce the number of road deaths.
i.The Global Road Safety Week 2021 observed from 17th to 23rd May 2021 marks the 6th UNGRSW.
ii.Theme of 2021 – “Streets for Life #Love30”, which calls for 30 km/hr default speed limits where people and vehicles mix.
- Annually, World Hypertension day is observed on ____________ to create awareness about human blood pressure, which is measured to be ____________under normal conditions.
1) May 17, 130/80 mm Hg
2) May 17, 120/80 mm Hg
3) May 16, 130/80 mm Hg
4) May 16, 120/80 mm Hg
5) May 16, 140/90 mm HgAnswer-2) May 17, 120/80 mm Hg
World Hypertension day is celebrated annually on May 17 to raise awareness about the symptoms of hypertension to prevent and control it.
i.The theme for 2021: ‘Measure Your Blood Pressure Accurately, Control It, Live Longer’
ii.Normal BP is 120/80 mm Hg. High BP is defined by a level greater than 130/80 mm Hg or 140/90 mm Hg.
- When is the International Day of Living Together in Peace annually observed by the United Nations?
1) 18th May
2) 15th May
3) 16th May
4) 14th May
5) 17th MayAnswer-3) 16th May
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Living Together in Peace is annually observed across the globe on May 16 to promote peace, tolerance, inclusion, understanding and solidarity.
- Which of the following studies is wrongly matched with its field?
1) Carpology – Study of Seeds & Fruits
2) Dendrology – Study of Trees
3) Geoponics – Study of Rainfall
4) Edaphology – Study of Soil
5) Entomology – Study of InsectsAnswer-3) Geoponics – Study of Rainfall
Study Field Carpology Study of Seeds & Fruits Dendrology or Xylology Study of Trees Edaphology Study of Soil Entomology Study of Insects Geoponics Study of Agriculture Hyetology Study of Rainfall